Got out Fishing/Cold water bass

Old April 2nd, 2004, 04:24 PM
alwayfishking

Default Got out Fishing/Cold water bass

Got some early morning fishing in today. Dave V met me at 5:30 and we hit the water by 5:45. Light rain and air temp was about 30-35 degrees. We launched the tuna can and out we go. Decided that a nice slow jig and craw might do the trick, missed three fish in about 10 minutes, figured the weedguard was actually a fish guard. At this point we knew it was gonna be a cold slow morning. Not much of anything after that, didn't throw a senko for more that 2 minutes when it got hung up and broke off(wacky rigging). Dave was throwing spinnerbaits and jigs with not as much as a nibble.

We head over to the other side of this tiny lake and my hands are so cold and frozen that it takes me a good ten minutes to tie on a bullet weight rig with a baby brush hog. Dragging it slowly over some sticks and rocks in about 5 feet of water I get my first good hit, set the hook and boat a little bass about a 1lb to a 1lb and a half.

Fish a while longer and we are downright feezing, but fishing, Dave spilled his coffee so the water I was standing in now was a nice mocha color, and cold. Snapped my brush hog rig on a nasty backlash and rig another with a red bead this time, only in Junebug color. Feel something pick it up I reel down and set the hook and the rod just doesn't go no where, hurts the hand too when they are red and raw. But I lift the rod and low and behold another small bass hooked in for the ride. Boat him, release him and keep fishing, no more fish for the morning and too dam cold to keep fishing so we pack it up and head in. As Dave opens his car to load tackle he holds up the portable heater he brought with him. Nice I tell him, that wouldn't have come in handy today. We both laugh and head back to my house for some coffee and football. By the way I won 38-35 with a last minute field goal. Tomorrow there is a big fishing auction for a store that's closing down, so no fishing. It was just nice to get a few fish again after the past winter. 16 more days and we head to Okee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old April 2nd, 2004, 11:54 PM
John Kerr

Got out Fishing/Cold water bass
====
After reading that, I remembered why I have become a "fair weather"
fisherman! g.
JK

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Fri, Apr 2, 2004, 3:24pm (CST+6)
From: (alwayfishking)
Got out Fishing/Cold water bass Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Date: Fri, Apr 2, 2004, 3:24pm (CST+6) From:

(alwayfishking)

Old April 3rd, 2004, 04:09 AM
Guy A.

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 16:54:53 -0600 (CST), (John Kerr)
wrote:

After reading that, I remembered why I have become a "fair weather"
fisherman! g.

SHUT UUUUP!!!