Catch & Release

Old August 13th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Default Catch & Release

Rodney wrote:
snip
Man what a total bunch of brain washing propaganda you posted there,, I
would bet it is an official document from the democratic party.

Well, unless you're making $1.2 million a year, you vote about as
smart as you bet. If you do make over $1.2 million a year you are
voting your short-term self-interest and not the long-term interests
of the United States of America. If you don't make $1.2 million a
year then bend over and grab your ankles Rodney, 'cause BushCo is
gonna ream your rectum but good, I hope you have some KY jelly.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old August 13th, 2004, 07:42 PM
BassMr

Kenneth,you wrote that I was going off the deep end................LOL.I
hear Canada calling and they are calling you home with the rest of your
ilk.PLONK!
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
. ..
Henry Hefner wrote:

I watched it today, and you have misrepresented what happened. President
Bush did say that the first dink went to the dog to play with, ...

You know it's time for a serious change when the president of the United

States
actually mutters the infantile, instantly infamous line, "Our enemies are
innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about

new
ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we," just after
finishing phonetically spelling out his name, in his favoritest red

crayon, on
yet another budget-reaming $417 billion defense-spending bill.

And you know it's time for a change when not a single one of the rigid and
spiritually curdled military yes men standing around the ceremonial

signing
table, those sad automatons with their wooden smiles and stiff spines and
bone-dry souls, not one broke into a hysterical bout of sad, suicidal

laughter,
followed by uncontrolled wailing and the rending of flesh and the

muttering of
oh my freaking God what the hell is this man doing as leader of the free

world.

You know it's time for a change when you hear that Kerry and Edwards both

wrote
their own riveting, galvanizing acceptance speeches at the Democratic

National
Convention, heartfelt and effective rhetoric that gives you hope not for

the
quality of polished oratory but for genuine, refreshing political

intellect, and
verbal acumen, as you offer deep thanks that at least some politicians can

still
speak coherently and cogently without mangling the goddamn language at

every
adjectival clause.

Whereas you just know Dubya isn't capable of writing a single word of his

own
speeches, and will employ entire squadrons of lackeys to do it for him at

the
RNC, and will regardless still insist on mispronouncing "nukuler" and

"'Murka"
and "terrist" and "gin bender at Yale," and will doubtlessly say something

like,
"We must stamp out evil in all its forms because evil wants to do evil

things to
us and evil don't know the depths of its own, uh, evilnesses. Praise

Jesus."

There are signs and indicators. There are feelings and intuitions. There

is that
undeniable tang in the air, that clenching of the cultural colon, that

cringe in
the collective soul. Something has got to give. A national shakeup is more

than
imminent -- it is desperately, urgently needed. And Bush is just about

finished.

Don't you feel it? The sensation that the country cannot continue to

careen down
this ultraviolent, antihumanitarian path much longer without implosion and
desperation and a massive increase in sedative prescriptions for anyone

with an
even slightly intuitive sense of justice and future and long hot sighs of

hope?
You're not alone.

You know it's time for a dramatic change when American bookstores and

movie
theaters are filled with unprecedented numbers of extraordinarily damning

BushCo
exposés and embarrassing tell-all tomes and brutal whistle-blower digests

from
all corners of the culture, produced by everyone from disheartened CIA

insiders
to ex-generals to respected reporters to former U.S. allies.

From Clarke's "Against All Enemies," Woodward's "Plan of Attack,"

Suskind's
"The Price of Loyalty," Phillips' "American Dynasty," Dean's "Worse Than
Watergate," Unger's "House of Bush, House of Saud" and "Imperial Hubris,"

by
'Anonymous,' to "Fahrenheit 9/11" and "Outfoxed" and "The Hunting of the
President." Go ahead, Google any one (or all) of those titles. The list is
endless and stunning in its depth and in the heat of its unanimous BushCo
condemnation.

Hell, it's getting so you can't turn a corner or have a nuanced, humane

thought
without confronting another hunk of undeniable proof that what these media
documents say is true: The Bush administration is quite possibly the most
economically destructive, environmentally devastating, ethically corrupt,
internationally loathed, deliberately tyrannical, worst-dressed

administration
in American history.

What, too harsh? Hardly.

When the professors and other intellectuals and the artists and the social
workers and the mystics and the truly spiritual among us are appalled and
mournful, and the homophobes and the rednecks and the religious zealots

are
cheering and shooting their guns in the sky, this is how you know.

When America has become a global punch line, a petulant and screeching

child in
an oversize Texas cowboy hat throwing oily little tantrums on a WMD whim,

and
the global community can only sit there, stunned and enraged, as every

ally
withdraws all offers of support and overtures of concern for our

well-being,
this is how you know.

The activists know it. Angry groups are popping up by the hundreds across

the
nation, all working diligently to toss a nice emetic into the Republican
gorge-fest. Some are even going so far as to offer up the ultimate

sacrifice:
They will have sex with any Republicans willing to withhold their Bush

vote this
election.

It's true. It's funny. It's called

http://www.fthevote.com

What, too extreme? Hey, extreme times call for extreme lubrication.

The watchdogs know it. The usual reaction from most analysts and wonks,

most
intellectuals and artists, when faced with another presidential election,

is
this: Yawn. After all, such ultra-elitist, top-tier shifts have little

effect on
the massive daily political grind, the real meat and potatoes of

government,
right? This is the common wisdom. A change in presidents is like changing

the
paint on an aircraft carrier: different patina, same damn boat.

Not this time. All those who normally claim that a change in who sits in

the
Oval Office means nothing are now all frantically waving their arms and

shouting
their protests and joining the resistance. This election is different.

This one
matters like never before in history, considering how so many of us
underestimated just how much damage a single president's gnarled, hateful
administration could unleash upon the world in a single term.

This is the new rallying cry. If you care at all about the soul of this

country,
if you care at all about women's rights and gay rights and true spiritual
freedom and the environment and our international standing, if you care at

all
about actually reducing the anti-U.S. hatred in the world, as opposed to
amplifying it a thousandfold, then oh my god yes, this election matters.

This, then, is how you know it's time for a serious change. When you can

feel it
in your bones, when you finally attune and really listen to the underlying
messages and dig deep into your own spirit and discover that no, this

isn't the
way the world is supposed to work. This is not the way the country has to

be.

This is not the way the world's greatest superpower is supposed to behave,

this
bitter metallic taste that leaps into my mouth whenever I see a picture of
BushCo isn't really supposed to be there, the vice president isn't

supposed to
make children cry and flowers wilt and the gods recoil in disgust.

And the president isn't supposed to mangle the language and induce

multiple wars
and invite international derision and make so many millions of us ashamed

to be
Americans. It's time for a serious change. This is how you know.
-Mark

Morford

Old August 13th, 2004, 08:33 PM
AJH

What is it about ROFB you don't understand? Take your political BS else
where.

Git-R-Done

Old August 13th, 2004, 08:33 PM
AJH

Old August 13th, 2004, 08:33 PM
AJH

Old August 13th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Ken Fortenberry

AJH wrote:

What is it about ROFB you don't understand?

Most of it. I mean tournament fishing is an abomination
against god and sportsmen, using 30 lb. test to winch in
5 lb. fish is horsing, not fishing, and there's a whole lot
of unnecessary holier-than thou snobbery around here towards
those who would use nightcrawlers and minnows.

Take your political BS else
where.

But, but, THEY started it ! ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old August 14th, 2004, 12:00 AM

Hey Craig, why don't you keep your stupid political views off this
newsgroup. I for one respect our Commander in Cheif & his degree from
Yale.