Catch & Release

Old August 10th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Default OT Catch & Release

Jeff wrote:

... A Christian knows that this world will not be made perfect by
our actions. It will get better upon the return of you know who. Then it
will be destroyed and remade.
snip

That's kinda the gist of all those Tim LaHaye "Left Behind" books
right ? The Lord and Saviour returns to earth, plucks off all the
"faithful" and the rest of us get famine, floods and pestilence.

Sounds like a fair trade to me. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old August 10th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Default Catch & Release

RGarri7470 wrote:

I don't think you're going to find anyone here that's going to advocate you
"throwing away" a bass regardless of the circumstances.

Warren

Sorry, Warren, but I agree completely. I had a state fisheries biologists tell
me two weeks ago that I should remove small bass from my pond, even if I just
discard them. Removing them is the only way to keep teh pond in balance. I have
not been doing that and had a bad fish kill in one pond because it is
overpopulated. What I do with fish in my pond does not affect anyone but me.

Removing dinks is one thing, I don't know anything about Texas
fish & geame laws, but that's not really the point. An ethical
sportsman does not toss a live bass onto the deck of his boat
and let his dog gnaw on it for fun while it dies a slow death.

Kill the bass, eat the bass, cull the bass, whatever, but have
a little respect in the process. I would, and I suspect most
here would too.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old August 11th, 2004, 01:56 AM
RGarri7470

o, if John Kerry did this, it would not have been a problem? Oh wait --
that is the guy that thought cutting holes in the ice was cheating

No,John Kerry is the one that made the following statement about deer hunting
being his favorite type hunting: "I go out with my trusty 12-gauge
double-barrel, crawl around on my stomach. I track and move and decoy and play
games and
try to outsmart them. You know, you kind of play the wind.That's hunting."
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old August 11th, 2004, 01:58 AM
RGarri7470

Kill the bass, eat the bass, cull the bass, whatever, but have
a little respect in the process. I would, and I suspect most
here would too.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Would you say the same thing about bluegill? How about carp or gar?
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old August 11th, 2004, 02:35 AM
RGarri7470

Response: If George has anything to do with it, you're right,,,,,,,

Craig you just earned my second killfile. I hoped I got away from name calling
when I quit teaching middle school kids.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old August 11th, 2004, 04:02 AM
Rodney

Craig wrote:
Rodney wrote: "That means your state is CRAZY, and you will never have any
decent size
fish in a small pond,, not for long anyway,, I would love to read that
law,, surely it's posted some where on the internet ? "

Reponses: Probably is, but don't look for me to go find it.

So you don't know this as a fact,, it's just something you heard some
where ?

I don't have a problem with people telling me what they "think" is true,
as long as they qualify the statement stating they, think, or have
heard, or believe. Nothing wrong with stating your beliefs, maybe
someone else can correct you if they are wrong, or certify them if you
are right

Or

If you do know it is fact, you want others to prove, or disprove it as
fact ? you will offer no proof beyond you just stating it, and expect
everyone else to just believe you, or at least not to question you ?

After I get off these drugs, and finally pass this kidney stone (who
knows when,, maybe I will know tomorrow after seeing the Dr. again)

I will find out about your state, and post the details of the facts
here, to see if the pond owner owns his stocked fish, and can do with
them as he pleases. If your right, and you very well may be,, I pity you
living in such a state, as they are in dire need of people with more
than a high school education running their fish and game department.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Old August 11th, 2004, 02:15 PM
BassMr

I didn't see any bass dying a "slow and painful death",that must be the
Democrats take on the scene though.By the end of the week the Kerry lovers
will be saying that the dog was gutting the fish w/ his teeth,with blood and
scales flying everywhere while the President looked on with glee.Long live
the Democrats,right minded conservative AMERICANS enjoy the slapstick
politics.
Ken,is your next post going to attack Jerry McGinnis and his little
Dachsund? KILLFILE (and you are my very first)
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
. ..

Old August 11th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Scott Seidman

"Todd Copeland" wrote in
link.net:

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in
message . com...
Did you happen to watch Dubya on the Roland Martin show ?

Seems our Chief Executive catches bass and then lets his
dog chew them to death instead of releasing them.

...and eats them? If the dog eats them, I feel sorry for the dog. I
can see this creating potential health threats. On the other hand, as
long as the fish gets eaten when not thrown back I don't see a problem
with not releasing the fish.

If a person eats it for food or it's a dog that eats it, it's still
being eaten. Being eaten, for the most part, has always been an
acceptable reason for not releasing fish. In _many_ cases, releasing
all caught fish actually does more harm then good.

There's got to be some metaphor for trickle down economics in here
someplace, but damned if I can't phrase it right? Little help?

Scott