Fishing

Old June 26th, 2006, 11:38 PM posted to aus.sport.fishing

Default Fishing

Is this usernet used by anyone or is there lurkers out there???
Lushy AU

Old July 9th, 2006, 06:54 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing
swarvegorilla

not many of us
but yea we are here

Old July 9th, 2006, 08:49 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing
ASIS

well im here too
but aint doing too much fishiong its too ruddy cold and besides the fish
are still sleeping for that early bird stuff to try catch em...
LOL......
but still here

Old July 9th, 2006, 09:37 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing
Jeff

"David" wrote in message
Is this usernet used by anyone or is there lurkers out there???
Lushy AU

I'm here, yes i lurk and yes i don't oten visit, but i do love to fish,
though what has happened to them all? In this day of hi tech, they have
become so hard to catch.... grrrr no wonder fishing can be frustrating......

Old July 9th, 2006, 07:44 PM posted to aus.sport.fishing
David

Jeff wrote:
"David" wrote in message
Is this usernet used by anyone or is there lurkers out there???
Lushy AU

I'm here, yes i lurk and yes i don't oten visit, but i do love to
fish, though what has happened to them all? In this day of hi tech,
they have become so hard to catch.... grrrr no wonder fishing can be
frustrating......

Fishing can be very frustrating indeed, I mainly chase the odd flatty and
scare the life out of trout and yes it is to bloody cold in sunny victoria
at the moment - lookout summer as I have just purchased a Jeep Wrangler so I
will be able to explore more.
Lushy

Old July 12th, 2006, 07:36 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing
High Country Houseboats

Yeah it may be cold but the fishing is good on Lake Eildon...The trout
though a bit small are almost jumping into the boat and the redfin are
getting very hungry

--
High Country Houseboats
www.ahch.com.au

Old July 12th, 2006, 09:39 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing
David

Jeff wrote:
"David" wrote in message
Is this usernet used by anyone or is there lurkers out there???
Lushy AU

I'm here, yes i lurk and yes i don't oten visit, but i do love to
fish, though what has happened to them all? In this day of hi tech,
they have become so hard to catch.... grrrr no wonder fishing can be
frustrating......

Fishing can be very frustrating indeed, I mainly chase the odd
flatty and scare the life out of trout and yes it is to bloody cold
in sunny victoria at the moment - lookout summer as I have just
purchased a Jeep Wrangler so I will be able to explore more.
Lushy

Sounds good mate will be up that way at the end of the month - might just
have to throw a line in to - whats the best bait and is it available localy?
Lushy

Old July 12th, 2006, 10:24 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing
Lindsay

David wrote:

Fishing can be very frustrating indeed, I mainly chase the odd flatty and
scare the life out of trout and yes it is to bloody cold in sunny victoria

Damn cold! Today's been a shocker!

Tell me.. as a trout fisho, is there a season on trout in Victoria?
I've always been worried that I'd fish out of season on the Wonnangatta
River, near Dargo, Vic...

at the moment - lookout summer as I have just purchased a Jeep Wrangler so I
will be able to explore more.

Good luck to ya.. I've just got a BF XR6 Falcon tray ute.. I can see
a few trips to Apollo Bay, and Narooma NSW, looming...

Regards

Lindsay

--
Scrap the 00 to post direct.

"We all should present legal cars. I'm embarrassed we've presented a car
that's ineligible." Mark Skaife, Chief Sook, HRT.12/11/04 (It must hurt
to say illegal!)

"Speed limit near schools lowered to 40 grams per student" - CNNNN
Old July 13th, 2006, 07:52 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing
High Country Houseboats

Best bait seems to be Tassie devil lures and soft plastics but scrub worms
pic up the odd fish as well.
As for the season the rivers are closed to fishing from queens birthday
weekend until 1st of November (I think...check with the book next time you
renew your licence) but there is no closed season in Lake Eildon though
there is in some of the other Victorian lakes

--
High Country Houseboats
www.ahch.com.au

Old July 15th, 2006, 10:16 AM posted to aus.sport.fishing
Lindsay

High Country Houseboats wrote:

Best bait seems to be Tassie devil lures and soft plastics but scrub worms
pic up the odd fish as well.

As for the season the rivers are closed to fishing from queens birthday
weekend until 1st of November (I think...check with the book next time you
renew your licence) but there is no closed season in Lake Eildon though
there is in some of the other Victorian lakes

Thanks for that! I'm not a big freshwater fisho, I prefer dragging a
lure
around Montague Island, NSW, but I live in Melbourne, and my mate owns
land with river frontage on the Wonnangatta... I prefer squeezing a
trigger than casting a worm, but I've always been worried I'm not doing
the right thing in the river, so thats cleared that up....

many thanks..