Backcountry (?) Yellowstone...

Old August 26th, 2006, 06:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Michael

Default Backcountry (?) Yellowstone...

We've decided we would like to hike inthree to five miles or so to
fish when we go to Yellowstone in a couple weeks. I was wondering ...

1st: What lakes and rivers wouldyou hike in to fish?

2nd: What conditions are the lakes currently in?

3rd: What kind of rigs (3wt 5wt 6wt spinning) would you pack in?
Waders?

Thanks!

We're getting really excited!

Old August 26th, 2006, 08:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mr. Opus McDopus

"Michael" wrote in message
s.com...
We've decided we would like to hike inthree to five miles or so to
fish when we go to Yellowstone in a couple weeks. I was wondering ...

1st: What lakes and rivers wouldyou hike in to fish?

Fawn Lake

2nd: What conditions are the lakes currently in?

Fawn Lake has lots-o-water

3rd: What kind of rigs (3wt 5wt 6wt spinning) would you pack in?
Waders?

4wt flyrod! We don't do spinning rigs here!

Possibly on the waders.

Op

Old August 27th, 2006, 02:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Mr. Opus McDopus wrote:

"Michael" wrote in message
s.com...

We've decided we would like to hike inthree to five miles or so to
fish when we go to Yellowstone in a couple weeks. I was wondering ...

1st: What lakes and rivers wouldyou hike in to fish?

2nd: What conditions are the lakes currently in?

3rd: What kind of rigs (3wt 5wt 6wt spinning) would you pack in?
Waders?

Possibly on the waders.

Thanks!

We're getting really excited!

op...you really ought not send folks to mythical lakes...g

michael - my suggestion for the best suggestions would be to call blue
ribbon flyshop, 406-646-7642, for a local expert...tell them your
interest and abilities, and they'll help you out. one of the shop
employees specializes in fishing the park lakes frank reid can tell you
about the last lake adventure in yellowstone with willi based on the
recommendation of one of willi's friends.

as far as folks on this board, frankly, i think chas knows as much about
yellowstone lakes as anyone who posts in this group. one he has
suggested is heart lake below yellowstone lake, east of the road and
across from lewis lake. another is blacktail, east of mammoth, but
that's on the road, no hike required.