PING! Jeff Miller

Old August 19th, 2006, 12:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mr. Opus McDopus

Default PING! Jeff Miller

Remember the time we fished Upper Creek, from below the cable
crossing--that's where you climbed up and over the cable crossing, because
you wanted to throw yourself over the cliff side!--up to the Greentown
Trail? Well, I'm gonna do it again this Sunday with Trent, one of Walt's
customers. You are welcome to join us.

TR sometime next week.

Oh yeah, I had orientation today and I begin classes on the 28th. I think
I'm really gonna enjoy this program.

Bumped into Snakefiddler, during orientation. She's been up in West
Virginnie interning with a mountain-top removal activist organization. She
told me to say high to all Roffians for her!

Op

Old August 19th, 2006, 03:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Mr. Opus McDopus wrote:

Remember the time we fished Upper Creek, from below the cable
crossing--that's where you climbed up and over the cable crossing, because
you wanted to throw yourself over the cliff side!--up to the Greentown
Trail? Well, I'm gonna do it again this Sunday with Trent, one of Walt's
customers. You are welcome to join us.

TR sometime next week.

Oh yeah, I had orientation today and I begin classes on the 28th. I think
I'm really gonna enjoy this program.

Bumped into Snakefiddler, during orientation. She's been up in West
Virginnie interning with a mountain-top removal activist organization. She
told me to say high to all Roffians for her!

Op

thanks for the invite. but i think one successful climb over that rock
was all this life will allow me. rather have my hemorrhoids removed and
then sit on wooden pews while attending a full day session of a
primitive baptist preachathon than attempt it again. but, that stretch
is among my favorite nc waters. have you explored the area below the
falls yet?

jeff
Old August 19th, 2006, 09:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mr. Opus McDopus

"jeff" wrote in message
Mr. Opus McDopus wrote:
thanks for the invite. but i think one successful climb over that rock was
all this life will allow me. rather have my hemorrhoids removed and then
sit on wooden pews while attending a full day session of a primitive
baptist preachathon than attempt it again. but, that stretch is among my
favorite nc waters. have you explored the area below the falls yet?

jeff

We could hike up and over Raven's Cliff, if ya change yer mind, in the
future? Of course, we'd miss all the beautiful scenery across the cable and
the 4 tiers of waterfalls climb!

Haven't been anywhere near the falls, since you and I camped. However,
Trent is young, dumb, and physically fit, so he has offered to join me on a
GtT to the Falls adventure, before the time changes. I'll keep ya informed.

Op

Old August 19th, 2006, 09:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Harrison

"Mr. Opus McDopus" wrote

,
Trent is young, dumb, and physically fit, so he has offered to join me on
a GtT to the Falls adventure, before the time changes. I'll keep ya
informed.

hey, op--my youngest, anthony, is now an inhabitant of appalachian
university. look for him--he'll be the kid with black moptop hair,
constantly humming dylan and the beatles, carrying a guitar, and completely
clueless.

yfitp
wayno

Old August 19th, 2006, 10:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 20:40:18 GMT, "Wayne Harrison"
wrote:

hey, op--my youngest, anthony, is now an inhabitant of appalachian
university. look for him--he'll be the kid with black moptop hair,
constantly humming dylan and the beatles, carrying a guitar, and completely
clueless.

Yeah, but he does a nice t-shirt. Hard to find one these days.

d;o)

Old August 20th, 2006, 04:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
m...

"Mr. Opus McDopus" wrote

,
Trent is young, dumb, and physically fit, so he has offered to join me on
a GtT to the Falls adventure, before the time changes. I'll keep ya
informed.

hey, op--my youngest, anthony, is now an inhabitant of appalachian
university. look for him--he'll be the kid with black moptop hair,
constantly humming dylan and the beatles, carrying a guitar, and
completely clueless.

yfitp
wayno

I'm beginning to see a pattern.....

john

Old August 20th, 2006, 11:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mr. Opus McDopus

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
m...
hey, op--my youngest, anthony, is now an inhabitant of appalachian
university. look for him--he'll be the kid with black moptop hair,
constantly humming dylan and the beatles, carrying a guitar, and
completely clueless.

yfitp
wayno

Does he fly fish?

What degree program is he working toward. Now that I am a registered
student, it shouldn't raise too many eyebrows, if I begin to rifle through
his personal records :~^ )

Let him know that he can contact me at: 292-9005 cell, or at work at
262-3290 ext.119, if he wants to fish or needs any other assistance--besides
someone to purchase alcohol for him.

Op --it would be a plus, if he is a babe magnet like his daddy!--

Old August 20th, 2006, 11:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mr. Opus McDopus

wrote:

hey, op--my youngest, anthony, is now an inhabitant of appalachian
university. look for him--he'll be the kid with black moptop hair,
constantly humming dylan and the beatles, carrying a guitar, and
completely
clueless.

Yeah, but he does a nice t-shirt. Hard to find one these days.

d;o)

Once you get a life, you might want to try Wal-Mart!

:~^ )~

Old August 21st, 2006, 12:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Harrison

"Mr. Opus McDopus" wrote in message
. ..

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
m...
hey, op--my youngest, anthony, is now an inhabitant of appalachian
university. look for him--he'll be the kid with black moptop hair,
constantly humming dylan and the beatles, carrying a guitar, and
completely clueless.

yfitp
wayno

Does he fly fish?

yes; he has fished hazel. but mostly warm water fish.

What degree program is he working toward. Now that I am a registered
student, it shouldn't raise too many eyebrows, if I begin to rifle through
his personal records :~^ )

music major. one helluva rock band bass player, with growing talent as
a lead guitar player. 1470 sat; national honor society; b average in the
most advanced course program available to nc high school kids.

Let him know that he can contact me at: 292-9005 cell, or at work at
262-3290 ext.119, if he wants to fish or needs any other
assistance--besides someone to purchase alcohol for him.
you will likely be a busy man, either way you look at it.

Op --it would be a plus, if he is a babe magnet like his daddy!--

i blow him away.

yfitp
wayno(but then, modesty has never been my best quality)

Old August 21st, 2006, 12:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Joe McIntosh

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
m...
hey, op--my youngest, anthony, is now an inhabitant of appalachian
university. look for him--he'll be the kid with black moptop hair,
constantly humming dylan and the beatles, carrying a guitar, and
completely clueless.

yfitp
wayno

IJ adds--passed thru the university this week and saw a young guy with
guitar,lots of gals following him. seems he had a credit card and the
gals heard his father was rich. If you go up to visit be sure to have a
pizza at Mellow Mushroom--

I fished at headwaters of river--very low water and very small
brookies---got 7 ft leaders for 7 ft three weight from Walt and
found that putting a 6x leader into a 16 size hook requires eyes younger
than mine---- new Joe rule 14 size fly and 5x tippet or just watch the
birds.