Putz

Old September 19th, 2006, 06:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

Default Putz

I had to look that one up...
that's pretty bad stuff:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=putz&r=f
-tom

Old September 19th, 2006, 06:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

"Tom Nakashima" wrote in news:eep894$3oq$1
@news.Stanford.EDU:

http://www.urbandiction

It's often said that languages develop nuanced terms to deal with
particulars-- like the Eskimo/cold thing. I think Yiddish has the most
varied terminology for male genitalia.

The whole thing makes you wonder just when the Germans had a doppelganger
problem!

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old September 19th, 2006, 06:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Tom Nakashima wrote:
I had to look that one up...
that's pretty bad stuff:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=putz&r=f
-tom

LaCourse doesn't even have the wit to come up with his own name-calling
vocabulary. He has to steal it from Fortenberry.

Old September 19th, 2006, 06:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:09:55 -0700, "Tom Nakashima"
wrote:

I had to look that one up...
that's pretty bad stuff:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=putz&r=f
-tom

My man Fortenberry first used the word to describe a certain person on
roff. Ken does have a way with words. d;o)

Old September 19th, 2006, 06:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 17:23:23 GMT, rw
wrote:

LaCourse doesn't even have the wit to come up with his own name-calling
vocabulary. He has to steal it from Fortenberry.

It ain't stealing if you acknowledge the source, which I did.
Fortenberry has a way with words - what can I say? He also pegged
perfectly a certain drunken redneck and many people at the time, said,
"Fortenberry is right on again," meaning that he pegged you for what
you are, the the redneck for what he is. We need more Fortenberrys to
weed out the putzes and molesters.

LaCourse (enjoying the day from a porch on a cabin on Lower Lake
Richardson)

Old September 19th, 2006, 06:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Tom Nakashima" wrote in message
I had to look that one up...
that's pretty bad stuff:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=putz&r=f
-tom

Looking too closely to antecedents for an accurate picture of usage in the
vernacular is generally a mistake. None of those definitions does justice
to the word 'putz' as it is commonly used in American English. For example,
the anatomical association has been all but lost, and the sidelong nod to
class distinctions in the German 'putzen' (cleaning) is entirely irrelevant.
Definition number 2 is the closest to describing the term as it is used in
American English, but better yet would be to simply declare it to be
synonymous with 'dork'. Thus, as has been seen here for years, kennie's
insistence on applying the term to stevie is simply another in a long series
of demonstrations of linguistic ineptitude. The word he is looking for
(forever in vain) is 'asshole'. Numerous adjectives would be applicable but
the point is moot as kennie can't write the word 'ass'. Every time he
tries, he gets an 'r' and an 'e' stuck in his ass and ****s an 's'. Of
course, none of this should be construed as indicating in any way that
stevie is NOT a putz or a dork.......it's just that such a monumental
asshole tends to absorb and reduce to a uniform brown sludge anything else
that might be thrown in its direction.

Wolfgang
from the entomology-r-us desk.

Old September 19th, 2006, 07:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred Lebow

I am quite familiar with Lower Richardson Lake
It is a wonderful place to be!
I feel like a putz for not being there right now!

Fred

--
Fred Lebow

Old September 19th, 2006, 07:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 4...
"Tom Nakashima" wrote in news:eep894$3oq$1
@news.Stanford.EDU:

http://www.urbandiction

It's often said that languages develop nuanced terms to deal with
particulars-- like the Eskimo/cold thing. I think Yiddish has the most
varied terminology for male genitalia.

The whole thing makes you wonder just when the Germans had a doppelganger
problem!

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply

Not as bas as my mother-in-law from Japan, who used to get her compound
words backwards.
The first five years I've known her, she called me "Whole-Oss", which I took
it as something good in Japanese.
For the longest time I thought I was the Guru of Son-in-laws when she called
me that. Then one day she asked me
for some of the Finger Butter candybar I was eating. That's when I realized
she was calling me an Asshole all
that time.
I think Putz might be worst though.
fwiw,
-tom

Old September 19th, 2006, 08:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

Wolfgang wrote:

from the entomology-r-us desk.

I believe you better start hatching some etymology.

Old September 19th, 2006, 09:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Wayne Knight" wrote in message
oups.com...
Wolfgang wrote:

from the entomology-r-us desk.

I believe you better start hatching some etymology.

I believe I have your ThermaRest pad. The Woodington Place address still
good?

Wolfgang
ethnology, epistemology.......what's the difference among friends, right?