Help!!

Old April 1st, 2006, 01:40 PM
DaveCole DaveCole is offline
Junior Member

Default Help!!

My 8 year old son wants to start sea fishing and I'm looking for a good place to take him. At this moment he would be happy to catch anything. Any ideas? We live in Yorkshire but for him I will travel just about anyplace.
Thanks
Old April 2nd, 2006, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea

Dave - assuming this is a seperate question to your one about boat
fishing I'd suggest you take him to the East Pier at Scarborough.
There's water there at most stages of the tide, it's not too long a walk
to get to the end, toilets are nearby as are plenty of food stations -
oh and of course fishing off the end, towards the town, the bottom is
generally soft so you won't lose much gear and there are plenty of
little billet (coalfish) and flatties to be caught.

Old April 2nd, 2006, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea

--
DaveCole

My sujestion is to take him to a local pier to see others fihsing and
ask what they are are catching ,using as biat etc. and take it from
there.