Hard water again

Old February 10th, 2004, 04:12 AM
J Buck

Default Hard water again

headed out tomorrow with my Dad and his buddy who (supposedly) knows of
a sweet spot for bass. Should be perfect conditions...20" of ice, but
relatively tropical...predicted high of 38=B0!

Dave in Maine

Old February 10th, 2004, 05:21 AM
Calif Bill

"J Buck" wrote in message
headed out tomorrow with my Dad and his buddy who (supposedly) knows of
a sweet spot for bass. Should be perfect conditions...20" of ice, but
relatively tropical...predicted high of 38°!

Dave in Maine

I feel bad. Complained today about the cold. Bright sunny weather and went
out to get the mail. Needed a coat. Was in the very low 50's.
Bill

Old February 10th, 2004, 05:40 AM
J Buck

Should be perfect conditions...20" of ice, but relatively
tropical...predicted high of 38=B0! Dave in Maine

I feel bad. Complained today about the cold. Bright sunny weather and
went out to get the mail. Needed a coat. Was in the very low 50's. Bill

Don't feel bad, Bill. We all choose to live where we do. (Well, most of
the time)
The winters are bearable because it is so gorgeous the other 7 months of
the year, especially June through August. Plus I can leave my car
running while I run in the store and not have to go armed when I take my
dog for a walk late at night. The sad thing is, I'm excited about it
being almost 40=B0 Tuesday! LoL

Old February 10th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Calif Bill

"J Buck" wrote in message
Should be perfect conditions...20" of ice, but relatively
tropical...predicted high of 38°! Dave in Maine

I feel bad. Complained today about the cold. Bright sunny weather and
went out to get the mail. Needed a coat. Was in the very low 50's. Bill

Don't feel bad, Bill. We all choose to live where we do. (Well, most of
the time)
The winters are bearable because it is so gorgeous the other 7 months of
the year, especially June through August. Plus I can leave my car
running while I run in the store and not have to go armed when I take my
dog for a walk late at night. The sad thing is, I'm excited about it
being almost 40° Tuesday! LoL

I live in the Burb's. Wife and I do our walk a lot at night. I lived a
winter in Dayton, OH. Other than women and drinking, was not much else to
do. but being 21 years old, that sufficed.

Old February 10th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Eric Ryder

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"J Buck" wrote in message
headed out tomorrow with my Dad and his buddy who (supposedly) knows of
a sweet spot for bass. Should be perfect conditions...20" of ice, but
relatively tropical...predicted high of 38°!

Dave in Maine

I feel bad. Complained today about the cold. Bright sunny weather and

went
out to get the mail. Needed a coat. Was in the very low 50's.
Bill

I guess it really isn't a cliche - If the thermometer over the sink reads =
20, I'll put a jacket on for the walk to the mailbox.

Eric in NH

Old February 10th, 2004, 10:25 PM
J Buck

3 small perch, 1 small pickerel, and 2 decent size (for me anyway) SM
bass. And the wx was indeed beautiful...sunny most of the day, little or
no wind, and temps in the mid/upper 30s.

Dave in Maine

Old February 12th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Calif Bill

"J Buck" wrote in message
3 small perch, 1 small pickerel, and 2 decent size (for me anyway) SM
bass. And the wx was indeed beautiful...sunny most of the day, little or
no wind, and temps in the mid/upper 30s.

Dave in Maine

Took the 14' tin boat out yesterday to Lake Pardee www.lakepardee.com
Mostly a trout lake, but does hold bass. Since this was test run of a boat
I have not run for a lot of years and I am selling, did trout only. Was
frost in the morning at my house (40 miles from San Franciso) and was cool
at the lake (Sierra foothills) in the morning. By 2:00 lake was like glass,
tee shirt with life jacket on weather. Caught a couple of nice holdover
trout as opposed to recent planter pelletheads. Boat ran great, motor
scared me as no water out the pee hole. Cleaned out hole and all was fine.
Saw a couple of bass boats working some points. But since I do not like to
stand up and cast from the boat, stayed with trout trolling. Next trip is
the big boat and the bass gear gets work.
Bill