Tarantula

Old September 14th, 2007, 07:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
John

Default Tarantula

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clip_image002.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	401
Old September 14th, 2007, 07:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
John

This Big Bass Popping Bug is made from wine cork.
For more info see Tom Nakashima's "Two-Buck_Chuck wins double gold" post in
R.O.F.F.

Old September 15th, 2007, 02:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
George

One question and one suggestion.

The question: Do you have bass big enough to justify it?

The suggestion: you should take the picture next to somethning so we can get
a sense of scale.
George in Las Vegas

Old September 15th, 2007, 12:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

George wrote:
One question and one suggestion.

The question: Do you have bass big enough to justify it?

The suggestion: you should take the picture next to somethning so we can get
a sense of scale.
George in Las Vegas

George it is with something you can judge the scale with
Looks like it's in a fly tying vice's jaws,, that's really looks like a
small popper that even a bream would hit. Great detail, dang good
looking popper

--
Rodney Long
SpecTastic Wiggle rig
Old September 17th, 2007, 02:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
JamesRay

Rodney Long wrote in
:

George wrote:
One question and one suggestion.

The question: Do you have bass big enough to justify it?

The suggestion: you should take the picture next to somethning so we
can get a sense of scale.
George in Las Vegas

George it is with something you can judge the scale with
Looks like it's in a fly tying vice's jaws,, that's really looks like
a small popper that even a bream would hit. Great detail, dang good
looking popper

All you need to do now is attach a cube of Spam to it, and then get Dick
Short to hawk the Spam-Fly on his website, along with all the other Spam
bloated junk he's been panhandling here for years.

Old September 18th, 2007, 06:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
John

Yep son and I were fishing it yesterday AM in Central Oregon until the
incoming storm chased us home. We were using one fly fishing where I
embedded glass rattles in it and it conked my boy nicely up side of the
head. (thanks wind ugh!)

With an ultralite, you can hunk them a country mile! Later he was ultralite
casting it cross wind, the wind caught it, sent it back and he had to drop
to his knees to keep that sucker from hitting him in the face g Dang wind!

With that wind blowing us, just a little twitch makes them wiggle but your
Spectastic would be better if we could figure out how to use it on topwater

The wind kicked our fannies on LM bass but he landed three smallies with it.
Now that you mention it, betcha those shellcrackers or big hybrid bream you
all have would hit these tarantulas nicely. I designed them to mimic those
huge black tarantulas in the Ozarks and those brown tarantulas in West
Texas. Both colors seem to work the same around logs, rocks, way back under
overhanging trees, and probably also in flooded kudzu. This time of year
there are some huge terrestrial bugs around.

Good luck!
John

Old September 18th, 2007, 02:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

John wrote:
Yep son and I were fishing it yesterday AM in Central Oregon until the
incoming storm chased us home. We were using one fly fishing where I
embedded glass rattles in it and it conked my boy nicely up side of the
head. (thanks wind ugh!)

With an ultralite, you can hunk them a country mile! Later he was ultralite
casting it cross wind, the wind caught it, sent it back and he had to drop
to his knees to keep that sucker from hitting him in the face g Dang wind!

With that wind blowing us, just a little twitch makes them wiggle but your
Spectastic would be better if we could figure out how to use it on topwater

In shallow water, I use it with a 9 1/2 foot Saint Croix Steel head rod,
and a 7 to 9 foot leader between the lure (fly's work great) and the
SpecTastic. I quiver my hand,, which quivers the lure on the surface.
With practice, you can easily duplicate the action of an insect that's
stuck on the water surface. It turns fishing,, into catching :-)

You can also do this using a fly rod and reel, Use the "weight release
wires" and a tiny split shot crimped on the wire, bend the wire to grab
the bottom, to allow you to work your fly.

My Dynamite worm (called that because it duplicates the success of
putting fish in the boat as a stick of dynamite) works so well, it has
an "instant" Money back warranty, without even returning the product,
if it does not out catch any other method or lure,, even live bait used
by anyone fishing next to you. All you have to do is email me, and tell
me another method or bait beat it. I will instantly PayPal you a "total"
refund including the S&H. The Dynamite comes with a complete Wiggle kit
less weights

Another way to fish it top water, is throwing the weight on the bank,,
or on top of weeds,, this really catches fish when they are around the banks