A short TR

Old February 10th, 2006, 09:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default A short TR

We've got some sort of pre-spring thing springing out all over
hereabouts, and I can't stay off the river. Temps in the high 40s,
hallelujah. A person can walk along the river trail without icy stilts
growing from the bottom of his boots.

The fishing itself was something of a comedy of errors. A sporadic mix
of caddis in a wide range of sizes (10 to 18) and colors (orange, tan,
brown and dark grey). A few BWOs too. Yet whatever I cast to a rise
form turned out to be in almost every case the wrong choice. And the
few fish I *didn't* put down I either missed on the rise or lost after
the briefest of hook-ups.

In the end, I had to resort to high-sticking a HEAVY tbh prince in the
top of a plunge pool to fool the one fish willing to be landed.

http://tinyurl.com/apqfb

JR

Old February 10th, 2006, 09:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"JR" wrote in message ...
We've got some sort of pre-spring thing springing out all over
hereabouts, and I can't stay off the river. Temps in the high 40s,
hallelujah. A person can walk along the river trail without icy stilts
growing from the bottom of his boots.

The fishing itself was something of a comedy of errors. A sporadic mix
of caddis in a wide range of sizes (10 to 18) and colors (orange, tan,
brown and dark grey). A few BWOs too. Yet whatever I cast to a rise
form turned out to be in almost every case the wrong choice. And the
few fish I *didn't* put down I either missed on the rise or lost after
the briefest of hook-ups.

In the end, I had to resort to high-sticking a HEAVY tbh prince in the
top of a plunge pool to fool the one fish willing to be landed.

http://tinyurl.com/apqfb

I am so very jealous of the folks that are able to fish nearby waters this
time of the year.

Great looking fish.

Dan

JR

Old February 11th, 2006, 12:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"JR" wrote

We've got some sort of pre-spring thing springing out all over
hereabouts, and I can't stay off the river. Temps in the high 40s,

we've hit the 70s here the last couple days But, I went down to the river
to look and it's still running WAY above any level that I feel seems
fishable. "Maybe" they will lower flows soon, but I'm not holding my
breath. If it stays still nice till Monday, I'm fishing somewhere, damnit
!! But I avoid going out on the weekends, if possible.

Down side to the lovely weather? I just drank a Coke while sitting on the
deck ... in the short time it took to consume it I could see our weeds grow
3 inches !!! Lawn mower comes out soon, actually it's past due but,
sunshine or not, the grass/ground is still very wet, standing in water many
places.

Enjoy yourself JR, you're reports inspire the rest of us

Old February 13th, 2006, 08:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Let me guess, you're not in New York city, DC or Bal'more?
Frank Reid
(who spent 5 1/2 shoveling and using the snow blower yesterday. Well,
an hour and a half was spent extracating my neighbor's Sunday comics
from said snowblower. Why is it that we can't get a friggen snow plow
down the street but the damn paperboy can sew anti-snowblower mines?)