OT DIsappearing act

Old November 5th, 2008, 10:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Default OT DIsappearing act

Yoo hoo, calling rdean, where arrrrrrrrrrre you ?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old November 5th, 2008, 11:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 16:08:00 -0600, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Yoo hoo, calling rdean, where arrrrrrrrrrre you ?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!

He's scheduled to reappear with the 2010 mid-term elections...

/daytripper (can't wait! rolls eyes)
Old November 6th, 2008, 12:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
Yoo hoo, calling rdean, where arrrrrrrrrrre you ?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!

it's not like someone didn't tell him that it might turn into a landslide by
Nov.4....g
Tom

Old November 6th, 2008, 01:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:

Yoo hoo, calling rdean, where arrrrrrrrrrre you ?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!

Um, living my life, and I pretty well knew what ROFF would generally
contain - a bunch of guilty white "liberals" gloating and congratulating
themselves on how wonderful they are for having voted for a black guy
who was gonna "change" everything and a coupla-three of clueless old
farts railing against it all. As for me, as I said, it changes nothing
and there is no way whatsoever to know what or how Obama might do, so
commenting on what he _might_ do is premature. He was an unknown
quantity on Tuesday morning and he'll be one until at least he is sworn
in. About all that I would offer is that he better be VERY careful
about what he does as neither he nor Dems got anything remotely close to
a "mandate from the people" (no, the "popular vote" total is not
terribly reflective if you analyze it). I hope he lives up to even half
his hype, because if so, he'll be a decent President. And to
quasi-quote a moderately well-known black comedian, "Obama, you're in,
brother...for God's sake, don't lose yo' damn mind..." His supposed
choice of Rahm Emanuel for CoS doesn't bode well.

And there you are,
Old November 6th, 2008, 01:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 00:42:04 GMT, "Tom Littleton"
wrote:

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
.. .
Yoo hoo, calling rdean, where arrrrrrrrrrre you ?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!

it's not like someone didn't tell him that it might turn into a landslide by
Nov.4....g
Tom

Um, you might want to really review the numbers - it was hardly "a
landslide."

TC,
Old November 6th, 2008, 04:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

wrote:

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
.. .
Yoo hoo, calling rdean, where arrrrrrrrrrre you ?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!

it's not like someone didn't tell him that it might turn into a landslide by
Nov.4....g
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Tom

Um, you might want to really review the numbers - it was hardly "a
landslide."

TC,

Define a 'landslide'.
http://tinyurl.com/55x7a8

--riverman
Old November 6th, 2008, 05:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
.. .
Yoo hoo, calling rdean, where arrrrrrrrrrre you ?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!

it's not like someone didn't tell him that it might turn into a landslide by
Nov.4....g
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Tom

Um, you might want to really review the numbers - it was hardly "a
landslide."

TC,

Define a 'landslide'.
http://tinyurl.com/55x7a8

Well, look at like this - looking at it from the "mandate" side (which
isn't the actual election via Electors) there were roughly 120 million
votes cast and two states, New York and California, accounted for a
little over 4 million, or roughly half the difference, and 6 populous
"Dem" states (states that were almost certainly going Dem regardless)
CA, NY, PA, NJ, Mass., and Ill., account for most of the difference. The
outcome would have been the same whether 3 people in each had voted, 2
Obama, 1 McCain or 30,000,000, 20 mil to 10 mil. I guess one might say
Obama has a "mandate" from the people who were going to vote Dem
regardless, but...

On the Electoral side, 7 states with a combined total of about 600,000
votes difference that would have put the election the other way. All
had extremely high minority turnout, such that it appears to have either
swung the election or contributed significantly to it. Is this "bad?"
That's in the eye of the beholder, I suppose, but I must say and I would
say all rational people would agree that _IF_ the primary reason for
those votes were FOR mere skin color, that's not "good," just as I would
say and all rational people would agree that votes AGAINST mere skin
color are "bad" - either way, it's racist. Obama essentially used the
"vote for a brother" strategy in several states - what would you think
if McCain had used a "don't vote for the darkie" strategy? It's the
same thing - do or don't do based on skin color.

IAC, given that a relative few voters in a relative few states "made the
election," I'd say it isn't "a landslide" and further, given that in
popular vote, the numbers are very concentrated, I'd say it isn't "a
mandate by the people."

Nothing in the above should be construed to take away from the fact that
Obama won and clearly so, but it simply isn't, objectively, "a
landslide" or "a mandate."

HTH,
--riverman

Old November 6th, 2008, 07:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Nov 6, 9:18*am, wrote:

Oh, you mean they did not use the "Don't let the darkie vote
strategy," and the "don't vote for the darkie" strategies? (Fibb meter
overload)
And what was all that stuff that was being made of the Obama's knckle
wrap etc.?
Richard, Richard, Richard
When has the dominant party not run the "fear the darkie" strategy,
primarily in the South, and Southern midwest.?
Old November 6th, 2008, 11:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

wrote in message
His supposed
choice of Rahm Emanuel for CoS doesn't bode well.

And there you are,

I might disagree, as Emmanuel will keep the more-liberal House of Reps in
line, as Obama develops his program.
It might work like this: Obama's team develops an initiative, ole Rahm
steers it though house intact(ie: without Pelosi et al ****ing it up), while
Biden shmoozes the Senate. This may prove a very successful approach, time
will tell.
Tom