Minnow Tanks

Old March 30th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Catfish

Default Minnow Tanks

Morning

I'm opening a B&T shop in Central KY in about 3-4 weeks.
I'm having one hell of a time locating a minnow tank for the
shop. I also need a cricket cage.

I've got a couple of catalogs coming in but they seem to
be taking forever.

I found a website in Canada but they won't answer email
and when you call the phone is disconnected.

Anyone know of a dealer in their area that handles minnow tanks?

Thanks in advance
Bill

In God We Trust
And may all terrorists be returned to their
maker in more than one piece.

Old March 30th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Pepperoni

Call the farm bureau and ask about stock tanks. The aerator pumps can be
had through mail order. The big oval galvanized tanks would probably be
best.
http://www.applegatesteel.com/Ideal%20Tanks.htm
http://www.thesolar.biz/Stock_Tanks.htm
http://www.siouxsteel.com/LvstkStkTanks.htm

Be aware that some of the plastic tanks need to be thoroughly cleaned before
use; they may contain oils and parting compounds toxic to minnows. (ditto
the galvanized, I suppose)

Old March 30th, 2005, 09:46 PM
R. Santink

I found a website in Canada but they won't answer email
and when you call the phone is disconnected.

Anyone know of a dealer in their area that handles minnow tanks?

What's the name/number of the place you tried in Canada? I can look
into it from this end if it helps (I'm in Canada)

RAS

Old March 31st, 2005, 03:18 AM
Catfish

Thanks.

Heres the link
http://www.rodwayrefrigeration.com/minnow_chiller.htm

Phone number
1-800-665-0523 or 1-204-786-4881

I tried them again today. When I dial it I get an
operator saying that the 901 number I called has been changed.
(never dialed a 901 number)

Let me know what you come up with

"R. Santink" wrote in message

I found a website in Canada but they won't answer email
and when you call the phone is disconnected.

Anyone know of a dealer in their area that handles minnow tanks?

What's the name/number of the place you tried in Canada? I can look into
it from this end if it helps (I'm in Canada)

RAS

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Old March 31st, 2005, 03:21 AM
Catfish

Thanks. I found a place in SC that only wanted 160.00
for one but they did not know what a chiller was for the thing.
Or if one would fit on it.
Its more of a holding tank for the minnows than something
to be used in a bait shop

I also found one made by Living Stream but they want
close to 4500.00 for it. Was sure hoping it would not cost that
much.

Thanks for the advice. I'll make a few calls tomorrow down that
avenue.

Old April 1st, 2005, 03:46 AM
R. Santink

Bill,

I'll give them a call tomorrow morning (Friday) and let you know what
happens....

RAS

Old April 1st, 2005, 06:19 PM
hillbilly3302

why not use a water tank for livestock, they are cheap and can be picked up
at any farm supply... an arreator is no problem. you can find one in any
old junk washing machine..... and walla! a Hillbilly minnow tank!

--
DRC
BULL SHOALES LAKE

Lord , make me the person my dog thinks I am

Old April 1st, 2005, 07:04 PM
R. Santink

Bill,

I just spoke with rodwayrefrigeration folks (their 800 number doesn't
work for me either - they said I am too far east), and my jaw dropped
when I asked the price for the LS-700, which he said is their standard tank.

$6998.00 Canadian dollars. That includes the charcoal filter plates etc..

He will ship to the USA, although I didn't as what carrier he uses.

Not sure why he didn't respond to your e-mail, but I confirmed that the
e-mail is still in use.

Hope this helps..

RAS

Old April 2nd, 2005, 12:14 AM
Catfish

Thanks.
Price sounds about right. Finally found someone who had a number.
Had to call across the state for it though.
Turns out they are about 5K US.

I'll figure out something. The tank that hillbilly mentioned in another
post
would work fine if I could talk the bldg owner into it

Thanks for everything folks. Yell if I can do anything fo you

Old February 23rd, 2011, 06:37 PM
keviinpiter keviinpiter is offline
Junior Member

I just called roadway refrigeration people (their 800 number, not for me either - they said I was too far east), I was stunned, when I asked the price of the LS-700, he said that their standard tanks.