anybody home

Old August 13th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Rodney

Default anybody home

Ol Stinkbait wrote:

osb here in Dallas Tx. Has been HOT,but a coool front hit today that
will last for a few days, lakes are full,creeks are fat and fishin is
good. The shad are a little sporadic this year? Having to use the 12
foot net.---Lordy Rod,You been havin hell with those stones for years! I
feel for ya!!!

This is number 67, in the last 30 years

I have three more in the kidney, just hanging in there, until they get
big enough to hurt like hell when I pass them
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Old August 13th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Rodney

RGarri7470 wrote:

Still hanging in there in Georgia - not fishing much, too hot!
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Ronnie, I want to see a bigger picture of that big head carp

Old August 15th, 2004, 01:25 AM
RGarri7470

Ronnie, I want to see a bigger picture of that big head carp
--
Rodney Long,

I just posted three bigger pictures of it at
http://fishing.about.com/library/wee...brbbighead.htm
Any of them near you in Alabama yet?
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old August 15th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Rodney

RGarri7470 wrote:

Ronnie, I want to see a bigger picture of that big head carp
--
Rodney Long,

I just posted three bigger pictures of it at
http://fishing.about.com/library/wee...brbbighead.htm
Any of them near you in Alabama yet?

I've never seen one, are they an import ?

That's a weird fish with the low eyes

What do you use for bait,, large mouth bass ?

Old August 15th, 2004, 11:15 PM
RGarri7470

I've never seen one, are they an import ?

That's a weird fish with the low eyes

What do you use for bait,, large mouth bass ?

--
Rodney Long,

They were brought in from Asia as a food fish and got loose - they infest many
of the Mississippi tributaries now, including the Ohio, Tennessee and
Cumberland Rivers. They are algae feeders - they have big mouths and "gulp"
large amounts of water and filter out the microorganisms. I let a Fluke float
with the current and it went into this one's mouth - accidently I suspect, but
I set the hook anyway.

One bad habit they have is jumping straight up when scared, as in when a bass
boat or other boat goes zooming by. I have heard two people were killed when
they jumped and hit someone in the boat in the head.

I also have a picture of the new world record bighead shot by bow on my site.
Not sure how much it weighed - looks huge!
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old August 15th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Rodney

RGarri7470 wrote:

I also have a picture of the new world record bighead shot by bow on my site.
Not sure how much it weighed - looks huge!

That's the "one" I wanted to see the bigger photo of