Are there any american made tackle out there?

Old January 19th, 2004, 05:17 PM
MSNIJ123

Default Are there any american made tackle out there?

Does anyone know of REAL american made fishing tackle,where is it sold?
Or has it gone the way of american made camping equiptment?

Thanks in advance
Old January 19th, 2004, 05:29 PM
jack schmitt KQ4C

MSNIJ123 wrote:

Does anyone know of REAL american made fishing tackle,where is it sold?
Or has it gone the way of american made camping equiptment?

Thanks in advance

The last time I checked the Penn SS series spinning reels were still
being made in Philadelphia out near Temple University where I once
lived. They have gone to graphite bodies on the smaller versions of this
series of reels. I am not sure where the remainder of Penn's tackle is
being fabricated. Bass Pro and Cabelas carries this SS series as well as
some smaller mom and pop stores in our area.

Jack in Tn.
Old January 19th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Charles B. Summers

Sure, there are plenty...

All-Star Rods are in Houston, Texas
Triton Boats are here in Tennessee
St. Croix rods are in Wisconsin
Secret Weapon Spinnerbaits is in Missouri
Nitro/Tracker Boats are made in Missouri as well

These are just off the top of my head.
--
Charles Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

Old January 19th, 2004, 06:29 PM
AJH

My Allstar rods were made in China, not bad rods either..
Anyone know who made the last USA made bass sized baitcasting reel?

I fish therefore I lie

Old January 19th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Calif Bill

"AJH" wrote in message
My Allstar rods were made in China, not bad rods either..
Anyone know who made the last USA made bass sized baitcasting reel?

I fish therefore I lie

The Avet MX reel, should be a nice reel. Made in So. Calif. No mags
though.
Bill

Old January 19th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Charles B. Summers

Really??? They're not made in the USA??

That's kinda depressing to know as it was one of the reasons that I
perferred them. Just bought an IM10X worm rod last weekend.

Old January 19th, 2004, 08:28 PM
AJH

The Allstar rods I have are made in China, most are made in the
USA...Mine are Wally World specials, but I haven't broken and returned
them like someone we all know..

I fish therefore I lie

Old January 19th, 2004, 08:31 PM
AJH

Avet MX, no these were made by a much more popular company..

I fish therefore I lie

Old January 19th, 2004, 08:56 PM
WRH

I was curious, so I checked a couple of mine. One says made in the USA and
the other says Houston, TX/

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

Old January 19th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Charles B. Summers

Just checked mine too. The Classic WR1 says "Made in the USA", and the other
just says Houston TX.