Posts concerning "Begining" Fisherman

Old June 23rd, 2005, 05:07 AM
Jeff

Default Posts concerning "Begining" Fisherman

A LOT of the posts I see on here are from people who are new to fishing.
Many asking for websites or other instruction or help from the people in
this group. So, I have decided to set up either a Website or Yahoo Group
strictly for beginner fisherman.

Some of the areas I will cover will be:
*Locations and especially bank fishing
*Equipment
*Types of fishing best suited to the beginner
*Tackle
*Weather condition relationships
*Beginner stories (Yours)

Before I do this I would like some opinions and suggestions and if anyone
would be interested in writing a certain area (ex. someone who is an
equipment expert writing on equipment).

Let me know what you think.

Old June 23rd, 2005, 12:59 PM
David H. Lipman

From: "Jeff"

| A LOT of the posts I see on here are from people who are new to fishing.
| Many asking for websites or other instruction or help from the people in
| this group. So, I have decided to set up either a Website or Yahoo Group
| strictly for beginner fisherman.
|
| Some of the areas I will cover will be:
| *Locations and especially bank fishing
| *Equipment
| *Types of fishing best suited to the beginner
| *Tackle
| *Weather condition relationships
| *Beginner stories (Yours)
|
| Before I do this I would like some opinions and suggestions and if anyone
| would be interested in writing a certain area (ex. someone who is an
| equipment expert writing on equipment).
|
| Let me know what you think.

Break it down to...

Surf Fishing
Fly Fishing, Fly Surf Fishing
River
Lake
Boat
Boat offshore
Bay

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old June 23rd, 2005, 04:31 PM
Christian M. Mericle

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 04:07:00 GMT, "Jeff" wrote:

A LOT of the posts I see on here are from people who are new to fishing.
Many asking for websites or other instruction or help from the people in
this group. So, I have decided to set up either a Website or Yahoo Group
strictly for beginner fisherman.

Some of the areas I will cover will be:
*Locations and especially bank fishing
*Equipment
*Types of fishing best suited to the beginner
*Tackle
*Weather condition relationships
*Beginner stories (Yours)

Before I do this I would like some opinions and suggestions and if anyone
would be interested in writing a certain area (ex. someone who is an
equipment expert writing on equipment).

Let me know what you think.

As a (mostly) beginner fisherman, I would prefer a website, that I can
easily reference, to a Yahoo! Group. For a large part, I can't even
identify the fish that I am seeing so pictures of the fish (or, at
least, links to relevent websites) would be awesome. If I don't know
what I'm fishing for, I'm not going to know what to use. Also, it
would be nice to have some info on how to fish beyond just using a rod
and reel (e.g. jug lines, etc.). Finally, tips and tricks would be
good.

I like the idea. I'll keep watching.

-- Christian

Save Darfur -- http://www.savedarfur.org/
World Vision (Darfur) -- http://donate.wvus.org/OA_HTML/xxwvi...item=107218 2
ICC (Sudan) -- http://www.persecution.org/Countries/sudan.html
Old June 23rd, 2005, 06:43 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Jeff" wrote in message
A LOT of the posts I see on here are from people who are new to fishing.
Many asking for websites or other instruction or help from the people in
this group. So, I have decided to set up either a Website or Yahoo Group
strictly for beginner fisherman.

Some of the areas I will cover will be:
*Locations and especially bank fishing
*Equipment
*Types of fishing best suited to the beginner
*Tackle
*Weather condition relationships
*Beginner stories (Yours)

Before I do this I would like some opinions and suggestions and if anyone
would be interested in writing a certain area (ex. someone who is an
equipment expert writing on equipment).

Let me know what you think.

You know what I think? I think it's a great idea and I have just the outlet
for you. I own a website called OutdoorFrontiers.com and I'd love to have
you write articles covering the basics. We get a good amount of traffic and
this would be a great place to hone your writing skills and educate others
in the process.

There's no need to re-invent the wheel unless you REALLY want to.

Contact me via this address.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:30 PM
Jeff

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"Jeff" wrote in message
[...]

Hey great Website. But my vision is a little different. My plan is on
building a website "Strictly" for "Beginners". No negotiating through
anything except simple answers to basic beginner fishing. Not really trying
to reinvent the wheel, more like give an access point for someone who has
never or has hardly picked up a rod and reel before. Your site is without
question excellent and I intend to spend some time going through it and in
fact, if you add "Beginner fisherman" pages I would most happily write some
articles. I cannot speak for anyone else but I am sure there are some expert
fisherman here who would as well.

Note: I have been looking over your site and really enjoy Robert Longshore's
writing.

Old June 24th, 2005, 01:47 AM
Cyli

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:31:16 -0600, Christian M. Mericle
wrote:

(snipped)

I can't even
identify the fish that I am seeing so pictures of the fish (or, at
least, links to relevent websites) would be awesome. If I don't know
what I'm fishing for, I'm not going to know what to use. Also, it
would be nice to have some info on how to fish beyond just using a rod
and reel (e.g. jug lines, etc.). Finally, tips and tricks would be
good.

I like the idea. I'll keep watching.

What country / state are you living and fishing in? In the US some
lists of fishing regs have pages in them that show pictures of the
fish that are legal to catch. Others are shown on the Department of
Natural Resources pages under 'fishing'.

Where did you buy your fishing license? That's usually a place that
has information about regulations and the fish in the area covered by
the license.

Some of these places have print materials that you can pick up free or
at low cost and some have tips on how to fish for various fish.

Do you want to catch fish and then let them go, just for the fun of
fishing (if that's allowed by the regs where you are)? Some places
have a rule that you have to take the fish away once caught and use
it.) or do you want to catch fish to eat?

Do you know anyone at all who fishes? Have you gone to fishing spots
and watched fishermen and asked them questions?

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: lid (strip the .invalid to email)
Old June 24th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Jeff

Cyli wrote:

Almost entirely harmless.

Almost?

Old June 24th, 2005, 03:36 AM
Cyli

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 01:01:52 GMT, "Jeff" wrote:

Cyli wrote:

Almost entirely harmless.

Almost?

Almost certainly almost entirely harmless most of the time...

Old June 24th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Christian M. Mericle

wrote:

(snipped)

I can't even
identify the fish that I am seeing so pictures of the fish (or, at
least, links to relevent websites) would be awesome. If I don't know
what I'm fishing for, I'm not going to know what to use. Also, it
would be nice to have some info on how to fish beyond just using a rod
and reel (e.g. jug lines, etc.). Finally, tips and tricks would be
good.

I like the idea. I'll keep watching.

What country / state are you living and fishing in? In the US some
lists of fishing regs have pages in them that show pictures of the
fish that are legal to catch. Others are shown on the Department of
Natural Resources pages under 'fishing'.

I'm in New Mexico, USA. I think I've seen the kind of pamphlet you're
talking about but that was several years ago and I'm not sure where it
was.

Where did you buy your fishing license? That's usually a place that
has information about regulations and the fish in the area covered by
the license.

I bought it at a retail store. They only have the license and a list
of regs. No info that's worthwhile.

Some of these places have print materials that you can pick up free or
at low cost and some have tips on how to fish for various fish.

Do you want to catch fish and then let them go, just for the fun of
fishing (if that's allowed by the regs where you are)? Some places
have a rule that you have to take the fish away once caught and use
it.) or do you want to catch fish to eat?

Mostly to eat. I may do a little bit of catch and release but not
much.

Do you know anyone at all who fishes? Have you gone to fishing spots
and watched fishermen and asked them questions?

I know one guy. He might be able to give me an idea of what to fish
for and what to use.

Thanks!

Old June 24th, 2005, 11:25 PM
Christian M. Mericle

At the state's Game & Fish website I was able to identify the fish
here but I don't know what to use to catch them.

New Mexico warm waters have:
Largemouth bass,
Smallmouth bass,
Spotted bass,