One of the good guys. . .

Old July 27th, 2008, 02:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Default One of the good guys. . .

The ongoing saga of Stan Gula's health battles continues. He was working in
the yard and somehow ended up with a bad infection in his leg - bad enough
that it landed him in the hospital via the emergency room. It seems that the
IV antibiotics kicked in in time, but there were worries he might lose his
leg. He tells me if this happens he's going to get a hook for a leg so he's
ready for Talk Like a Pirate Day next year. I volunteered to poke him in the
eye to complete the transition. In typical Stan fashion, his main concern is
that he's probably going to miss the upcoming Jethro Tull concert.

Seriously, send thoughts, prayers, and good vibes his way. He can use 'em.
--
TL,
Tim

Old July 27th, 2008, 03:49 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Tim J. wrote:
The ongoing saga of Stan Gula's health battles continues.
snip
Seriously, send thoughts, prayers, and good vibes his way. He can use 'em.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that.

HEALING BEAMS and GOOD VIBES

from the deadhead in Urbana.

Get well, Stan !

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old July 27th, 2008, 04:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On Jul 26, 9:27*pm, "Tim J."
wrote:
The ongoing saga of Stan Gula's health battles continues. He was working in
the yard and somehow ended up with a bad infection in his leg - bad enough
that it landed him in the hospital via the emergency room. It seems that the
IV antibiotics kicked in in time, but there were worries he might lose his
leg. He tells me if this happens he's going to get a hook for a leg so he's
ready for Talk Like a Pirate Day next year. I volunteered to poke him in the
eye to complete the transition. In typical Stan fashion, his main concern is
that he's probably going to miss the upcoming Jethro Tull concert.

Seriously, send thoughts, prayers, and good vibes his way. He can use 'em..
--
TL,
Tim
-------------------------http://css.sbcma.com/timj

Jaysus, Stan. Enough is enough! Man, I really hope to start hearing
really encouraging news from your quarter soon...you ARE one of the
good guys, and you don't deserve this crap. I'm sending you all the
good juju I got; get better, dude.

Besides, the thought of you hobbling around on a hook (rather than a
peg leg) just seems too bizarre...

--riverman
Old July 27th, 2008, 01:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

Geez, Stan! I do wish you the best, and rapid healing from this latest
setback. By the way, avoid the hook/leg
thing, and go with the traditional peg-leg. Arrrgh!
Tom

Old July 27th, 2008, 01:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

Please, get well, Stan.

There is room for only one pirate on this forum and I is it.

Thinking of you.

Old July 27th, 2008, 02:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Church[_7_]

Dave LaCourse wrote:
Please, get well, Stan.

There is room for only one pirate on this forum and I is it.

Thinking of you.

Dave

Dangit Stan, enuf of this crap, in short order, first Ken and now you
(again) Best wishes coming to you from me and the cats, and I'll go for
the peg leg. But keep the faith man, you ain't gonna need no hook or peg
leg.

Frank Sr.
....who has the right idea...get a chronic low back pain and go in once a
week for a beautiful CMT to fondle my warm quivering body for an
hour....OMG!

Old July 27th, 2008, 06:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

Thinkin' of ya as well, Stan, in the greater LA* of North Carolina.

Get well soon--from all afflictions!

Op --* Lenoir Area

Old July 27th, 2008, 08:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article , Dave LaCourse
writes
Please, get well, Stan.

There is room for only one pirate on this forum and I is it.

Thinking of you.

Dave

We know - it's all that parrot **** on your shoulder. It's a dead
give-away!
--
Bill Grey

Old July 27th, 2008, 10:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 20:59:45 +0100, "W. D. Grey"
wrote:

We know - it's all that parrot **** on your shoulder. It's a dead
give-away!
--

Nahhh. That's roff ****, Bill, and I have lots and lots of it.

d;o)

Old July 27th, 2008, 11:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
george9219

On Jul 26, 9:27 pm, "Tim J."
wrote:
The ongoing saga of Stan Gula's health battles continues. He was working in
the yard and somehow ended up with a bad infection in his leg - bad enough
that it landed him in the hospital via the emergency room. It seems that the
IV antibiotics kicked in in time, but there were worries he might lose his
leg. He tells me if this happens he's going to get a hook for a leg so he's
ready for Talk Like a Pirate Day next year. I volunteered to poke him in the
eye to complete the transition. In typical Stan fashion, his main concern is
that he's probably going to miss the upcoming Jethro Tull concert.

Seriously, send thoughts, prayers, and good vibes his way. He can use 'em.
--
TL,
Tim
-------------------------http://css.sbcma.com/timj

Geez! Poor Stan can't seem to catch a break. Well my thoughts and
prayers are with him, for whatever help they may be.
Actually this episode is just one more example of how dangerous it is
to be doing yard work during fishing season.
Get well, Stan.