Ping Handyman Mike

Old August 7th, 2008, 03:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

Default Ping Handyman Mike

Thought I'd get in the front of the spam line here....

I'm not clear from our earlier conversation if you are in the Clinton
area and are available to get together to wet a line, or if you are
just expert at the region, and are going to share advice.

I'm back in Clinton from a short roadtrip, and looking to fish
tomorrow morning. I have a couple of options...some bass pond on the
Yale campus in New Haven, a small pond behind my brothers' house
here, or some stretch of the Indian that my sister-in-law knows
about.

If you are in the region, it would be fun (and preferable) to meet
somewhere. Otherwise, email me and I'll have to decide about going
out for a social fish with my worm-casting sister-in-law, or heading
to where you know is best.

--riverman
Old August 7th, 2008, 03:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On Aug 7, 10:28*am, riverman wrote:
Thought I'd get in the front of the spam line here....

I'm not clear from our earlier conversation if you are in the Clinton
area and are available to get together to wet a line, or if you are
just expert at the region, and are going to share advice.

I'm back in Clinton from a short roadtrip, and looking to fish
tomorrow morning. I have a couple of options...some bass pond on the
Yale campus in New Haven, *a small pond behind my brothers' house
here, *or some stretch of the Indian that my sister-in-law knows
about.

If you are in the region, it would be fun (and preferable) to meet
somewhere. *Otherwise, email me and I'll have to decide about going
out for a social fish with my worm-casting sister-in-law, or heading
to where you know is best.

--riverman

WhoaHOA! I just saw on an old post that you grew up in Bangor?!? Are
you my age (50)? Do we know each other? I grew up just outside of
Bangor...we shared the same stomping grounds!

Hmmm

--riverman
Old August 7th, 2008, 03:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"riverman" wrote in message
[...]

In case my old friend has gone to sleep.....he lives outside of Willimantic,
in eastern CT. He would have considered you one of the 'kids' in Bangor
growing up, as he is a few years older....still in the same time frame,
though.
Tom

Old August 7th, 2008, 04:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On Aug 7, 10:52*am, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
"riverman" wrote in message

[...]

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Tom- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, Tom. With that in mind, I'll just go bass popping with my S-I-
L and arrange to meet/fish with Mike another time. I pass through this
neck of the weeds often, and now that I know that he's from the same
part of Maine as I am, I look forward to swapping tales of old times.

--riverman
Old August 7th, 2008, 04:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"riverman" wrote in message
now that I know that he's from the same
part of Maine as I am, I look forward to swapping tales of old times.

--riverman

Two words: Penn's Clave.

A few more, Myron: Next May will be the 10th annual Penn's Clave(last week
of May, but always subject to change). It may, I hope, be one of the best
and largest gatherings of ROFF folk ever.

Tom
.....awaiting the predictable, tedious response from Connor and the assorted
anonymous sock puppets.....sigh

Old August 7th, 2008, 05:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On Aug 7, 11:51*am, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
"riverman" wrote in message

now that I know that he's from the same
part of Maine as I am, I look forward to swapping tales of old times.

--riverman

Two words: Penn's Clave.

A few more, Myron: *Next May will be the 10th annual Penn's Clave(last week
of May, but always subject to change). It may, I hope, be one of the best
and largest gatherings of ROFF folk ever.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Tom

Man, it would be nice to be there. But school ends in early-mid June
(usually around the 12th or so), so its always highly unlikely that I
could get the time or afford the tickets to fly HK-US twice within a
month so close to the end of school. But if there was one US clave
that I would love to attend...that would be it.

We gotta get more roffians to attend a Swedish Clave in the summer. Or
come to Mongolia to try their hand at some Taimen. I can get us a 10
day trip for about $1750 each....inclusive of everything except
flights from home to Ulaanbaatar.

:-)

--riverman
Old August 7th, 2008, 03:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike

Sorry I didn't get back to you Myron lost power and internet all the
good stuff last night...........Next time you are in the area would be
glad to get out on a river with you.......Yep I am from Bangor and
surrounding area........Going on a Moose hunt next month section 5
hoping to get in a little fishing also......