Brenig 2004

Old February 25th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Reg Sweetmore

Default Brenig 2004

Alec,
I would be delighted to share a tent with you and Dan if you decide to camp!
I am a hardened camper from the midlands, and have all the gear if you need
me to bring anything.
Looking forward to meeting you all again.
It's a good idea to travel on the Thursday and get in 2-Days fishing, please
count me in if you decide to do so.
Cheers,
Reg (Diamonds)
--
Every Day Is A Bonus!
Make The Most Of It!

http://www.sweetmore.fsnet.co.uk

"Alec Powell" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Dave Lane, gave forth these words of wisdom:
thanks again Adny,

Yes, thanks Adny :-)
Sounds great to me. I will take the option of camping this year I think,
(just to disprove the rumour that I'm a "southern softie" as some
people would suggest!) (No names - no pack drill:-) and it keeps me
away from Adny's snoring.
I know that Dan Porter will be joining us, albeit for some
walking/photography, rather than fishing, so we have at least 4
definites.
I believe there is a possibility of some of us travelling on the
Thursday so we could get two days fishing in.

Reg: want to share a tent?

Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec and Valerie Powell Watlington Oxon. UK

http://www.prole.demon.co.uk

Old February 29th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Andy Lawson

snip

Let me know what you think (via this group) to this as a possibility and I
would suggest that if it's a goer we need to get definite numbers and

should
try and book up very quickly.

So far, only three definite:

Myself
Alec Powell
Reg Sweetmore

Two possible:

Dave Lane - Current workload getting in the way of concentrating on this :-)
Derek Moody - Probably need to make his own arrangements nearer the time

No one else?

Regards,

Andy Lawson

Old February 29th, 2004, 07:43 PM
colinonline

Hi All , Camping at Cwellyn sounds great, should be able to make it but
element of uncertainty there due to wife's hols. starting that weekend. As
it looks like a UK holiday this year I may just swing it. Couldn't make it
last year as still busy doing up the house in West Wales, all finished now
so anticipating a more leisurely year. Thoroughly consumed with sewin fever
now, visions of day time trout and night time sewin extravaganza ( free of
family ties.....) in N. Wales extremely appealing. Brenig was never good to
me.......
Colin

Old March 1st, 2004, 04:02 PM
Reg Sweetmore

Come on lads, lets have some names and make it a good one!!

Tight Lines,

Reg

--

"Andy Lawson" wrote in message
snip

Let me know what you think (via this group) to this as a possibility and

would suggest that if it's a goer we need to get definite numbers and

should
try and book up very quickly.

So far, only three definite:

Myself
Alec Powell
Reg Sweetmore

Two possible:

Dave Lane - Current workload getting in the way of concentrating on this

:-)

Old March 2nd, 2004, 11:42 AM
Dave Lane

In message
"Andy Lawson" wrote:

snip

Let me know what you think (via this group) to this as a possibility and I
would suggest that if it's a goer we need to get definite numbers and

should
try and book up very quickly.

So far, only three definite:

Myself
Alec Powell
Reg Sweetmore

Two possible:

Dave Lane - Current workload getting in the way of concentrating on this :-)

yes - 'fraid so - am really mad busy on all fronts at the mo - but looking
forward to a couple of weeks' time when the new season opens -

sorry that I can't be playing a more active part in getting this together,
but will hope to make it on the day. The bonus of the camp site is that
latecomers shouldn't have any problem, and will look forward to seeing
you all there..

cheers,

Literacy Support Software from:
Xavier Educational Software Ltd
School of Psychology, University of Wales Bangor
http://xavier.bangor.ac.uk/

.... Dammit Bones, I'm a captain, not a doctor!
Old March 2nd, 2004, 08:05 PM
Andy Lawson

So..... We're going for the camping solution? It's been a loooong time since
I've done that!

How about the fishing venues? Choice of several options. Please check out
the web page:

http://www.hgt.gwynedd.gov.uk/sg/Prices.htm

We'll need to book permits and especially boats well in advance as they're
limited numbers, otherwise only shore fishing will be available.

Let me know your preferences.

--
Andy Lawson

Old March 2nd, 2004, 08:17 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , colinonline
writes
Hi All , Camping at Cwellyn sounds great, should be able to make it but
element of uncertainty there due to wife's hols. starting that weekend. As
it looks like a UK holiday this year I may just swing it. Couldn't make it
last year as still busy doing up the house in West Wales, all finished now
so anticipating a more leisurely year. Thoroughly consumed with sewin fever
now, visions of day time trout and night time sewin extravaganza ( free of
family ties.....) in N. Wales extremely appealing. Brenig was never good to
me.......

Some of you regulars already know that I have photos of the campsite up
and running on my web-site. For those that haven't seen it:

Check out the WALKS link, then the Expedition 12 - Nantlle Ridge pages.

http://www.graigroad.demon.co.uk
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old March 2nd, 2004, 08:24 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , Andy Lawson
writes
snip

Let me know what you think (via this group) to this as a possibility and I
would suggest that if it's a goer we need to get definite numbers and

should
try and book up very quickly.

So far, only three definite:

Myself
Alec Powell
Reg Sweetmore

Two possible:

Dave Lane - Current workload getting in the way of concentrating on this :-)
Derek Moody - Probably need to make his own arrangements nearer the time

No one else?

Regards,

Andy Lawson

As a matter of interest, for anyone not wishing to fishing Llyn Cwellyn,
is there any decent river fishing nearby - I'm thinking of the Afon
Glaslyn at Beddgelert. Any ideas or local knowledge Dave?
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old March 4th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Dave Lane

In message
"Andy Lawson" wrote:

As a matter of interest, for anyone not wishing to fishing Llyn Cwellyn,
is there any decent river fishing nearby - I'm thinking of the Afon
Glaslyn at Beddgelert. Any ideas or local knowledge Dave?
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

When I spoke to the Secretary of the fishing club, he indicated to me that
the river fishing was available as well on a day ticket. May have to confirm
again just to make sure.

http://www.hgt.gwynedd.gov.uk/sg/Rivers.htm

I wish you could make the trip Bill..... We'll miss you!

There are the rivers Seiont, Gwyrfai and Llyfni nearby. Noted
for sea trout, but there will also be salmon about at this time of year.
iirc, day ticket prices are very reasonable - I can't remember specifics
at the mo, but will get chance to look it all up sometime soon (I hope!)
Meanwhile, check out the site at:
http://www.hgt.gwynedd.gov.uk/sg/Default.htm

Regarding accomodation for those thinking of coming - why don't those
of you who are definites hire the farmhouse? I think that there are
two available from the pub. Those of us who aren't sure can make do
with the camping.... just a thought...

hth,

Literacy Support Software from:
Xavier Educational Software Ltd
School of Psychology, University of Wales Bangor
http://xavier.bangor.ac.uk/

.... Ancient Greeks made dolphin-killing punishable by death.
Old March 4th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Andy Lawson

Wasn't it Bill who replied:

I may be tempted to bring my tent along as long as I'm not the only one
:-)

Well.... Alec has said he'll be using a tent and has offered Reg a place.
Dave Lane told me today that he'll use a tent as well. Collin may be able to
make it and will also camp out. I'll be happy do the same, so you certainly
wouldn't be the only one.

We can all sit around the camp fire! :-)

Of course, the car must be close at hand - that's where all the grub
will be :-)

Ah..... well now, that all depends if your going the whole nine yards and
cooking as well! Me? I'll use the pub for breakfast and evening meal.

BTW, according to the club secretary, they've improved the access by
building a road/track right down to the lake.

All the best,

Andy Lawson