Fishing first time this weekend

Old July 27th, 2005, 04:35 AM
Cyli

On 25 Jul 2005 07:35:15 -0700, "arccos" wrote:

(snipped)

That's very likely it... thanks for the info! I was a bit surprised
that he didn't really wanna stop and have a chat, about his luck, too.
I just took it that he didn't want to be interupted, so I just went on
my way.

Very polite of you. Not very kindly and friendly of him, but he might
have had something in his cooler he didn't want you to see or ask to
borrow. Or just been a very private person. Or an all around jerk.

Remember that the weather affects fish, too. When it gets very hot,
especially in the middle of the day, a lot of fish drift into deeper
and colder water or just sit around and sulk and won't want to eat
anything for a while.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: lid (strip the .invalid to email)
Old July 27th, 2005, 04:49 AM
Jeff

"Cyli" wrote in message
On 25 Jul 2005 07:35:15 -0700, "arccos" wrote:

Very polite of you. Not very kindly and friendly of him, but he might
have had something in his cooler he didn't want you to see or ask to
borrow. Or just been a very private person. Or an all around jerk.

Fisherman vary in mood and disposition as much as anyone else because they
ARE ANYONE ELSE. Some people when fishing dont want to be bothered. Some
people (Like me) enjoy company, conversation and the building of friendships
that goes right along with fishing. However, there are times when I dont
want to be bothered, like when Im getting skunked and I have to concentrate
on what I am doing, then dont bother me. Just because someone doesnt want to
talk to a total stranger when they approach doesnt mean they are a jerk.
Tell you what POs me, when I get s spot, especially below the dam, and
within an hour I cant even cast because were fishing elbow to as_holes.

Old July 27th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Bill McKee

"Jeff" wrote in message
Actually I am thinking this is a joke. Why so many questions on CORN? Why
consider pasteurising corn for fishing? Kernels are the individual pieces
of
corn, niblets are small kernels. Whats so hard about that? Can you use
Corn
on the Cob? YES. Like I said, I think the guy is pulling everyones leg.

Green Giant Shoepeg corn is the bomb for Kokanee fishing. Will out fish an
undressed hook immensely. Hard to find the shoepeg variety. Is a narrow,
skinny kernal.

Old July 28th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Vittorix

XPOST: rec.outdoors.fishing; it.hobby.pescare

Jeff wrote:
Actually I am thinking this is a joke. Why so many questions on CORN?
Why consider pasteurising corn for fishing? Kernels are the
individual pieces of corn, niblets are small kernels. Whats so hard
about that? Can you use Corn on the Cob? YES. Like I said, I think
the guy is pulling everyones leg.

I asked the same question in the Italian newsgroup, I mentioned you use
the canned corn that they sell at the supermarket and the answer was
(I'm translating it):

ORIGINAL TEXT (Blaine):
"Ti faccio presente che ila pesca alla carpa in usa ha preso piede da
pochi
anni...
In europa da quasi 50 anni...
Non dare credito agli americani au questo...
Leggi tutto..ma pondera .
Il mais che la carpa conosce in natura è quello che arriva dai canali di
irrigazione dei campi verso i corsi d'acqua...e non è certo il
bonduelle!!!
Questo te lo dice un italiano... "

TRANSLATION:
"Carpfishing has been common in Usa since few years...
in Europe it is used since 50 years...
don't mind what americans say about that..
read all but ponder.
the corn knowed by the carp in the nature is that one arrives from
fields watering canals, not surely Bonduelle [Vittorix's note: I think
is Green Giant like brand name]!!!
it's an Italian telling this..."

and then this gut tells me a recipe about pasturizing that seem very
interesting.
http://groups.google.it/group/it.hob...059e37785d711f

--
ciao
Vittorix

Old August 4th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Bob La Londe

wrote in message
oups.com...

Good Luck!
zebco733

zebco733 ? Isn't that one of those big cat fish spincasters with no drag?

--
Bob La Londe

Win a Tackle Pack
Jig Fishing - Tips and Techniques Contest
Courtesy of Siebler Custom Baits
http://www.YumaBassMan.com