waders rant

Old March 28th, 2004, 03:05 AM
Bill Kiene

Default waders rant

There are tons of places to buy fly fishing equipment now so don't ever go
back to a retailer that you don't feel comfortable with.

A good fly shop could fit you better over the phone than it sounds like from
your report.

I am short, fat with short legs and small feet so I have to get custom
waders that are $50 more.

Also, I don't see any waders other than Simms that are worth buying in the
US. Patagonia is still in the R&D catch-up mode with Simms especially for
fit. We got tired of closing out thousands of dollars worth of redesigned
waders every year that did not fit people well.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA

Web site: www.kiene.com

"Willi" wrote in message

Steve Sullivan wrote:

I am so unbelievably depressed and angry at the same time. I feel so
incredibly screwed. I have to get this off my chest.

Print out this post or rewrite it and mail it to the owner. If he really
has treated you incredibly well in the past, he should do right by you.
If not **** him and never go there again.

Willi

Old March 28th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Steve Sullivan

Hi Bill, I took the waders to Fish First in Chico and they suggested I
contact the Colorado Better Business Bureu. Anyone think that would be
worth the effort?

In article ,
"Bill Kiene" wrote:

Wow,

I glad it ws not me.(just for the record)

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA

Web site: www.kiene.com

"Steve Sullivan" wrote in message
I am so unbelievably depressed and angry at the same time. I feel so
incredibly screwed. I have to get this off my chest.

I do most of my shopping at a local fly shop that will remain
annonymous. The owner is the NICEST guy, who has treated me *INCREDIBLY*
well (just want to make that clear).

He traded some quality waders for work I did for him (again, I praise
him for this). The waders were medium king sized (I am a big guy). The
associate was concerned that they were tight, and said he was worried
they might bust a seem in the stomach. The owner (this is very
important) said special sized waders would be $100 more and RECOMMENDED
that I get the medium kings, which is what I did. THE OWNER OF THE SHOP
RECOMMENDED THAT I GET THE WADERS. These were waders that he had in the
shop for some time that a customer ordered but never came in to buy.

About 3 months later I started to get leaks in them, and the material in
the bottom of the feet started wearing out. All the leaks were knee
level or bellow.

I called the manufacturer and they agreed that I could return the waders
to the store, and that instead of medium kings I needed specially made
waders. They told me to email them all the pertinent info, they would
make the waders and charge me $40.

They called the fly shop owner, who told them I insisted on getting the
waders even tho they told me not to. This was untrue. The associate most
definitely did say that the waders could tear at the stomach, but the
owner said that I should get them.

Thus, the manufacturer VOIDED my warranty, and if I want the specially
made waders I have to pay $270. The fly shop said they will try to
repair the leaks, but I am still without a WARRANTY plus without the
brand new specially sized waders for $40.

The owner IS a really nice guy, but I got screwed so incredibly hard.

Old March 28th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Sr.

Anyone think that would be
worth the effort?

Can we say principe??? By all means it'd be worth the effort!!!
Sr.

Old March 28th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Hooked

"Steve Sullivan" wrote in message
Hi Bill, I took the waders to Fish First in Chico and they suggested I
contact the Colorado Better Business Bureu. Anyone think that would be
worth the effort?

It will only be worth the effort if the company you will be filing a
complaint about has a standing membership in the BBB. Otherwise it is
useless. Unless of course that said company would someday wish to become a
member.

Not all companies are members of the BBB and filing against a non member is
just several pages of paperwork that will get filed in a lost cabinet.

Old March 28th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Steve Sullivan

Hi Bill, I tried to email you but the email bounced because it said you
were over quota. I have kept the names of the businesses secret to try
to be fair to them, but I have explained my situation to other flyshop's
as well as the internet (as well as showing the waders to fish first)
and they have all agreed I am getting screwed over. The waders are made
by ADG. The local fly shop is Sierra Stream and Mountain in Chico.
They also go by the name tie fast and sell quality accessories, such as
their knot tiers.

Is their a way to see if Sierra Stream and Mountain is a member of the
california BBB and if ADG is a member of the Colorado BBB? ADG, btw,
makes a really nice fly rod, the titan. I have one of these as well as
one of their reels. Obviously I am less than happy with their customer
service, but I suppose there is a small chance they will do right (a
very small chance). As far as the waders go, Fish first said they have
a couple of issues. First of all the feet are neoprene and they said
most waders have a more durable material. Also, their is a patch on the
knee that has come undone, they said that it is single stitched and a
quality wader would be double stitched.

Old March 28th, 2004, 06:56 PM
daytripper

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:56:29 GMT, Steve Sullivan wrote:

I am so unbelievably depressed and angry at the same time. I feel so
incredibly screwed. I have to get this off my chest.

[rant snipped]

There's your real problem right the no sense of perspective...

/daytripper (how many lifetimes do you think you get, anyway?)
Old March 28th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Bill Kiene

Steve,

Who is 'ADG' ?

Try my email again?

Old March 28th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Steve Sullivan

In article ,
"Bill Kiene" wrote:

Steve,

Who is 'ADG' ?

www.adgfish.com. It is David Ahn's company. I personally like the fly
rod I have from them, the adg titan.
Old March 29th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Hooked

"daytripper" wrote in message

/daytripper (how many lifetimes do you think you get, anyway?)

Since I'm already on my 59th, I would guess, 381.

:-)

Old March 29th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Mu Young Lee

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Bill Kiene wrote:
Wow,
I glad it ws not me.(just for the record)
Bill Kiene
Web site: www.kiene.com

For the record, Bill and his employees are about as knowledgable and
friendly a group of tackle peddlers that you will ever meet. Plus it's a
large store with a very extensive inventory.

Mu