Zoom speed worm question

Old July 6th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Suthern Transplant

Default Zoom speed worm question

Hi all,

Quick question:

I want to pop for some speed worms...looked for them online and came up w/ 2
types.

Which is best?

Or are both good?

1) Type w/ the rounded tail section?

2) Type w/ the "Nike" check logo type...found on BP website n elsewhere?
(Looks like somewhat of a "hook" type cutout on the tail section)

Appreciate the input.

Suthern

Old July 6th, 2004, 11:15 PM
alwaysfishking

Ok you want the nike cut, also known as the ultravibe. See other zoom speed
worm post below. I like the ultravibe better because it just buzzes on the
surface with a steady retrieve like a buzzbait. Awesome as a top water bait

Old July 7th, 2004, 01:37 AM
RichZ

Of course it takes 3 seconds with a razor blade (or with those kidproof
scissors you carry to cut superline) to make the old paddle tail into the
buzz tail. All you need is one slit. The paddle tail is more versatile
because you can fish it either way.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old July 7th, 2004, 02:55 AM
RGarri7470

I like the ultravibe better because it just buzzes on the
surface with a steady retrieve like a buzzbait. Awesome as a top water bait

Have you tried the Zoom Horny Toad? Has an intersting action on top.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old July 7th, 2004, 03:19 AM
alwaysfishking

The ultravibe seems to fall a bit slower than the paddle tail. IMO, even
when I cut the paddle tail (bought them by mistake). it seemed to fall a bit
faster. Either way once the tail is off either one they make an excellent
senko.

I saw the horny toad but haven't bought any yet. I have had some luck
using 4 inch black grape c-tail worms, but most of that luck has been
toothy, witha mixture of a few bass thrown in