This just sucks...

Old August 26th, 2005, 03:50 AM
Charles B. Summers

Default This just sucks...

Couldn't make it to the NWC, then planned an overnight trip to Lake Barkley
for Friday night with Justin Hires... but now I can't make that trip.

Now, I'm laid up here at the house with my pelvis broken in two places.
:-( Doc says I'll be off the water for at least a month, maybe two. Please
do me a favor and tell me how bad fishing is this time of year. Ok?

Hope everyone at the NWC has a great time... and Steve, keep us informed.

Old August 26th, 2005, 04:19 AM
Thundercat

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:50:16 -0500, "Charles B. Summers"
wrote:

Couldn't make it to the NWC, then planned an overnight trip to Lake Barkley
for Friday night with Justin Hires... but now I can't make that trip.

Now, I'm laid up here at the house with my pelvis broken in two places.
:-( Doc says I'll be off the water for at least a month, maybe two. Please
do me a favor and tell me how bad fishing is this time of year. Ok?

Hope everyone at the NWC has a great time... and Steve, keep us informed.

If nobody else is gonna ask, I will...
What the heck did you do to yourself son?!?!?

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.brooklynbillstackleshop.com
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Old August 26th, 2005, 04:44 AM
Charles B. Summers

Well, you may remember that I've taken up mountain bike riding. Got a new
bike on Tuesday and decided that I needed to take a trail ride. Great bike,
great trail. Well, I made it out of the woods and was going through my cool
down. That's when I noticed that they still had the lights on at the BMX
track. Been there and done that before, and it's alot of fun.

Well, new bike didn't like jumps too well but took the first one with ease.
The second one was a table-top type of jump where to get air, then come down
on the downhill side. Ok, this was where the trouble began. Handlebars must
have been loose in the neck and slipped, causeing me to almost castrate
myself! I hit the upper bar between my legs, bounced off of the bike, then
down the hill on my head. My helmet is toast, but my head is fine (I think).

X-Rays show two breaks... I show alot of pain!

Down but not out...
Charles

news

Old August 26th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Charles B. Summers

Trying to relive my youth... see the reply to Harry for the rest of the
story.

Needing to remember my age,
Charles

Old August 26th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Marty

Sorry about your mishap Charles. But you got the better of the two options,
broken pelvis vs. castration. When (if) you attain senior citizen status,
you will learn that cycling consists of pedaling a hybrid on hard surfaces,
maintaining contact at all times.

Old August 26th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Charles B. Summers" wrote in message
Couldn't make it to the NWC, then planned an overnight trip to Lake
Barkley
for Friday night with Justin Hires... but now I can't make that trip.

Now, I'm laid up here at the house with my pelvis broken in two places.
:-( Doc says I'll be off the water for at least a month, maybe two.
Please
do me a favor and tell me how bad fishing is this time of year. Ok?

Hope everyone at the NWC has a great time... and Steve, keep us informed.

Dang man, I'll bet you're wishing you'd have called in sick and came north,
huh? I'm sorry that the accident happened and heal quickly.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old August 26th, 2005, 12:07 PM
RichZ

Charles B. Summers wrote:
down the hill on my head. My helmet is toast, but my head is fine (I think).

There are those who would say that the fact that you attempted this at
all beyond the age of 35 or so would be proof enough that your head was
pretty well screwed up BEFORE your tumble.G

Seriously, I hope you heal up as quickly as possible and get back to
doin' what you love doin' (even the ill advised things) soon.

Old August 26th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Bass_Mr.

Dang Pro !
I hope you get well quick! I have been over the bars a few times too but
escaped w/ just bruises and scratches.If you need
ANYTHING
give me a call.I am close by.

Old August 26th, 2005, 12:33 PM
alwaysfishking

I can relate Charles, I didn't make it to the NWC either, :-) you should
take up a safe sport like fishing...remember that????? I never broke
anything except my spirit while fishing