Way OT How some Chinese people see the US

Old December 17th, 2003, 02:39 AM
Mu Young Lee

Default Way OT How some Chinese people see the US

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Willi wrote:

Not meant as a political statement and no editorial comments from me. I
just find it interesting how people in other places in the World view
the US and its actions.

Willi, check this out:

Old December 17th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Jonathan Cook

Willi wrote in message ...
I read posts on some bulletin boards discussing Chinese stocks from time
to time and many/most of the posters are Chinese citizens. There has
been quite a bit of talk since the capture of Sadam.

Below are some quotes from these folks:

Only the U.S can say which groups are terrorists and which group are not

And what's so great about this is that they are free to voice their
opinions about our country and its actions. I doubt they'd be so
candid about their own country (assuming they are living there).

Sadly, in a couple of years, most college students won't have any
idea what Tianemen means...

Jon.
Old December 17th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Mu Young Lee

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Jonathan Cook wrote:

Sadly, in a couple of years, most college students won't have any
idea what Tianemen means...

1000 year gate?

Mu
Old December 17th, 2003, 08:44 PM
Rob S.

Willi wrote in message ...
[snip]

Not meant as a political statement and no editorial comments from me. I
just find it interesting how people in other places in the World view
the US and its actions.

Willi

equally interesting is to listen to shortwave radio news broadcasts
from around the world. Radio Moscow, Radio China (or whatever they
call themselves) always
provide an interesting alternative view of major world events.

us news reports(major event) + other news reports(major event) +
a completely different perspective than by listening to either alone

-- Rob
Old December 19th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Willi

Rob S. wrote:

Willi wrote in message ...
[snip]

Not meant as a political statement and no editorial comments from me. I
just find it interesting how people in other places in the World view
the US and its actions.

Willi

equally interesting is to listen to shortwave radio news broadcasts
from around the world. Radio Moscow, Radio China (or whatever they
call themselves) always
provide an interesting alternative view of major world events.

Are some of these broadcasts in English?

Willi

Old December 19th, 2003, 11:45 PM
David Snedeker

"Willi" wrote in message

Are some of these broadcasts in English?

Just hearing the late night BBC is amazing, or even the CBC. It makes you
aware of how much self censorship our US media do. And if you hear about
something on FOX, then track down the same story in the international
sources, or do even a minimum of fact checking, you quickly learn that that
feed is 90% wingnut ideology and 10% news.

What have things come to when we let an old Australian Fascist like Murdock
(FOX etc), and a malignant Fascist like the Reverend Moon (Wash. Times, UPI
news service, Standard, etc.) and domestic Hitlerite worshipers like that
Coors Klan, as well as foreign corporations control our domestic media and
meddle in our elections?

Old December 20th, 2003, 01:33 AM
Wolfgang

"David Snedeker" wrote in message

"Willi" wrote in message

Are some of these broadcasts in English?

Just hearing the late night BBC is amazing, or even the CBC. It makes you
aware of how much self censorship our US media do. And if you hear about
something on FOX, then track down the same story in the international
sources, or do even a minimum of fact checking, you quickly learn that

that
feed is 90% wingnut ideology and 10% news.

What have things come to when we let an old Australian Fascist like

Murdock
(FOX etc), and a malignant Fascist like the Reverend Moon (Wash. Times,

UPI
news service, Standard, etc.) and domestic Hitlerite worshipers like that
Coors Klan, as well as foreign corporations control our domestic media and
meddle in our elections?

Oh, it ain't all that bad. As benighted as we obviously are (for so we have
been told, ainna?) we, at least here in ROFF, are truly blessed in that we
have at our disposal the one true source of true news and truth, free of
bias and subjectivity, and ever ready to pummel anyone who will sit still
long enough with the shining light of the true Gospel. And we don't even
have to ask.

Wolfgang
and don't think we don't appreciate it.

Old December 20th, 2003, 01:48 AM
Willi

Wolfgang wrote:

Oh, it ain't all that bad. As benighted as we obviously are (for so we have
been told, ainna?) we, at least here in ROFF, are truly blessed in that we
have at our disposal the one true source of true news and truth, free of
bias and subjectivity, and ever ready to pummel anyone who will sit still
long enough with the shining light of the true Gospel. And we don't even
have to ask.

Wolfgang
and don't think we don't appreciate it.

It's not seemly to describe yourself in such terms ya know.

Willi

Old December 20th, 2003, 01:55 AM
Wolfgang

"Willi" wrote in message

It's not seemly to describe yourself in such terms ya know.

Hm.......what, '58, maybe '59? That would be about.....um.....second grade,
I think. And what has this got to do with fishing?

Wolfgang

Old December 20th, 2003, 02:46 AM
Willi

Wolfgang wrote:

"Willi" wrote in message

It's not seemly to describe yourself in such terms ya know.

Hm.......what, '58, maybe '59? That would be about.....um.....second grade,
I think.

From the mouths of babes???

or if you prefer a more direct response - a pompous ass accusing someone
else of pomposity is pretty laughable.

And what has this got to do with fishing?

Nothing

Willi