Night fishing - SMB?????

Old September 21st, 2006, 04:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default Night fishing - SMB?????

"Jim Laumann" wrote in message
I have a question for those of you who fish SM....

Do they bite at night in the fall? Is dark or bright nights better if
they do?

I have been invited to go to Lake of the Woods in extreme N MN 10-6
thru 10-9. The moon is full on 10-6.

The target species is walleye, but we will be fishing the area of
Wheelers Pt, which includes the Rainy River. Got to figure there
are SM in that area too.

Any and all info will help. Any suggestions as to what I should
throw at them?

Thanks

Jim

From long shadows to fairly dark is usually good for local smallies in Yuma.
At about the time the light level hits "dark" rather than low light, but not
as dark as it gets the bite usually dies totally for me for both LMs and
SMs. I have heard a couple local tube anglers tell me the bite picks back
up again a couple hours later in the evening.

I have not fished for bass at night much. In the days when I did fish at
night I was more of a meat fisherman so I fished for crappie and catfish
with live threadfin shad or red shiners. Caught some big crappie that way.
Upto 4 pounds. Wish I had been into pictures back then.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River