Christmas pressies for a fisherman

Old November 3rd, 2004, 08:50 AM
Richard

Default Christmas pressies for a fisherman

"Derek.Moody" wrote in message
In article , Rachael Reynolds
wrote:
Any thoughts on what a fisherman would like for Christmas? Probably has
most things! Up to about £100?

Nearly every angler I know has plenty of tackle, clothing and bait. What
most lack is sufficient opportunity to use the stuff.

£100 would buy a weekend at a small hotel or longer in a b&b. Where would
he like to go fishing..?

(Pay a little more and you could get a combined ferry/b&b ticket for an
out-of-season trip to Ireland which most anglers would love.)

Cheerio,

--

Now they are cool ideas Derek.

Richard

Old November 3rd, 2004, 06:51 PM
UFO

Ireland is not fishing well
Go to France or Spain

Old November 3rd, 2004, 09:06 PM
Derek.Moody

In article , UFO
wrote:
Ireland is not fishing well
Go to France or Spain

As you wish - but it was fishing very well a couple of months back* and it'll
be ok again before the lucky recipient uses his fishing vouchers...

Cheerio,

*OK: We did meet a chap who was moaning that a change in the weather had put
the bream off and he'd only had 90lb that day instead of the 150+lb bags at
the start of his week.

Old November 3rd, 2004, 10:55 PM
Rachael Reynolds

"UFO" wrote in message
Ireland is not fishing well
Go to France or Spain

Any particular bits of Spain to be recommended? I think that might work.
Ta
Rachael

Old November 3rd, 2004, 11:31 PM
Richard

"Rachael Reynolds" wrote in message

"UFO" wrote in message
Ireland is not fishing well
Go to France or Spain

Any particular bits of Spain to be recommended? I think that might work.
Ta
Rachael

Well looking a bit more than £100 now. Don't know about Spain or what your
partner fancies (fishing) but if he is 'into' carp then I understand from
the results pals of mine have achieved that Le Quis in France is fishing its
socks off for those that are more astute than most ...... others can still
manage a blank. Site is www.lesquis.com not particularly my 'cup of tea' but
there you go.

Richard

Old November 4th, 2004, 12:16 AM
Rachael Reynolds

"UFO" wrote in message
Ireland is not fishing well
Go to France or Spain

Any particular bits of Spain to be recommended? I think that might work.
Ta
Rachael

Well looking a bit more than £100 now. Don't know about Spain or what your
partner fancies (fishing) but if he is 'into' carp then I understand from
the results pals of mine have achieved that Le Quis in France is fishing
its socks off for those that are more astute than most ...... others can
still manage a blank. Site is www.lesquis.com not particularly my 'cup of
tea' but there you go.

Richard

Crikey! They are enormous!
Many thanks!
Rachael

Old November 4th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Richard

"UFO" wrote in message
Ireland is not fishing well
Go to France or Spain

Any particular bits of Spain to be recommended? I think that might
work.
Ta
Rachael

Well looking a bit more than £100 now. Don't know about Spain or what
your partner fancies (fishing) but if he is 'into' carp then I understand
from the results pals of mine have achieved that Le Quis in France is
fishing its socks off for those that are more astute than most ......
others can still manage a blank. Site is www.lesquis.com not particularly
my 'cup of tea' but there you go.

Richard

Crikey! They are enormous!
Many thanks!
Rachael

Indeed, probably the most popular 'website' for carp fishing in France is
fishabil, found at the following link www.fishabil.com . Enter the site by
clicking fishabil, then go to the ''European Specimen Angling Centre'' link
and have a look around 'Famous Adverts' and you will see the 'catch' [excuse
the pun] ;o)

Stay well ...... Richard
'Remove pants to reply'

Old November 30th, 2004, 01:54 PM
caroline

"UFO" wrote
Ireland is not fishing well

Ireland is fishing perfectly well for those that can fish