To Derek M. re' line clip

Old March 31st, 2004, 02:22 AM
fredcromer

Default To Derek M. re' line clip

Blank..I know exactly what you mean re' not using the line clip in
conjunction with the BaitR..but as this will be my next reel for the
upcoming season, there will be times when i won't engage the B,Runner, and
will need a line clip..(or some other method..), for that cast, close to a
far bank, island etc. where the clip would have been ideal..But well done
because I recieved the reel for Christmas, and ever since I've been
thinking.."why the bloody hell is there no clip ?"..so you cleared that up
for me...nice one...An elastic band seems the best idea, by the way, I hate
bite alarms, and also set-liners layed asleep in their bivs, might as well
go trawling....Cheers Derek....FRED C

---

Old March 31st, 2004, 05:28 PM
Alex

"fredcromer" wrote in message

for that cast, close to a
far bank, island.

That's put and end to my idea of marking the line.
Oh well back to the drawing board.

Old March 31st, 2004, 07:56 PM
Derek.Moody

In article , fredcromer
wrote:

upcoming season, there will be times when i won't engage the B,Runner, and
will need a line clip..(or some other method..), for that cast, close to a
far bank, island etc. where the clip would have been ideal..But well done

If you are casting to, or near a visible landmark you won't need any clips
or bands until you are casting so far that your direction is unreliable in
any case.

For fishing the far bank the easiest and most accurate method is to walk
round there and fish directly beneath the rod-tip.

Cheerio,

Old March 31st, 2004, 08:05 PM
Derek.Moody

In article , Alex
wrote:

"fredcromer" wrote in message

for that cast, close to a
far bank, island.

That's put and end to my idea of marking the line.
Oh well back to the drawing board.

Not quite the same and a little off topic but it's quite helpful to mark a
fly-line when fishing for seatrout in the dark. The trick is to work out
(in daylight) a line you can wade by the feel of the bottom and then put a
blob of something you can feel on the line so that you can confidently cast
close to far-bank features on the black nights when they feed best.

So you were on the right lines.

Cheerio,

Old March 31st, 2004, 11:40 PM
Baal

LMFAO!

Derek, I am sure there was absolutely no satire in that last post but must
prophecy.

So many anglers forget what is under that far bank is also under their own.
Or may well have been before they arrived and started stomping, cooking,
bivvying, phoning the wife etc...............

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal

http://www.helden.co.uk

Old April 1st, 2004, 12:51 AM
fredcromer

Mr perfect, If I flick a float out to an inaccessible bank, 10-15 yards
away, and happen to land it on the money,. why would I not need to clip the
line..I'm still waiting for a double, so the 2-4lb'ers won't always need
unclipping anyway..I know that you'd might fish in the particular place your
bait's dropping, bu I like to sit in the sun, away from the wind and enjoy
my recreational sport, (is that not what the rec. stands for?), and if a
cast is needed, then so be it, too sceptical man!!.FRED C

Old April 1st, 2004, 09:44 AM
Dominic Lloyd

and too bloody pious. if the guy wants to fish the far bank, so be it. his
choice. if he wants to phone his wife, his choice. if he wants to read when
fishing, his choice. if someone else wants to lie in a bivvy waiting for the
alarm to go, his choice.

i'd, personally, rather eat worms than fish a match - 4 hours trying to
winkle a three inch fish out of a near-frozen canal isn't for me, but have
you seen what those lads can do with groundbait, fine hooklengths etc. it's
their choice, and we can all learn from what they do. this pointless
slagging of people who don't fish the same way you do is becoming an
over-worn motif of this group. just doesn't happen in the sea group.

Old April 1st, 2004, 11:03 AM
Derek.Moody

In article , fredcromer
wrote:
Mr perfect, If I flick a float out to an inaccessible bank, 10-15 yards
away, and happen to land it on the money,. why would I not need to clip the
line..I'm still waiting for a double, so the 2-4lb'ers won't always need
unclipping anyway..I know that you'd might fish in the particular place your

I must be missing something here. Why on earth constrain the line when
fishing three rodlengths away? You should be able to drop onto a dustbin
lid with an underarm lob at that range.

bait's dropping, bu I like to sit in the sun, away from the wind and enjoy
my recreational sport, (is that not what the rec. stands for?), and if a
cast is needed, then so be it, too sceptical man!!.FRED C

Each to his own. In sunny conditions I'd prefer to walk the bank casting
into each fish-holding spot and save the sit down stuff for the winter
trotting season.

Cheerio,

Old April 1st, 2004, 11:10 AM
Derek.Moody

In article , Dominic Lloyd
. uk wrote:
and too bloody pious. if the guy wants to fish the far bank, so be it. his

OK. Easier to walk round though. Polite too, if others are on the water.

choice. if he wants to phone his wife, his choice. if he wants to read when
fishing, his choice. if someone else wants to lie in a bivvy waiting for the
alarm to go, his choice.

If he's reading he isn't fishing and so should remove his tackle from the water.
Likewise if he is skulking in a bivvy and requires an alarm to notify him of
a bite he is camping, not fishing.

their choice, and we can all learn from what they do. this pointless
slagging of people who don't fish the same way you do is becoming an
over-worn motif of this group. just doesn't happen in the sea group.

Probably because such inattention is a sure way to lose rods to the sea.

Cheerio,

Old April 1st, 2004, 05:42 PM
Alex

"Dominic Lloyd" wrote in message
if the guy wants to fish the far bank, so be it.

quite right! but as Derek said "Walk round and fish it", instead of
shouting across the lake from 100 yds "You are fishing in my swim"

choice. if he wants to phone his wife, his choice. if he wants to read

when
fishing, his choice. if someone else wants to lie in a bivvy waiting for

the
alarm to go, his choice.

What about the guy next to you who just want a bit of peice and quite?

this pointless
slagging of people who don't fish the same way you do is becoming an
over-worn motif of this group.

If it makes just one modern day Carp fisherman see the error of his ways,
then it is far from pointless.