Built in gravel guards.

Old December 8th, 2004, 04:17 PM

Default Built in gravel guards.

I just bought a pair of Cabelas Dry Plus waders. I returned them after
trying them on. I didn't like the built in gravel guards. The elastic
was so tight is made them hard to put on. Are all built in gravel
guards like that? Does everyone prefer built in gravel guards? I'm
thinking about ordering a pair of Simms Freestones instead and using
detachable gravel guards.

Old December 8th, 2004, 04:39 PM

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
wrote:
I just bought a pair of Cabelas Dry Plus waders. I returned them

after
trying them on. I didn't like the built in gravel guards. The

elastic
was so tight is made them hard to put on. Are all built in gravel
guards like that? Does everyone prefer built in gravel guards? ...

I use these

http://www.ezflyfish.com/simguarsoc.html

and like them a lot. Like Uncle Wally says, they're ideal for
wet wading.

They look good for wet wading but do they work with waders?

Old December 8th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Tim J.

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
wrote:
I just bought a pair of Cabelas Dry Plus waders. I returned them
after trying them on. I didn't like the built in gravel guards. The
elastic was so tight is made them hard to put on. Are all built in
gravel guards like that? Does everyone prefer built in gravel
guards? ...

I use these

http://www.ezflyfish.com/simguarsoc.html

and like them a lot. Like Uncle Wally says, they're ideal for
wet wading.

I like those for wet wading, but didn't like them over my wader
booties - too much neoprene. I prefer the Simms Gravel Wrap:
http://ezflyfish.com/simgravwrap.html . I tried some cheaper wraps and
some pull-over wraps and didn't like either. The Simms are a few inches
wider than the others I've seen, and that makes a difference to me.
--
TL,
Tim

Old December 8th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Tom Nakashima

"Tim J." wrote in message

I like those for wet wading, but didn't like them over my wader
booties - too much neoprene. I prefer the Simms Gravel Wrap:
http://ezflyfish.com/simgravwrap.html . I tried some cheaper wraps and
some pull-over wraps and didn't like either. The Simms are a few inches
wider than the others I've seen, and that makes a difference to me.
--
TL,
Tim
------------------------
http://css.sbcma.com/timj

I'll second the Simms Gravel Wrap, also easy to get on and off.
-tom

Old December 8th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Ken Fortenberry

wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
I use these

http://www.ezflyfish.com/simguarsoc.html

and like them a lot. Like Uncle Wally says, they're ideal for
wet wading.

They look good for wet wading but do they work with waders?

They work fine with my waders, but my waders are lightweight
nylon.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old December 8th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Larry L

wrote

They look good for wet wading but do they work with waders?

I have a similar pair, different brand, bought back in Seal-Dri days. No,
they do NOT work well with neoprene footed waders. Yes, they are great for
wet wading.

Old December 8th, 2004, 05:13 PM

Tim J. wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
wrote:
[...]

They look a lot easier to put on then my zippered ones.