A thought on Obama's Nobel....

Old October 12th, 2009, 03:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default A thought on Obama's Nobel....

One thing that I've not heard mentioned yet...

Obama has stated that he'll give the $1.4 mil that comes with the Prize to
"charity" (I've not heard any specifics). Sounds all well and good, but why
doesn't he give it to the US Treasury to help defray the costs of his going to
Oslo to pick it up...? I mean, if he is accepting it on behalf of "the American
people," isn't the money theirs, too, especially since they are footing the bill
for collection costs...?

Ah, well, maybe he can meet with McChrystal again about troop strength and write
the whole thing off as a business expense...

....or, since I'm sure Algore will be going, he can hitch a ride on his
Gulfstream and help save the planet...sort of a Nobel Peace Prize jetpool kinda
thing...and if Kofi Annan is going, they can take him, too, and he can supply
the fuel cut-rate...

Old October 12th, 2009, 06:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Oct 12, 7:45*am, Ken Fortenberry
One thing that I've not heard mentioned yet...
still more wingnut whining snipped

I know it must be terribly difficult for you but do try
to control your inner 13-year-old brat.

The guy didn't ask for the prize, he immediately issued
a statement saying he didn't deserve to be in the company
of past winners and that he was accepting the prize not
as an award for his accomplishments but as a call for
action.

Obama is a dignified, class act all the way around while
the jeers and whining from the wingnuts is anything but.

Grow up.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Ken, give the boy a break. After all, 8 solid years of gobbling Shrubs
hind tit, gulping hard on the greasy turds of Neocon hate-America
policies, looking the other way while Whitehouse insiders indulged in
all-nitre stay-overs with male prostitutes as documented by the Secret
Service, using his best twisted Yalie logic to explain why "water
torture" is not really "torture," etc., etc., etc.. About the only
genuine expression Richard has not been hiding toward the Bushian
disaster is his apparent masturbatory fascination with the word-stool
and attitudes of Dick Cheney. (Note that both Dean and Cheney share
first names. No coincidence here.)

The man has had a hard decade of hypocrisy and double talk to get
thru. Along comes Obama, a Black man, like a janitor sweeping up all
the crappola, barf and drunken policies of the Frat-Boy presidency. It
is perfectly understandable that Richard would respond with abuse, as
opposed to patriotism. The boy can't help it.

Dave
We understand
Old October 12th, 2009, 08:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:44:17 -0700 (PDT), DaveS wrote:

[...]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

And heeheehee,too,
Old October 12th, 2009, 08:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:45:10 -0500, Ken Fortenberry

One thing that I've not heard mentioned yet...
still more wingnut whining snipped

I know it must be terribly difficult for you but do try
to control your inner 13-year-old brat.

The guy didn't ask for the prize, he immediately issued
a statement saying he didn't deserve to be in the company
of past winners and that he was accepting the prize not
as an award for his accomplishments but as a call for
action.

Obama is a dignified, class act all the way around while
the jeers and whining from the wingnuts is anything but.

Grow up.

If it is an award he doesn't deserve, and he is accepting on behalf of the
"American people," what's so "abusive," "wingnut," or even "wrong" with
suggesting that the money accompanying the prize be used to defray the cost of
him going and getting the something that he himself says really belongs to his
employers?

IAC, a "class act all the way around" - assuming you mean to say what I think
you do - doesn't accept awards that they know they don't deserve...and a
"dignified" person doesn't become a Illinois Senator...it doesn't make him a bad
guy, but "dignified" and "has(is) class(y)" are not terms that I'd use to
describe Obama...and the use of "class" in this case sounds like something one
without any would use to describe someone or something that has none - picture
Donald Trump describing, well, himself...or a gold toilet in one of his
buildings...

HTH,
Old October 12th, 2009, 08:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Oct 12, 12:09*pm, wrote:
[...]

R- Hide quoted text -

Side note: Noticed you used the Tory "BWAHAH. . . ." form. Very good.
As I understand it this was first used in Tory street literature in
the New York area in about 1775, and then later when those right-
wingers fled in exile to Nova Scotia. Loyalist humorists on Cornwallis
staff favored the "Bwwharumph!" form, later adopted by pre-War
Fascists for use in their subversive "why we hate America" (and love
funny salutes) campaign. Hear tell it in under consideration for use
by the RNC for the 2012 cycle. As usual you are nothing if not ahead
of the curve.

Dave
Are you guys going back to brownshirts and jackboots too?
Old October 12th, 2009, 09:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
wrote:
One thing that I've not heard mentioned yet...
still more wingnut whining snipped

I know it must be terribly difficult for you but do try
to control your inner 13-year-old brat.

The guy didn't ask for the prize, he immediately issued
a statement saying he didn't deserve to be in the company
of past winners and that he was accepting the prize not
as an award for his accomplishments but as a call for
action.

Obama is a dignified, class act all the way around while
the jeers and whining from the wingnuts is anything but.

Grow up.

If it is an award he doesn't deserve, ...

Who said it was an award he doesn't deserve ?

Hint: There is a difference between not deserving to be in
the company of, and not deserving.

You sound like those folks who say ballplayers make too much
money. Fact is, if somebody is willing to pay you $2 mil a
year, you're worth $2 mil a year. And if the Norwegian Nobel
Committee is willing to award you a Peace Prize, you deserve
a Peace Prize.

"what's so "abusive," "wingnut," or even "wrong" with
suggesting that the money accompanying the prize be used to defray the cost of
him going and getting the something that he himself says really belongs to his
employers?

Suggest whatever silly wingnut thing you want to suggest.
I suggest he donate the whole $1.4 mil to ACORN.

--
Ken Fortenberry