Grand Ma's Fishing Equipment for Sale

Old May 14th, 2008, 10:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
AKSkim[_53_]

Default Grand Ma's Fishing Equipment for Sale

::Selling Grand Ma’s Fishing Collection::

::This is a tough time for me, I have #3 daughter starting school at
?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = \"urn:schemas-microsoft-com[image:
http://www.njflyfishing.com/vBulletin/ /st1:PlaceName
w:st=]Penn/st1:PlaceName st1:PlaceType
w:st=\"on\"State/st1:PlaceType in a matter of weeks, I am confined
to my chair with wheels for most of the day, the price for a 12 pack of
Bud has gone up and all this is coming on me all of a sudden. ::

::So I am reaching out to the good, kind hearted member’s of this board
and all TU member’s for assistance. ::

::I was hoping to join my good friend rford on his fishing trip to the
Mighty D, but I am confined to my chair with wheels and unable to
attend. I needed to go so I would have a chance to win the lama race
and the jackpot of $17.28 would easy some of the financial burden I am
currently under. But that is not to be, someone and I won’t mention
Future Fanatic’s selfish motives for not providing some of his lama’s
for the event. ::

::So now I am forced to sell my Grand Ma’s collection of fishing
equipment. This would break her heart if she ever found out, but since
she was swept over board on the scallop schooner five years ago, no one
has heard from her since. ::

::I don’t know if I should put the items up for sale on Craig’s List or
eBay. I am hoping someone can tell me the value of the items; after all
it will be going to a good cause for Bud and alike. ::

::I would rather sell them to my good friends here at NEFF. That way
every now and then I would be able to come over your house (at dinner
time) and look at them.. a remembrance you might say.::

::I have her bamboo smelt pole that she got at K-Mart back in the 80’s,
I see where a nice bamboo one goes for $1,500 to $2,500, I would be
willing to part with it for say… $3,000.00. ::

::She also has a cigar box full of plastic worm thingies… I’ll take
$75.00 for the lot. These funds will be going to ST1st1:PlaceName
w:st=\"on\"Penn/st1:PlaceName st1:PlaceType w:st=\"on\"State.
/st1:PlaceType::
::st1:PlaceType w:st=\"on\"/st1:PlaceType::
::st1:PlaceType w:st=\"on\"/st1:PlaceType::::I don’t know what to
ask for her hip waders, size 14, so any reasonable offer would be
considered. ::

::I also have her drop line, she treasured this drop line, no one could
pull in a cod from 500 foot depth like her. I know most of you are
really into C&R, but I know you’d understand and be generous and cough
up some big dough for it. I would even help out by washing it with
Windex to get some of the fish odor off it. ::

::One item I really hate to part with, but tuition is calling… Grand
Ma’s Ronco’s original Pocket Fisherman and pocket fly fisherman rod and
reel. Now the pocket fisherman was strictly for catch and eat, the
pocket fly fisherman was used a buggy whip, so it is in great shape. I
know some of you will like it and it will become fond of you. After all
it is use to a horses ass. ::

::Lastly and this one is going to hurt selling. My Grand Ma back in the
day caught a three and a half foot Marlin in Ken Lockwood Gorge and we
had it mounted. She was so proud of it that she had it displayed over
her stove in the kitchen. I have to be forthright and tell you there
are a number of burn marks and some smoke damage, but it was a marlin
caught in KLG.. that adds a considerable value to it, and the family
will be in tears when I tell them I had to sell it. ::

::So please, help me out and open you wallets and hearts for these
items. ::

::As always, you best friend::

::AK Skim::
::In dire need of your help::

--
AKSkim

*.... Red Sox Nation *and the rest of MLB
#1 in posts scrubbed, -161 and still counting.-
-AK Skim NEFF leader in Off Topic Banter-
*Winner of the NEFF 2007 Most Prestigious Award*
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

AKSkim wrote in
:

::Selling Grand Ma's Fishing Collection::

Is that you, Mike C??

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On 15 May 2008 00:26:46 GMT, Scott Seidman
wrote:

AKSkim wrote in
:

::Selling Grand Ma's Fishing Collection::

Is that you, Mike C??

Heck, I was wondering why ol' Fred wouldn't lend his brother (or sister)
some scratch...

That said, I don't think I'll help,

#1 in posts scrubbed, -161 and still counting.-
-AK Skim NEFF leader in Off Topic Banter-
*Winner of the NEFF 2007 Most Prestigious Award*
Newsgroups
=----