Most Humane Way to Clean Fish

Old November 18th, 2005, 03:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Most Humane Way to Clean Fish

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message

Ah, yes. I can see it now. Mama Trout watching her eggs turn into
iddy biddy fishes and she says to Dada Trout. "Oh, look. She has
your ears and my eyes and nose. We'll name her Henrietta after you
and me."

Tobiko!
http://www.origamirestaurant.com/sus...ned_tobiko.jpg
guys are making me hungry now.
-tom

Old November 18th, 2005, 03:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

barry wrote ...
Daniel-San wrote:
barry wrote...

All I know about fly fishing is that you need little hairy things
called flies. I didn't have catch and release fisherman or wading in
mind.

Hairy things? WTF? What's wrong with being a little more hairy than the
next
guy? Jeez. Now I'm gonna be used to catch a fish....

Berry, you're a nutjob....And, while I'm a layman, I'd really suggest
that
you get some therapy.

What are you talking about? I think I've seen "flies" sold for fishing,
and I thought they were hairy. Yeah, like these:
http://www.sea-ex.com/simkan/gallery.htm

Boysen,

That's called sarcasm. Admittedly a rather weak version thereof, but sarcasm
nonetheless.

As far as trolls go, I have to give you some credit. Even the legendary
Vandetroll on RB usually only replies once or twice to his diatribes. Then
he calls everyone a liar and loses interest. You, OTOH, have some staying
power. You've replied to almost everyone. Impressive.

You either feign ignorance in order to promulgate this 'ice is nicer' line,
or you truly are ignorant. Either way, you're a nutjob. Go find a PETA
meeting and talk about fish families. Someone there will surely give you a
shoulder to cry on. Maybe more. Just be careful -- given the author of your
OP, you never know what you'll find.

Dan
"I know all I need to know about the Crying Game.... "

Old November 18th, 2005, 04:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
...I won't worry about plants until I hear that they might
suffer.

I can hear broccoli scream when I drop it in boiling water. This is why I
always put it in ice cold water and then heat it very slowly over a low
flame. It takes an hour or so for it to come to a boil. The broccoli
never knows what hits it.

Baby lima beans cry when I eat their parents.

Wolfgang

I tried to hard boil an egg in the microwave. When it blew, grown chickens
were weeping....

john

Old November 18th, 2005, 04:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

asadi wrote:

I tried to hard boil an egg in the microwave. When it blew, grown chickens
were weeping....

Babykiller!

Chuck Vance
Old November 18th, 2005, 06:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Well Tom, seems like you're just trying to stir the controversy pot.
There are some that enjoy tobiko and others, namely most of the catch
and release fishermen here in this group that thinks tobiko is
unethical and would rather just head out in the stream and go fish.
Its a Roe V. Wade kinda thing.

Frank Reid
(who's been waiting years for this opportunity)

Old November 18th, 2005, 06:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well Tom, seems like you're just trying to stir the controversy pot.
There are some that enjoy tobiko and others, namely most of the catch
and release fishermen here in this group that thinks tobiko is
unethical and would rather just head out in the stream and go fish.
Its a Roe V. Wade kinda thing.

Frank Reid
(who's been waiting years for this opportunity)

Frank, I'm sending Senator D. Feinstein (D) to awake you in your deepest
sleep to discuss this matter on Roe vs. Wade. Make sure you have a good
fresh catch on hand, cause she loves raw fish.

btw, the spell check for tobiko is tobacco.
-tom

Old November 18th, 2005, 08:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Frank Reid wrote:

Its a Roe V. Wade kinda thing.

What does evacuating New Orleans have to do with this?

Old November 18th, 2005, 09:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"Wayne Knight" wrote in message
ups.com...

Frank Reid wrote:

Its a Roe V. Wade kinda thing.

What does evacuating New Orleans have to do with this?

It was Miss V. Roe who had to wade out to the rescue team when her house was
flooded in New Orleans.
-tom

Old November 18th, 2005, 10:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

I must thank you all for making my argument that the industry can't
effectively self-regulate or even be trusted to provide guidelines for
the least painful method of handling fish. I'll be using this in the
future.

Old November 18th, 2005, 11:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 07:01:08 -0800, "Tom Nakashima"
wrote:

Tobiko!
http://www.origamirestaurant.com/sus...ned_tobiko.jpg
guys are making me hungry now.

While stationed 15 miles west of Yokohama in the 50s, I ate sushi
before it became a popular U.S. dish, and yes, that included the eggs.
But my favorite Japanese food was pizza from the Marko Polo Restaurant
in Chinatown, Yokohama, with its "mystery" meat on top. It was
supposed to be pepperoni, but it only *resembled* pepperoni. It was
the only pizza joint in Yokohama.