Current Wx for Coburn

Old May 12th, 2008, 04:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Default Current Wx for Coburn

From National Wx Service, State College, Pa:
NOW...
A SOAKING RAIN WILL BE ACROSS MUCH OF CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA THROUGH
LATE MORNING. WET SNOW WILL MIX WITH THE RAIN AT TIME... MAINLY ACROSS
THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS. A LIGHT COATING OF SNOW WILL BE POSSIBLE ON
GRASSY SURFACES. THE PRECIPITATION WILL TAPER OFF TO PATCHY RAIN BY
EARLY AFTERNOON. SOME OF THE RAIN WILL BE ON THE HEAVY SIDE. THE AREA
OF PRECIPITATION IS MOVING NORTHWEST AT 15 MPH.

Hmmm, snow in the mountains surrounding Penns Creek in May. Awe, that
can never happpen, right?

By the way, long term models show a complete wash out on Friday the
23rd.
Frank Reid
Old May 13th, 2008, 01:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike

What I saw was showers 30% chance from wendesday til monday 60%
tuesday and wendesday......Be easier to powerwash the
trailer............resealing the roof might not be so
easy ...........putting in the last piece of flooring can be done
though...................as long as it's not torenchale (sp) rainfall
we will be fine.........If penns gets blown out there are plenty of
smaller streams to fish......... white deer creek where the Finn
killed them last month with a muddler minnow 40 to 60 fish from 1" on
up............ spring creek, young womens creek left and right branch,
little pine creek, which we have fished in the snow..............But I
know we all go there to fish the HATCH on penns so time to pray to the
no rain gods..........
Old May 13th, 2008, 05:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
From National Wx Service, State College, Pa:
NOW...
A SOAKING RAIN WILL BE ACROSS MUCH OF CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA THROUGH
LATE MORNING. WET SNOW WILL MIX WITH THE RAIN AT TIME... MAINLY ACROSS
THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS. A LIGHT COATING OF SNOW WILL BE POSSIBLE ON
GRASSY SURFACES. THE PRECIPITATION WILL TAPER OFF TO PATCHY RAIN BY
EARLY AFTERNOON. SOME OF THE RAIN WILL BE ON THE HEAVY SIDE. THE AREA
OF PRECIPITATION IS MOVING NORTHWEST AT 15 MPH.

Hmmm, snow in the mountains surrounding Penns Creek in May. Awe, that
can never happpen, right?

By the way, long term models show a complete wash out on Friday the
23rd.
Frank Reid

does that mean I should pack rain gear on my bike?...or skis?

john

Old May 14th, 2008, 12:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike Makela

"asadi" wrote in message
news

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
From National Wx Service, State College, Pa:
NOW...
A SOAKING RAIN WILL BE ACROSS MUCH OF CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA THROUGH
LATE MORNING. WET SNOW WILL MIX WITH THE RAIN AT TIME... MAINLY ACROSS
THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS. A LIGHT COATING OF SNOW WILL BE POSSIBLE ON
GRASSY SURFACES. THE PRECIPITATION WILL TAPER OFF TO PATCHY RAIN BY
EARLY AFTERNOON. SOME OF THE RAIN WILL BE ON THE HEAVY SIDE. THE AREA
OF PRECIPITATION IS MOVING NORTHWEST AT 15 MPH.

Hmmm, snow in the mountains surrounding Penns Creek in May. Awe, that
can never happpen, right?

By the way, long term models show a complete wash out on Friday the
23rd.
Frank Reid

does that mean I should pack rain gear on my bike?...or skis?

john

John!! Ya coming out to the clave yet again!

I would say rain gear is always a must, you're only guaranteed to have great
weather if you bring it.

Mike

Old May 14th, 2008, 12:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike Makela

"Mike" wrote in message
What I saw was showers 30% chance from wendesday til monday 60%
tuesday and wendesday......

Just checked out the last forecast and it's getting better a light rain is
just fine. Too much sun ruins the mid-day fishing. just checked the water
levels. The creek is still high for sure and a spike well over 1000 cfs
the past 24 hours. It needs to be below 800 for easier fishing but as long
as it's clear there's always somewhere to fish.

Just made the call, coming up with the boys on Thursday if we can find a
place to stay. Bruce is avoiding the question and Rudi's not answering
e-mail/phone yet. May hit priceline for that place on 322 just below Poe
Lake/Run. They should be good for the boys even if Penn's is high. Could
also do Lewisburg up the highway from White Deer. Will stay until Sunday
morning at the latest, come back for a Phillies game at 1:35, and head back
up myself late Sunday or very early Monday. Will be there until Sunday or
so from there on.

Be easier to powerwash the
trailer............resealing the roof might not be so
easy ...........putting in the last piece of flooring can be done
though...................as long as it's not torenchale (sp) rainfall
we will be fine.........If penns gets blown out there are plenty of
smaller streams to fish......... white deer creek where the Finn
killed them last month with a muddler minnow 40 to 60 fish from 1" on
up............

They sure did love that fly. Such as basic fly, one I usually don't have in
the rotation.

spring creek, young womens creek left and right branch,
little pine creek, which we have fished in the snow..............

It's funny how many streams (there are other streams not listed) we have
found since the last big Clave rainout. B.C. (Before Claves) we would just
sit back, relax, and play cards if the weatrher didn't like us (make sure to
bring the small change this time).

But I
know we all go there to fish the HATCH on penns so time to pray to the
no rain gods..........

Yep, it's The Hatch that keeps us coming back.

When you going up again?

The Finn

Old May 14th, 2008, 02:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike

I will be up Thursday night if things go right.........Thought you
were satying in one of the cabins........Bruce may have a bunk or 2
you could use I don't know if Rudy will allow it but you are welcome
to the trailer if ya need it........I guess we will have to invade the
tall ones streamer box and see what he has in it............Let me
know where you end up so we can maybe hook up (pun
intended)............
Old May 14th, 2008, 02:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Softhackle

On May 13, 9:15*pm, Mike wrote:
I will be up Thursday *night if things go right.........Thought you
were satying in one of the cabins........Bruce may have a bunk or 2
you could use I don't know if Rudy will allow it but you are welcome
to the trailer if ya need it........I guess we will have to invade the
tall ones streamer box and see what he has in it............Let me
know where you end up so we can maybe hook up (pun
intended)............

Makela, I didnt avoid the question?
I sent you an email telling you I have room for you and the kids and
to call me.
I was not sure when you were going to arrive because of the way you
wrote the email.
I also said if the Apt is booked you can stay at the Cabin at the
club.
Or if I close on the creek front property this week you could stay
there.
Get off your butt and give me a call.
Later
Old May 14th, 2008, 05:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike Makela

"Softhackle" wrote in message

..... I have room for you and the kids and
......if the Apt is booked you can stay at the Cabin at the
club.
Or if I close on the creek front property this week you could stay
there.
Get off your butt and give me a call.
Later

Will give you a buzz in the morning. Still checking out the weather, but
we'll be on a practice tour with the boys and the fly rods.

Dan and Matthew saw your website tonight and of course Dan loved his picture
in there, but Matthew is now jealous that he isn't posted (we'll have to fix
that this weekend).

Hoping the rain holds off, but we may spend time on one of the mountain
streams with freshly stocked fish (need to ensure they get instant
gratification, additional future fishing time may depend on it).

Talk to ya in the morning.

Mike

Old May 14th, 2008, 02:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike

Bald Eagle creek 5-13-08 Poe Creek 5-15-08 Little pine Creek 5-2-08
stocking dates
Old May 14th, 2008, 07:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

This was in the NWS State College discussion from this morning:
MAY 08 STARTING TO FEEL LIKE MAY AND JUNE 77...AND THE SUMMER OF
76...THESE WERE COOL AND WET. SEEMS LIKE IF WE HAVE IT NICE IN MID
APRIL...THEN PAYMENT COMES LATER.

I think we need to move the Clave and the trout to Nebraska. Partly
cloudy and mid 70s.
Frank Reid