And you say Bush is dumb.....

Old May 13th, 2008, 12:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

Default And you say Bush is dumb.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws&feature=related

Old May 13th, 2008, 01:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR

Dave LaCourse wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws&feature=related

I watched that clip, and.... yes, Bush is dumb.

- JR
Old May 13th, 2008, 01:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Mon, 12 May 2008 20:02:41 -0400, JR wrote:

I watched that clip, and.... yes, Bush is dumb.

Same grade point average as Kerry, but I bet both of them know how
many states there are. Duuuh!

Old May 13th, 2008, 02:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR

Dave LaCourse wrote:
On Mon, 12 May 2008 20:02:41 -0400, JR wrote:

I watched that clip, and.... yes, Bush is dumb.

Same grade point average as Kerry, but I bet both of them know how
many states there are. Duuuh!

So, well *below* Barack's GPA.

You mean to honestly tell me that you don't recognize a simple
slip of the tongue when you hear one.....?

..... "something-7, uh, and one more to go, not counting Alaska
and Hawaii....." You mean to tell me it's not obvious he meant
47 and made a slip.... kinda the way you would if you'd visited
47 states in 15 months, many of them multiple times....???

C'mon. There are a lot of honest differences to discuss and even
argue and disagree about, but this picky little **** is a waste
of everyone's time....

- JR

Old May 13th, 2008, 03:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Mon, 12 May 2008 21:47:39 -0400, JR wrote:

C'mon. There are a lot of honest differences to discuss and even
argue and disagree about, but this picky little **** is a waste
of everyone's time....

But it's fun, John.

Old May 13th, 2008, 03:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
news
But it's fun, John.

There, I'll disagree with you, old pirate. What is going on in the nation
and within our role in the world is too important to trivialize as some
would do. Focusing on little video snippets and trying to portray an
intelligent person as dumb isn't "fun", it's trivializing an opportunity for
a legitimate national debate on some issues. Not that the actual candidates
won't manage to drop the gravitas levels a few notches before the process is
over, but still, I suspect those who would have the race reduced to guilt by
association, cherry-picked video clips, or misrepresented sound bits don't
really have the nation's best interests at heart.......
Tom

Old May 13th, 2008, 04:18 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Dave LaCourse wrote:
On Mon, 12 May 2008 20:02:41 -0400, JR wrote:

I watched that clip, and.... yes, Bush is dumb.

Same grade point average as Kerry, but I bet both of them know how
many states there are. Duuuh!

So, well *below* Barack's GPA.

You mean to honestly tell me that you don't recognize a simple
slip of the tongue when you hear one.....?

.... "something-7, uh, and one more to go, not counting Alaska
and Hawaii....." You mean to tell me it's not obvious he meant
47 and made a slip.... kinda the way you would if you'd visited
47 states in 15 months, many of them multiple times....???

I can't speak for Dave, but if a campaign that he chose to mount causes
him to do all this "slipping," I'd offer that the pressures of the
Presidency is gonna do a real number on him, "slip"-wise...IAC, 47 isn't
right as to primaries/caucuses anyway, although his "state" math would
have made sense at "47."

C'mon. There are a lot of honest differences to discuss and even
argue and disagree about, but this picky little **** is a waste
of everyone's time....

How come it is that when anyone else makes an obvious slip, misspeaks,
or simply drops a clanger, it's important, but when Obama does it, even
mentioning it is "picky little ****" or "politics as usual" or one of
its variants? I gotta tell ya, this is one of the things that's gonna
come back to haunt him - his and his supporters' utter hypocrisy with
stuff like this.

TC,

- JR

Old May 13th, 2008, 04:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Tue, 13 May 2008 02:42:16 GMT, "Tom Littleton"
wrote:

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
news
But it's fun, John.

There, I'll disagree with you, old pirate. What is going on in the nation
and within our role in the world is too important to trivialize as some
would do. Focusing on little video snippets and trying to portray an
intelligent person as dumb isn't "fun", it's trivializing an opportunity for
a legitimate national debate on some issues. Not that the actual candidates
won't manage to drop the gravitas levels a few notches before the process is
over, but still, I suspect those who would have the race reduced to guilt by
association, cherry-picked video clips, or misrepresented sound bits don't
really have the nation's best interests at heart.......

Um, how about Obama's defense of the "100 years in Iraq" commercials?
Even rational Dems were calling it a gross inaccurate characterization
of both the full quote and the intent, which is exactly what it was.
Thus far, I'd have to give the "high road" nod to McCain (personally -
the same cannot be said of several local GOP campaign ads).

TC,
Tom

Old May 13th, 2008, 04:32 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
salmobytes[_4_]

Dave LaCourse wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws&feature=related

Obama is a smart guy. So is his very impressive wife.

The dumb person is the one who thinks Obama really does think there are
57 states, just because it came out of his mouth. For smart people, like
Obama, the tongue slips every 100,000 words or so. For Bush, something
vaguely intelligent slips out, every 100,000 words or so.

Yale (where Bush went to school) is famous for being a tough, top-knotch
school that looks the other way for dumb but rich alumni children. Even
Princeton used to do that, not too long ago. Bush fit that Yalie profile
to a T.

But for minority scholarship students, like both Michelle and Barack,
you had to be on top of your game. Smiling and looking the other way was
only offered to children of the Skull and Bones guys.

Old May 13th, 2008, 04:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Mon, 12 May 2008 21:32:44 -0600, salmobytes
wrote:

Dave LaCourse wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws&feature=related

Obama is a smart guy. So is his very impressive wife.

The dumb person is the one who thinks Obama really does think there are
57 states, just because it came out of his mouth. For smart people, like
Obama, the tongue slips every 100,000 words or so. For Bush, something
vaguely intelligent slips out, every 100,000 words or so.

Yale (where Bush went to school) is famous for being a tough, top-knotch
school that looks the other way for dumb but rich alumni children. Even
Princeton used to do that, not too long ago. Bush fit that Yalie profile
to a T.

But for minority scholarship students, like both Michelle and Barack,
you had to be on top of your game. Smiling and looking the other way was
only offered to children of the Skull and Bones guys.

Hee-hee-hee...you're obviously a Harvard type...

SNICKER,