And you say Bush is dumb.....

Old May 13th, 2008, 04:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default And you say Bush is dumb.....

On Tue, 13 May 2008 08:20:59 -0600, salmobytes
wrote:

rambled:

...yes, I was a teenage (fishing/poaching) thief.
I used to sneak in to Clark's Pond on the north side of Princeton
too, with black friends from "down town." They had guard
dogs there, so it was a bit dicey. But boy they sure did
have some big bass in that pond. Stealing (fish) from the rich
is our patriotic duty.

Ah. In that case, post your address and bank info. I'm sure that
you'll not object to those much less-fortunate than yourself stealing
from you. In fact, why not just give everything you have to those
less-fortunate so as to not make them have to steal. Actually, what are
you doing with anything? It would seem foolish to acquire things that
you realize others are duty-bound to steal from you....

HTH,
....I wonder, rhetorically of course, what your reaction and attitude
would be if one of your black friends from downtown was caught in the
act of doing their duty by robbing you blind...and they could show that
you were "richer" than them...
Old May 13th, 2008, 04:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

wrote:

[...]

Have you ever wondered how life might be different if you understood what
anyone was saying to you? Ever wonder how life might be different if you
understood the previous question?

Ever wonder what makes you pathetic and miserable?

Ever wonder what it might be like to have something to say?

Ever wonder what self respect feels like?

Well, it doesn't matter, does it?

Wolfgang
who, in anticipation of a guaranteed sudden windfall, is making a BIG
shopping list!

Old May 13th, 2008, 05:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Tue, 13 May 2008 02:42:16 GMT, "Tom Littleton"
wrote:

There, I'll disagree with you, old pirate. What is going on in the nation
and within our role in the world is too important to trivialize as some
would do. Focusing on little video snippets and trying to portray an
intelligent person as dumb isn't "fun", it's trivializing an opportunity for
a legitimate national debate on some issues.

Ah, but it seems for Obama to lie about what McCain said about the 100
years in Iraq. Hell, we've already spent 63 years in Germany and
Japan.

If he can not speak straight, what the hell is he going to do with
that 3 a.m call: "Yeah, we're going to bomb you." oh ****, he
forgot to say "not"

Everyone laughed at Quale's spelling of "potato", and it was funny.
Obama saying he's been in 57 states is hillarious. Obama hasn't been
in *47* states on his 20 months of running for potus. And, if his
wife has never been proud to be an American, just *why* the hell are
we trying to put her in the White House.

Old May 13th, 2008, 05:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:

[...]

Dave

You know that this is some tiresome bull**** on your part. Four years
ago you were slandering a wheelchaired Medal of Honor winner who you
said jumped on the grenade the wrong way, because he was a Democrat.
Then it was ok to **** on McCain, another war hero, in North Carolina
because I guess that was fun too. Dave, you may have some good
qualities but you are sure one ****ed up puppy when it comes to this
crap. I have no idea where or when you learned that this crap was
consistant with being a man but I sincerly regret that it is a part of
who you are.

Old May 13th, 2008, 05:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
Obama saying he's been in 57 states is hillarious.

Now, don't you wish you believed that?

And, if his
wife has never been proud to be an American, just *why* the hell are
we trying to put her in the White House.

Because it's about time to give good sense a try?

Wolfgang
no, it will never catch on, but as a one shot deal, what the hell, ainna?

Old May 13th, 2008, 06:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

salmobytes wrote:
Michelle Obama grew up on on the south side of Chicago.
Emerging from that environment, as she did, was no small achievement.

I admire anyone who gets out of the south side....I just question
the intelligence of anyone who goes back. ;-)
- Ken
Old May 13th, 2008, 06:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On May 13, 8:26*am, salmobytes wrote:
...I wonder, rhetorically of course, what your reaction and attitude
would be if one of your black friends from downtown was caught in the
act of doing their duty by robbing you blind...and they could show that
you were "richer" than them...

Actually happened once. *Jimmy Greene (now a semi-famous chef in
Trenton) once knocked on the door, at the corner of Prospect and
Harrison. He was dressed in a suit, carrying a Unicef can. *He looked at
me, smiled and ran. He knew I knew he stole the can. Got email from
Jimmy a few years ago. He's doing well now. Has a condo on the Delaware
down on the waterfront, in what used to be a blighted industrial area.
Now it's million dollar condos. Another friend Eddie, who I used to
poach with, eventually got a law degree. He never could find work in a
law firm, so he ended up running a collection agency. Which still ****es
him off. But at least he's doing well.

Being as I live in Western Washington I seldom get to reminisce about
fishing in the Jersey waters of my youth.
Last summer I was back there on death watch and visited some of my old
haunts. Your comments on Stoney Brook reminded me of other nearby
waters. Stoney Brook was the original name for the upper Millstone
River, and winds all over hell and back. It winds thru the Princeton
Battlefield site, well preserved in its 18th century form. I love to
stand on that spot downstream at the edge of the highway in the Rockey
Hill cemetery where Washington conferenced on horseback with his staff
after 3 successive come-from-behind victories against the Brits and
the Germans, and decided to slip North beyond Cornwallis' grasp.
Unless you study Washington's New Jersey campaigns you will not
understand the man's incredible generalship. My family farmed further
downstream on Six Mile Run, a trib, and on the plain at Cranberry and
fought the Brits in the Winter campaign known as the Forage War.

I also remember fishing a narrow little creek that bisected the
Sourland Mountain to the West of Princeton, and North of Hopewell.
Tiny little ,native I believe, Brook Trout in one of the strangest
land forms I know of in the East. Was pleasantly surprised that a big
part is now in some kind of conservancy. Area was always a bit spooky
per the Lindberg kidnapping, but starkly beautiful.

Suggestion: Don't even try to explain how onerous the class and race
system was in NJ in those days. I sometimes wonder myself if some of
the outrageous stuff I saw happen was real. Rich people could get away
with just about anything and the police would help them steal whatever
they could. Between the rich and the Mafia in those days . . . . For
Blacks it was worse and dying in police custody was common. I saw a
White developer divert the drainage into a small Black neighborhood in
North Brunswick, flooding out the homeowners and then buy up their
houses for next to nothing. No one would help them, it happened, it
was real. I saw old Robbi, fresh out of his Winter in the County
Workhouse, die in a ditch we were digging on the very same property.
It was just one of the reasons I went West when I could. Anybody who
says this country hasn't improved in some ways hasn't been around for
very long.
Viva la trespass.

Dave
I dreamed I saw Joe Hill last night alive as he could be
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Tue, 13 May 2008 10:54:28 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

It all sounds like a sequel..."Good Jill Fishing"...so, which one of you
is ****ing Matt Damon....?

HTH,
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

wrote in message
[...]

That's it? That's all you've got left this early in the day?

Wolfgang
who notes that caustic baiting ain't what it used to be.......well, in some
parts of the country, anyway.