Who Needs Hendricksons When You've Got Pass lakes

Old May 14th, 2008, 02:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default Who Needs Hendricksons When You've Got Pass lakes

On May 14, 7:54*am, George Cleveland
wrote:

As far as the cane goes I have it on "permanent loan" from an
acquantance. He says I can keep it forever with the only condition
being that I not sell it.

WAYNE KNIGHT, ARE YOU LISTENING??????

:-)

Nice arrangement, George. I've got a similar one with a large
collection of woodworking bench gouges and turning tools "given" me by
a friend. I've duly noted the arrangement in my tool inventory for
travelers from the future.

I'm not bemoaning the "local only" fishing this summer- there are
quite a few ponds in the area that I'll enjoy exploring in my sweet
new watercraft. :-)

Bill

Old May 14th, 2008, 03:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On May 13, 1:31 pm, sergeantsville frank sergeantsville.frank.
wrote:

What I meant is that the wild fish are few, and unless I can learn how
to tell the diffs, besides the perfect fins on wilds, then I don't want
to chance taking wild fish. I don't like the idea of killing the fish,

Fishing kills fish. Even if you release all you catch, you'll
occasionally hook one in the eye, or gill, or one will simply expire
because it fought too hard. In fishing, death happens. Better get used
to it.

but if I do take one, I hope to be fairly confident that it was put
there by man. make sense?

I'm guessing that most trout you catch are rainbows and browns. If
that is the case, they were ALL "put there by man", at least at some
time in the past. Brook trout are the only trout native to the east. I
agree that it is worthwhile to value wild non-native fish, but
realistically, they represent an artificial, man-made ecosystem.

BTW, a properly stringered fish won't suffocate, and keeping fish
alive on a stringer is the best way to keep them fresh. Unfortunately,
wading in a stream is not conducive to proper stringering. Second best
is throwing 'em on ice immediately, and otherwise keeping them as cool
as possible is the way to go. That's why those old timers carried
wicker creels. In any case, fish are neurologically simple creatures,
and while we should be responsibly humane in our treatment, I wouldn't
go overboard in worrying about whether we are "torturing" them...

And that, like RDean said, is just my opinion (yes I gots one),

Jon.
Old May 14th, 2008, 03:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On May 13, 6:54 am, George Cleveland
wrote:

making the 50 mile round trip to the "'Fly" very often (if at all)

50 miles round trip? That sounds like heaven to me :-)

Thanks for the TR and pics,

Jon.
Old May 14th, 2008, 04:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

wrote in message
In any case, fish are neurologically simple creatures,
and while we should be responsibly humane in our treatment, I wouldn't
go overboard in worrying about whether we are "torturing" them...

Why should we be humane in the treatment of "neurologically simple
creatures"? And what does "neurologically simple" mean? When you finish
with those simple questions, maybe you'd like to explain how you reconcile
"responsibly humane treatment" (whatever that might mean) with not going
"overboard in worrying about whether about whether we are 'torturing'
them..." whatever that might mean.

And that, like RDean said, is just my opinion (yes I gots one),

Well, at a glance, the careless reader might conclude that you've got
something that LOOKS like one. And thus, yes, you do bear a striking
resemblance to dicklet.

Wolfgang

Old May 20th, 2008, 06:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

On May 14, 9:43*am, wrote:

WAYNE KNIGHT, ARE YOU LISTENING??????

Huh?
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:58 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On May 20, 1:51*pm, Wayne Knight wrote:
On May 14, 9:43*am, wrote:

WAYNE KNIGHT, ARE YOU LISTENING??????

Huh?

Sorry about that. Folks like George start slinging around phrases
like "permanent loan" and I get all weak in the knees. :-)

Hope all is well with you,
Bill