Summer fishing get-together?

Old May 15th, 2008, 02:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

Default Summer fishing get-together?

"riverman" wrote in message
I'm going to be back in the US for 5 weeks this summer, and will be
doing a drive from Maine to Indianapolis, back through DC, then back
to Maine during that time. If anyone wants to get together and fish
for a day or so, I'm way up for it.

My schedule is this:
Arrive in Maine on July 3.
Drive to IND, in time for a conference from July 8-12
Drive IND-DC on July 13
Return to Maine for the rest of the summer
Fly back to HK on Aug 8.

It would be fun to get together in Maine with any Maynahs, or meet up
with any roffians between Maine and Indiana, Indiana and DC, or DC and
Maine while driving through. My travel dates are flexible (just not
the week I need to be in Indiana, and my flight arrival and departure
dates).

Anyone interested, email me or post here.

And are there any fishing opps in or around Indianapolis?

--riverman

Hey Dude,

On one of those legs you will be within 12 minutes of my houses. I've got
two and one's for guests if you need a rack and a burger and a beer.

I'm in Dayton Ohio..are you going to have room and weight in your luggage
for some mags? If not, I'll mail 'em....

john

Old May 15th, 2008, 03:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On May 15, 11:24*pm, "asadi" wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message

riverman wrote:
*...
And are there any fishing opps in or around Indianapolis?

I used to fish the White River near a campground just north
of Indianapolis. It's a pretty nice smallmouth stream there.
I was there for the Grateful Dead at Deer Creek Music Center
so fishing wasn't top priority and I haven't had an Indiana
license since.

I live two hours west of Indy and there are fishing opportunities
around here but by July the lakes fish better for largemouth than
the streams for smallmouth.

Give me a call when you're around and we'll find something to
cast to.

--
Ken Fortenberry

sounds like a clave....- Hide quoted text -

Wow, it sure does! Why don't you guys all send me an email with phone
numbers, and I'll get in touch nearer to the time. For the week that
I'm in Indy, I'll be free every night after the sessions (from around
4pm onwards) and willing to make little jaunts anywhere, for fishing
or cameradie. As for the other legs (to DC, then to Maine), I'm fair
game to adjust my timing around trips.

:-)

--riverman
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On May 15, 9:58*pm, "asadi" wrote:
"riverman" wrote in message

[...]

john- Hide quoted text -

Save the postage, Asadi. I think I can arrange to be in Dayton on
Sunday the 6th, since its just outside of Indy, or else on Saturday
the 12th while I'm on my way to DC. Any fishing around there? We can
possibly do a Sat/Sun thing the weekend of the 12th, if you're free.

--riverman
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On May 15, 8:24*pm, "Mike Makela" ten.tsacmoc@alekamm wrote:
"Tom Littleton" wrote in message

"riverman" wrote in message
[...]

myron,
when you're heading from DC up to Maine, I might be able to share some
fishing over a decent Trico hatch up this way. Get in touch with me.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Tom

Here, here. *read my mind. * Tricos should be prime by then. * Count me in
as long as it's after July 13th (will be enjoying Cicada Madness on Penn's
that week). *Actually the weekend after may be perfect for a Trico jaunt,
I'll need a fix by then. .

Mike- Hide quoted text -

Hmm, the weekend of the 19th might be a few days late. Tom and Mike,
where do you guys live? I'll be in DC probably only for 2-3 days, but
I might be able to find other things I can do to fill the week. Any
chance of getting together mid-week; maybe around the 16-18th?

--riverman

Old May 16th, 2008, 12:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

asadi wrote:
Okay....someone familiar pick a campground riverman can get to easily from
downtown Indy..I'll have my camper so there are extra beds and maybe we can
all have a campfire if we PROMISE to make sure he gets up in time to get
back to town in the a.m.

cell phone going out now to all who expressed interest...john

Got the email with the cell number.

The only campground I know in the area is on the White River and
called appropriately enough White River Campground.

http://www.co.hamilton.in.us/parks_details.asp?id=2933

It's a county park of Hamilton County, Indiana. It's a nice enough
place and when I camped there years ago you could catch smallies
within easy walking distance of your campsite (between aluminum
hatches). One thing that's changed is that there is now a No
Alcoholic Beverages rule. I know damn good and well that rule
wasn't in effect when the Grateful Dead were following me around.

Bottom line: I don't know of a suitable place near Indy anymore.

I'll take a drive over to Turkey Run State Park and check out the
campsites. Turkey Run is just about equidistant from my house and
Indy. I've been there several times but never camped because it's
so close to the house.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old May 19th, 2008, 03:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

On May 15, 2:21*am, riverman wrote:

My schedule is this:
Arrive in Maine on July 3.
Drive to IND, in time for a conference from July 8-12
Drive IND-DC on July 13
Return to Maine for the rest of the summer
Fly back to HK on Aug 8.

And are there any fishing opps in or around Indianapolis?

Sorry to respond late, I just got back from five days in the Smoky
Mtns, a trip I dearly needed for sanity's sake. As Mr. Reid hinted, I
live in Indianapolis and would enjoy getting together while you're
here. You can use my house if you need to also.

There is a tailwater a little over an hour east of Indianapolis
towards the Ohio border plus the Mad River is 2½ - 3 hours away from
Indy and about an hour from John's Driveway. Plus we have some small
mouth water that's decent enough between me and Kenny and the White
River he mentions. I am six hours from the banks of the Ausable and
six hours from the

Wayne
Old May 19th, 2008, 03:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Wayne Knight typed:
snip
I am six hours from the banks of the Ausable and
six hours from the

Wayne

Yeah, I'm usually six hours behind myself, as well.

Old May 19th, 2008, 04:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

On May 19, 10:59*am, "Tim J."
wrote:

Yeah, I'm usually six hours behind myself, as well.

But do you ever catch up to yourself?