Trout fishing in Adelaide Hills - advice?

Old August 20th, 2008, 01:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,aus.sport.fishing,alt.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Gas Bag

Default Trout fishing in Adelaide Hills - advice?

I’ve tried fishing for some Trout in the Adelaide Hills (South
Australia). I’ve seen both Redfin and Trout in the Hills, and I’ve
also caught some Redfin. At the moment, I’m still seeing fleeting
glimpses of Trout and Redfin, but they are very reluctant to go for my
Lures, which are typically Rapalas. I’m fairly sure the Lures I’ve
been using (my brother’s) are either Topwater or Shallow Running
Lures. The colour is very close to Rapala’s "Glass Mudler" or "Silver
Foil", which I think is way way too dull, considering the overcast
weather. I know there are fish there, as I’ve seen them many times,
but choosing the right Lures seems to be the issue. I am also toying
with the idea of using Live Bait rigs on one rod while using Lures/
Spinners on a second rod. (Even though Live Bait rigs are not the
standard for Trout)
I am looking for advice regarding certain Lure types/colours and Live
Bait types, in relation to different seasons and conditions. Different
Lures for Rainbows -vs- Browns?
Any advice?
Old August 20th, 2008, 03:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,aus.sport.fishing,alt.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

"Gas Bag" wrote in message
[...]

***********************

Try a Muddler Minnow, wet or dry...

JT

Old August 20th, 2008, 03:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,aus.sport.fishing,alt.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On Aug 20, 10:31*pm, "JT" wrote:
"Gas Bag" wrote in message

[...]

...but you may have to change your line.

--riverman
Old August 23rd, 2008, 02:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,aus.sport.fishing,alt.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Rodney Long

Gas Bag wrote:
[...]

This will catch them "every time"

http://ezknot.com/panfishworm.wmv

--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,
Fishing lure remote control
Old August 23rd, 2008, 02:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,aus.sport.fishing,alt.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On Aug 23, 9:39*pm, Rodney Long wrote:

http://ezknot.com/panfishworm.wmv

Wow, that is the most natural looking......uh.....thing......I ever
saw. What's it supposed to be?

--riverman
Old August 23rd, 2008, 03:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,aus.sport.fishing,alt.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

riverman wrote:
Rodney Long wrote:
http://ezknot.com/panfishworm.wmv

Wow, that is the most natural looking......uh.....thing......I ever
saw. What's it supposed to be?

It's SPAM is what it is. Rodney Long is a longstanding serial SPAMmer
of Usenet fishing groups.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old August 23rd, 2008, 03:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,aus.sport.fishing,alt.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Rodney Long

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
riverman wrote:
Rodney Long wrote:
http://ezknot.com/panfishworm.wmv

Wow, that is the most natural looking......uh.....thing......I ever
saw. What's it supposed to be?

It is a new "way" to fish, I'm the guy who invented it, it's called the
Wiggle rig, and there is no rig anywhere in the world that can make a
worm look more real, or minnow lure, while I'm at it

It's SPAM is what it is. Rodney Long is a longstanding serial SPAMmer
of Usenet fishing groups.

A question was asked, I showed them what would work, IT IS NOT SPAM, Ken
you need to read Usenet rules, and not make up your own. If someone else
besides me had made the post, you would have said nothing.

The only thing I posted was a video, not even where it could be bought
or even what it was called

I have never SPAMMED anyone, anywhere, according to the rules of the
internet, I alway post on topic, I use my "real" email address, and I
don't multiple post. My ISP has told me none of my post were spam, as
they have received a couple of complaints by people who don't understand
the rules, they read every post I have made to news groups to
investigate this

I am the world's leading expert on fishing this technique, but to let
you know, there are now over 50,000 other fishermen who use it,
including most of the big names in fishing, None of these have the time
on the water using it I have. SO I share this experience, too bad people
like you have run off other experts using "their" lures or their rigs
from the internet news groups

Old August 23rd, 2008, 04:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,aus.sport.fishing,alt.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Rodney Long wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
It's SPAM is what it is. Rodney Long is a longstanding serial SPAMmer
of Usenet fishing groups.

... If someone else
besides me had made the post, you would have said nothing. ...

That's right. If someone else was recommending it that wouldn't
be SPAM, that would presumably be a genuine endorsement. When
you post an endorsement of your own product that's advertising
and commercial advertising on a non-commercial Usenet newsgroup
is Usenet SPAM. This isn't news to you, like I said you're a
serial Usenet SPAMmer of longstanding.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old August 23rd, 2008, 05:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,aus.sport.fishing,alt.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Rodney Long

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Rodney Long wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
It's SPAM is what it is. Rodney Long is a longstanding serial SPAMmer
of Usenet fishing groups.

... If someone else
besides me had made the post, you would have said nothing. ...

That's right. If someone else was recommending it that wouldn't
be SPAM, that would presumably be a genuine endorsement. When
you post an endorsement of your own product that's advertising
and commercial advertising on a non-commercial Usenet newsgroup
is Usenet SPAM. This isn't news to you, like I said you're a
serial Usenet SPAMmer of longstanding.

Not according to "ANY" ISP !

You are trying to take away my free speech, and keep other fishermen
from hearing the best techniques in fishing, from the leading expert

I could easily get an email address that could not be traced, and act
like someone else on here, and really tell the truth about my rigs, but
that is not honest, and I refuse to do anything that is not honest

I tell you what Ken, let's make it a non commercial post, I am offering
this rig "free" to the poster, including S&H to Australia. all he has to
do is email me his mailing address

Ken your really about to get upset, as people start talking about my
latest fishing tackle I have invented. I have improved all spinner, and
crank bait presentations to improve the catch rates, in both fresh and
salt water, I have also invented a new rigging method for Carolina, and
live bait bottom fishing that is nothing less than awesome, and have
greatly improved deep trolling rigging.

You want to keep me off news groups.

Now who's loss is that ? Mine ? Hardly ! AS Millions of people have
seen and read about my tackle, a couple hundred on news groups means
nothing to my bottom line, I am here only because I want to share
information, not be some unreachable person in the tackle industry, that
could care less about the individual fisherman

It's the people who come to these groups, where they will have to wait
months, or even maybe years to learn about what's new, and what's better
in fishing, it is their loss

Don't worry, it's getting where I don't have the time to play with you.

Old August 23rd, 2008, 05:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing,aus.sport.fishing,alt.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Rodney Long wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Rodney Long wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
It's SPAM is what it is. Rodney Long is a longstanding serial SPAMmer
of Usenet fishing groups.

... If someone else
besides me had made the post, you would have said nothing. ...

That's right. If someone else was recommending it that wouldn't
be SPAM, that would presumably be a genuine endorsement. When
you post an endorsement of your own product that's advertising
and commercial advertising on a non-commercial Usenet newsgroup
is Usenet SPAM. This isn't news to you, like I said you're a
serial Usenet SPAMmer of longstanding.

Not according to "ANY" ISP ! ...

Just because your ISP doesn't see fit to yank your account, and
lose your money, doesn't mean commercials are welcome on Usenet
newsgroups. Some don't mind, I do. I've seen Usenet newsgroups
(skiing) absolutely ruined by commercial posts. You couldn't get
a straight honest answer out of anybody without wading through a
bunch of advertising hype and hokum.

And speaking of hype and hokum, that describes your commercials
to a T Rodney. Just don't post commercials, it's bad for business
anyway.

--
Ken Fortenberry