Early morning catfish

Old June 22nd, 2004, 04:14 PM
Pepperoni

Default Early morning catfish

I got tired of catching carp all day. I started fishing below the dam
(rather in the still water above), and had immediate success with the
flathead catfish. I think I'm off carp until the river level falls.
http://home.comcast.net/~thuxton/flathead.htm
(that's a lot of fish sticks)

I've been catching nice flatheads at sunrise. Caught below a small dam on a
hot dog slice (today) and yesterday on crawler.
These are the first flatheads that I've caught here on the Huron River.
(Ypsilanti Michigan) We usually catch channel cats of about the same size
(32-36 inches) I did catch some tiny channels here last week, but the
jumbos usually run up the river from the larger lakes at sundown.

We also feature smallmouth, walleyes and pike. The river is extremely high
due to heavy rains. Lots of nice fish are seen milling around in the rapids
and pools.

I had a good day, and got home before 7:30am

Pepperoni

Old June 22nd, 2004, 09:13 PM
Rez

"Pepperoni" wrote in message
I got tired of catching carp all day. I started fishing below the dam
(rather in the still water above), and had immediate success with the
flathead catfish. I think I'm off carp until the river level falls.
http://home.comcast.net/~thuxton/flathead.htm

(Ypsilanti Michigan)

Just checking... is this group mainly UK people? I just found it & as it
said uk.rec.fishing.coarse I just assumed it would be British.
Also, I guess it's mostly people who just fish, not tackle dealers & such,
or are there both?
TIA
Rez

---

Old June 22nd, 2004, 11:15 PM
Phil L

Rez wrote:
::
:: Just checking... is this group mainly UK people? I just found it &
:: as it said uk.rec.fishing.coarse I just assumed it would be British.
:: Also, I guess it's mostly people who just fish, not tackle dealers &
:: such, or are there both?
:: TIA
:: Rez

It is mostly British anglers who post here, apart from our resident Yank,
Pepperoni!
We don't see many tackle retailers posting spam in here, just the occasional
angler posting details of his auctions on ebay....spammers get shouted at
and/or killfiled!

Old June 23rd, 2004, 02:05 AM
Pepperoni

"Rez" wrote in message

"Pepperoni" wrote in message
I got tired of catching carp all day. I started fishing below the dam
(rather in the still water above), and had immediate success with the
flathead catfish. I think I'm off carp until the river level falls.
http://home.comcast.net/~thuxton/flathead.htm

(Ypsilanti Michigan)

Just checking... is this group mainly UK people? I just found it & as it
said uk.rec.fishing.coarse I just assumed it would be British.
Also, I guess it's mostly people who just fish, not tackle dealers & such,
or are there both?
TIA
Rez

There are other groups out there, but very few carp groups. I drifted in
one day and stayed. Try rec.outdoors.fishing alt.fishing
alt.fishing.catfish or type "fishing" into your newsreader's search
pane. If you just type "fish" you will get the same list, but with aquarium
and tropical fish groups thrown in. Try your favorite species, you may get
lucky. Lots of bass groups.

Pepperoni
http://home.comcast.net/~thuxton/gonefishin02.htm

Old June 25th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Rez

"Phil L" wrote in message
Rez wrote:
::
:: Just checking... is this group mainly UK people? I just found it &
:: as it said uk.rec.fishing.coarse I just assumed it would be British.
:: Also, I guess it's mostly people who just fish, not tackle dealers &
:: such, or are there both?
:: TIA
:: Rez

It is mostly British anglers who post here, apart from our resident Yank,
Pepperoni!
We don't see many tackle retailers posting spam in here, just the

occasional
angler posting details of his auctions on ebay....spammers get shouted at
and/or killfiled!

Thanks for reply & info.

---