where are the fish gone to??????

Old July 26th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Keith M

Whoops there seems to be an echo - Sorry.

"Keith M" wrote in message
Hi all.

Wots a fish????

Keith M

"Alan Willavise" wrote in message
news
I,ve recently fished the st david,s/solva areas of west wales,with not
brilliant results,ie-mackeral,the odd pollack,and of cause wrasse on the
float off the rocks.Some of the locals told me that the fish had gone to
deep water?I also fished barry last week and also ogmore deeps with
friends,and many other anglers with very poor results.We were using
ragworm,squid,mackeral and sandeels.But the fishing was still not like it
should be at this time of year.Is it the very warm weather and bright
sunshine causing it or something more sinister like pollution.I,ve even
heard of bad returns off the boats out in the bristol channel!So
guys,some ideas please.and where are the FISH. Alan newport

Old July 27th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Eric The Viking

Legend has it that a fish is a creature with no legs that can hold its
breath for an infinitely long period of time. The story goes that they
used to live under water and would at certain times of the year conduct
mass suicide by leaping onto the land. Even today people report
sightings of these mythical creatures but for most of us they remain no
more than an unsolved X-File.

;-)

ETV

Old July 27th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Keith M

Thanks for that enlightenment Eric
I suppose that I will have to increase the amount of time I keep vigil on
the beaches of Kent so that I dont miss the next "Coming of the Fishes"

I'll keep you posted

oups.com...

Old August 18th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Steve Vlismas

Hi I am new here. I grew up around the area where you have been - born in
Barry, moved to Haverfordwest as a teenager. Did quite a lot of fishing
around west wales. I always caught my best bass at Broad Haven. Fish big
tides, off lion rock (rocks to right of beach, looks like a lion), from half
way out to half way in again, use either soft/peeler crab or razor fish. Use
the lightest weight you can get away with and DON'T overcast.Best when wind
is on shore and there is a bit of a surf going. Best bass ever was about 9lb
from that spot. I haven't fished there for many years now as I now live in
Hampshire. Anyone know any good bass marks in Hampshire? I have completely
struck out here. Good luck, Steve