Weiss Lake Alabama Gator

Old July 27th, 2008, 11:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Jack Schmitt

Default Weiss Lake Alabama Gator

This is a 28 foot gator as reported by KTBS of Birmingham. I have fished
many a day in this lake but, I have never seen anything like this.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Weiss Lake Gator.jpg (38.7 KB, 7912 views)
Old July 28th, 2008, 01:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
What me worry?

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 17:54:58 -0500, "Jack Schmitt"
wrote:

This is a 28 foot gator as reported by KTBS of Birmingham. I have fished
many a day in this lake but, I have never seen anything like this.

Sorry Jack, this one's not true.

Check here, http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/wcgator.asp

Even at 13' it's scary enough!

Dan
Old July 29th, 2008, 12:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

wrote:

This is a 28 foot gator as reported by KTBS of Birmingham. I have fished
many a day in this lake but, I have never seen anything like this.

Sorry Jack, this one's not true.

Check here, http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/wcgator.asp

Even at 13' it's scary enough!

Dan

That looks a lot like Wally Gator.

Ya know he was the swinginest Alligator in the swamp!

RIP Wally :~^ (

Op

Old August 23rd, 2008, 08:06 PM
Randyj Randyj is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Schmitt View Post
This is a 28 foot gator as reported by KTBS of Birmingham. I have fished
many a day in this lake but, I have never seen anything like this.
hmmm.... I've lived around Birmingham, Alabama all of my life and have never heard of such a radio station. The call sign of all radio stations in Alabama that I know of start with a "W"....
Old September 3rd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Henry Hefner Henry Hefner is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Schmitt View Post
This is a 28 foot gator as reported by KTBS of Birmingham. I have fished
many a day in this lake but, I have never seen anything like this.
Maybe you never saw it there because this is a 13 foot gator that was shot in Texas in 2005. Story he
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/wcgator.asp
Old September 23rd, 2008, 02:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charlie S.

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 19:00:28 +0100, Henry Hefner
wrote:

Jack Schmitt;202577 Wrote:
This is a 28 foot gator as reported by KTBS of Birmingham. I have fished

many a day in this lake but, I have never seen anything like this.

Maybe you never saw it there because this is a 13 foot gator that was
shot in Texas in 2005. Story he
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/wcgator.asp

The Florida Museum of Natual History says this about gator size:

"Adults males typically reach 4 to 4.5 metres (approximately 13 to
14.7 feet), although there are several unconfirmed reports of larger 5
m (approx 16.4 feet) and even 6 m adults (19.8 feet is the largest
"reported", though there are doubts over its veracity) having been
found or killed in the 19th and 20th centuries. Such sizes seem
unlikely for this species. Females reach lengths of just under 3 m
(approx 9.8 feet)."

So any pic you see of a "monster" gator over 20 feet is pure fiction.