Help: I Need Rod & Reel Advice

Old March 19th, 2006, 11:56 PM posted to alt.fishing

Default I Need Rod & Reel Advice

Hey Westynorth,

Excellent combo. My kids have broken more rods than I wish to admit.
Fortunately, they were the Wally world brands. I bought a good rod for
myself and three months later the youngest sat on the tip and broke it about
a foot and a half down. Do yourself a favor an break him in correctly with
respecting and caring for a good combo. Me, I didn't chance it and good
thing I didn't, don't have the $ to spend to replace.

Good luck!

Halon

"westynorth" wrote in message
OK, I just returned from the sports store with my purchase. I picked up
the Sahara reel and my budget wouldn't allow for the St. Croix, so I
picked up an Ugly Stick. I had the reel spun with 14lb line and I
purchased a nice bag to hold the rod & reel. About $108 for everything at
Gander Mountain.

My son turns eight in 7 days and this will be his present. Thanks, Steve,
for your advice. I can look forward to our trip this summer with
confidence. If you're ever in Denver, I'll buy you a beer. I truly
appreciate your input.

Thanks again,
Westynorth