BrooklynBill & Steve Huber

Old February 25th, 2004, 11:07 PM
hermit

Default BrooklynBill & Steve Huber

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those that recommended
BrooklynBill and Steve in my quest to find a custom rob builder and
purveyor of fine fishing reels.

I received my Japanese version of the Daiwa Millionaire today and I a
most pleased. Dealing with Bill was truly a joy. He did everything
possible to answer my questions regarding the reel, kept me up-to-date
on the process of the order. Had the opportunity to speak via
telephone with him a few days ago - now I know why he has *Brooklyn*
in his handle. A true gentleman and a real pleasure to deal with. So
if you're looking to purchase a high quality reel, get in touch with
him.

Just got off the phone with Steve; another gentleman with the customer
in mind - nowadays that can be a rare circumstance. Very nice man who
has the knowledge I only wish I had. My new rod should be here within
a couple of weeks.

These guys deserve a plug in my opinion. I highly recommend both
Steve and Bill.

Regards,

Dick Williams
Old February 26th, 2004, 01:18 AM
Charles Summers

Yup... and I should have my new rod the first of next week! Now, if I could
only find the time to go fishing :-(

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

Old February 26th, 2004, 02:57 AM
Bob Rickard

Quit goofin off and get back to work, Summers! You ain't gettin them big
bucks for playing around on the 'net.
--
Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)

Old February 26th, 2004, 04:30 AM
Netguider

Hi,

I wasn't going to post until I had a chance to try out my new combo, but
when I saw the reference to "BrooklynBill" I thought I'd go ahead and say
something.

I ordered the new Shimano Calcutta Conquest DC (the Japanese version of the
TE computerized reel sold in the states) from him last week and had it in
three days! Plus, his price including shipping was less than I'd have paid
at Bass Pro Shops and I'd still have had shipping. Needless to say, I was
very happy with the transaction.

This is Shimano's $500 baitcasting reel. I've been waiting on a new Kistler
Helium 7' rod and it got here today. Now if the weather will just warm up a
little, I'll get to try this outfit out.

I'm going to post my results of "long" casts and how I feel about the
rod/reel combo later, but I'll say this right now. The reel is certainly of
the highest quality. I think the Conquest has a lot of extra's that the
American version doesn't have. Larger main gear, special bearings, special
spool, etc. It is truly a thing of beauty.

The Kistler rod has a great feel to it as well. It has the unique reel
mount, 10 eyelets, and is lighter than my 7' G-Loomis spinning rod. It's
getting some pretty good reviews
http://www.tackletour.com/reviewkistlerlta.shtm. I think this will make a
great combination. Maybe this weekend I'll get to try it out, weather
permitting.

By the way, Shimano is sponsoring a long distance casting contest to promote
this new reel at several tackle shows across the country this year. The
first one is in Houston, TX on March 20th and the second in Birmingham, AL
on April 17th. They provide the reel (the DC of course) and rods. The
participant with the longest cast at each event wins a $5,000 store credit
at a major tackle shop. I guess the average guy is casting a 1/2 oz weight
about 85 yards with some people hitting 100 yards. That's pretty amazing.
300 foot casts. I hope to find out this weekend when I get my outfit rigged
up.

Just wanted to say thanks to BrooklynBill for getting me this reel at a
great price and quickly.

Randy

Old February 26th, 2004, 06:39 AM
Netguider

I wish I could come down to the classic. But I just can't take that much
time off this time of year. It's about a thousand miles from Indiana. That's
16 or 17 hours, plus a day to unwind each way. It would be nice, but not
this year.

If there's a tournament closer later in the year, I'm going to make it for
sure. I've lurked in this newsgroup for a long time, posting once or twice a
year. But I've enjoyed the posts and learned a lot about the sport and
sportsmanship from the members here. Seems like people who fish, just get
along well together.

Hope to see you at one of the other ROFB get togethers. Thanks for the
invite.

Randy

Old February 26th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Kevin Hare

I'm beginning to wonder if working for you would be that great Bob????
I'll just have to be more careful when I goof off I guess. Call
me?????

Heavy

Old February 26th, 2004, 02:29 PM
alwayfishking

Go fishing with either Bill or Steve and you will find them to be even
better to deal with on the water!!! By the way Bill, we need to get out
son!!!!! Has to be some water thats not frozen somewhere.(up North that is)
om...