crappie setup

Old July 19th, 2004, 05:04 AM
robert bernard

Default crappie setup

was told i should use pointer78 jerkbait. for use in crappie fishing. where
do you find one,or any information on this item

Old July 19th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Jerry

robert bernard wrote:
was told i should use pointer78 jerkbait. for use in crappie fishing. where
do you find one,or any information on this item

Its nothing more than a jerk bait similar to the Rapala used for bass
fishing. You can find them online for about $13-$14 each. A lot more
than I would want to spend on a crappie lure. They are made by Lucky Craft.

Jerry

Old July 20th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Rodney

robert bernard wrote:

was told i should use pointer78 jerkbait. for use in crappie fishing. where
do you find one,or any information on this item

I think he is pulling your leg,, sure you might catch some crappie with
it,, but there are a lot better crappie lures out there, many , many
jigs work very well, as do 1 to 3 inch grubs, beetle spines, roster
tails, road runners, Hal Fly's, or Pan fish Assassins. Of course if you
reaLLy want to catch crappie, try plain old "small" live minnows, if you
want not to miss any strikes, or gut hook any fish, put them on the
Stand Out hook over a 1/4 OZ weight. I used this set up Saturday, and
had a ball catching crappie
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Old July 20th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Pepperoni

Minnows are the best crappie bait. I fish with a quill bobber on 4# line.
A single BB shot makes the bobber ride with about 2 inches showing. You
won't hook many crappies deep in the gut with this method. The bobber will
gently slide off and submerge. No hard strike is requires; a gentle
tightening of the line is all that is required. Depth of 5-12 feet is
usual, with the larger fish generally found deeper and further away from the
weedline. I often fish deep and cast as far as possible toward the center
of the lake, as I fish the weedline with my other rod. Big crappies are
cruisers, and cover a big area searching for food. The smaller ones do tend
to group near structure, and group by size. Once you find the right depth,
it is usually good all day.

Pepperoni