first post: how to determine?

Old February 21st, 2005, 10:55 AM
Wayne Harrison

Default first post: how to determine?

i'm curious about the time of my first one--how the hell do you find out?

yfitons
wayno

Old February 21st, 2005, 11:34 AM
riverman

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
. com...
i'm curious about the time of my first one--how the hell do you find out?

yfitons
wayno

Hi Wayne:
Go to www.deja.com and go to the advanced search link. Put in your name
) as the 'from' person, roff as the 'newsgroup', and then
limit the dates to something way back where you are certain to have had
posts. Sort results by date, and go to the last one. You can further narrow
down the options by narrowing the date down more.

The problem comes in if you have changed your usenet name since the
beginning, as that is how it is sorted. In your case, it might be easier to
search for all posts contianing 'yfitons'.

--riverman

Old February 21st, 2005, 12:48 PM
Herman Nijland

Wayne Harrison wrote:
i'm curious about the time of my first one--how the hell do you find out?

yfitons
wayno

Google / Groups / Avanced search
author Wayne Harrison, group roff, and keep adjusting the date window
until you end up with a browsable number of posts. Alas, there's no such
thing as a 'reverse sort on date' on Google.

--
yfitll, Herman
Old February 21st, 2005, 01:06 PM
Wayne Harrison

"Herman Nijland" wrote in message
Wayne Harrison wrote:
i'm curious about the time of my first one--how the hell do you find out?

yfitons
wayno

Google / Groups / Avanced search
author Wayne Harrison, group roff, and keep adjusting the date window
until you end up with a browsable number of posts. Alas, there's no such
thing as a 'reverse sort on date' on Google.

--
yfitll, Herman

thanks, herman. looks like 9 november, 1995.

yfitons
wayno

Old February 21st, 2005, 01:10 PM
Scott Seidman

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in news:M6jSd.14024$Go4.1184547
@twister.southeast.rr.com:

i'm curious about the time of my first one--how the hell do you find out?

yfitons
wayno

I remember my first like it was burned into my mind-- don't you?

Scott
I was "changed"
Old February 23rd, 2005, 06:10 AM

Wayne Harrison wrote:
i'm curious about the time of my first one--how the hell do you find out?

Call John Ashcroft's office...

thanks, herman. looks like 9 november, 1995.

Well, sonofabitch...I'd have bet big money it was WAY before then, at the Sigma
Chi house or something...

yf...well, you know,