Clear water fishing

Old June 11th, 2008, 12:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
vernon

Default Clear water fishing

I have had good luck with a natural colored plastic worm. I prefer the
Kelly's Bass Worms pre-rigged and scented. They look very natural and
have a hook at the top, in the middle, and at the end. They have
produced for me for years.

Thanks,
Vernon
http://www.crazyfisherman.com
Old June 17th, 2008, 03:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
MJKolodziej

Default OT Clear water fishing

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
Bob La Londe wrote:
"Rodney Long" wrote in message
Bob La Londe wrote:
My first thought if all my regular stuff failed would be a drop shot,
and you might be surprised at what colors work. Sure naturals like
watermelon seed might do the trick, but don't be afraid to try blue,
black, and yes... hot pink.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

But your so limited with what actions you can place on a lure with a
drop shot rig :-)

Why would you use a wiggle rig when drop shot rig is what is called for?
After all you are the one that said they are not the same thing. LOL.

I have never seen the conditions where the drop shot even got close to the
Wiggle rig in catching fish, when fished side by side. They are very
different, the drop shot rig can not put equal vibrations into a lure.
Thus the action on the lure is not natural. The drop shot rig is very good
at catching fish, no doubt about that, at certain times, it just limits
your lure control, it gives you more than other bottom rigs, that's for
sure, but the Wiggle rig takes it a huge step forward.

I can totally mimic the action of drop shotting with the Wiggle rig, if I
want to, but no one with a drop shot rig can mimic the actions possible
with the Wiggle rig. The Wiggle rig gives the fisherman total control of
his lures movements, from just a tiny amount,(even down to the heart beat
of the fisherman being transfered to the lure) to the panic wiggle of an
injured bait fish.

But basically the reason is this
I can't do this with a drop shot rig,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLZXB0E5LsQ

neither can anyone else

--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,
Fishing lure remote control

That Wiggle Rig looks pretty cool. I might have to get me one.
That crawdad video kinda makes me wonder if they've ever seen a crawdad
swim.

mk

Old June 17th, 2008, 03:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

MJKolodziej wrote:

That Wiggle Rig looks pretty cool. I might have to get me one.

WE have a winner! You have won 1 "free" snap Wiggle rig kit,

email me you mailing address, and I will get that kit sent out

That crawdad video kinda makes me wonder if they've ever seen a crawdad
swim.

I really doubt if he has, but that action sure does catch bass with them

Old June 20th, 2008, 07:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Phone Man

my mailing address is:

Donnie Watkins
5289 Garmon Mill Rd
Midland, NC 26107

Thanks!!!

Old June 20th, 2008, 08:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Phone Man wrote:
my mailing address is:

Donnie Watkins
5289 Garmon Mill Rd
Midland, NC 26107

Thanks!!!

H'mmmmmmmmmmm

Although your not the winner, you got basketballs

WHat the heck, I will mail you one to :-)