Freezing Minnows

Old May 30th, 2005, 05:17 PM
boomer

Default Freezing Minnows

I've never frozen minnows but here is a method that works great for
catalpa worms.

Decide how many minnows you will need thawed for use. Put these into a
freezer bag and cover with water. Add about 1/4 cup of vinegar and 2
tbls. salt. Shake to mix. Now you need some help. Push bottom of bag
until all air is out and brine is to the top. Then have your helper zip
the bag. Like I said I've never done minnows but it works great on
worms. They look natural when thawed and stay on the hook really well.
Good luck on your trip.

--
boomer
boomer's Profile: http://www.hookandsinker.com/forum/m...hp?userid=2748

Old May 31st, 2005, 03:10 AM
David H. Lipman

From: "boomer"

| I've never frozen minnows but here is a method that works great for
| catalpa worms.
|
| Decide how many minnows you will need thawed for use. Put these into afreezer bag and
| cover with water. Add about 1/4 cup of vinegar and 2tbls. salt. Shake to mix. Now you
| need some help. Push bottom of baguntil all air is out and brine is to the top. Then have
| your helper zipthe bag. Like I said I've never done minnows but it works great onworms.
| They look natural when thawed and stay on the hook really well.Good luck on your trip.--
| boomer------------------------------------------------------------------------boomer's
Profile: http://www.hookandsinker.com/forum/m...hp?userid=2748 View
| this thread: http://www.hookandsinker.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=57986

Why are posts in alt.fishing getting replied to and posted in rec.outdoors.fishing when
done form Hook & Sinker ?

This is at least the second time I have seen this happen.
You would think that a post replied to in alt.fishing would go to alt.fishing.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old May 31st, 2005, 07:26 AM
Yellowchaser

This should now be corrected if it is not let me know. Thanks

From: "boomer"

Yellowchaser's Profile: http://www.hookandsinker.com/forum/member.php?userid=22
View this thread: http://www.hookandsinker.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=58135
These Newsgroups available on www.hookandsinker.com

Old May 31st, 2005, 07:51 AM
Yellowchaser

Testing posting to newsgroups is correct.

From: "boomer"

Old May 31st, 2005, 07:59 AM
Yellowchaser

Testing one last time to make sure it is working correctly.

Yellowchaser Wrote:
Testing posting to newsgroups is correct.

--
YellowchaserWWW.HOOKANDSINKER.COM - The Sportfishermen's choice for fishing news, over 500+ maps, over 7,000+ schematics, and even these newsgroups are available online!

Old May 31st, 2005, 02:46 PM
Pepperoni

"Yellowchaser" wrote in
message ...

Testing one last time to make sure it is working correctly.

Still arriving at rec.outdoor.fishing

The problem *IS* that the thread originates in alt.fishing , not ROF

Old May 31st, 2005, 03:04 PM
David H. Lipman

From: "Yellowchaser"

| This should now be corrected if it is not let me know. Thanks

I received email from Jeff indicating it should be rectified.

I thank Hook & Sinker (if you are on staff) for being quick and responsive.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm