Ambassadeur Eon reel

Old November 18th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)

Default Ambassadeur Eon reel

I found this on Overstock.com if anyone is interested. Don't know if this is a good price or not. Doc

Old November 18th, 2003, 07:16 PM
Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)

Opps, forgot the link. http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....PROD_ID=546068

Old November 19th, 2003, 12:41 AM
Andrew Kidd

"Doc (The Tin Boat King)" wrote in message
Opps, forgot the link.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....PROD_ID=546068

"Doc (The Tin Boat King)" wrote in message

I found this on Overstock.com if anyone is interested. Don't know if this

is a good price or not. Doc

Unsolicited review:
The reel will throw a bait a mile, and cast very light weights, but is
questionable in construction quality. Price isn't bad...but I think you
might be able to do better for the money.

Can't believe I said that about an Abu product...

--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

Old November 19th, 2003, 02:08 AM
Brad Coovert

Can't believe I said that about an Abu product...

--
Andrew Kidd

You know you want Curados...you just know you do. ;-)

BTW - Do not throw a Scorpion...you will regret it.

Brad Coovert, 2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
Please visit our sponsors:
http://www.geocities.com/greenfieldb...ponsorPage.htm

Old November 19th, 2003, 03:10 AM
AJH

The EON is a reel I wouldn't buy, It has a history of failures.. Abu
Garcia won't acknowledge the problem..All my baitcasters are Abu
Garcia..

I fish therefore I lie

Old November 19th, 2003, 04:14 AM
Andrew Kidd

"Brad Coovert" wrote in message
Can't believe I said that about an Abu product...

--
Andrew Kidd

You know you want Curados...you just know you do. ;-)

BTW - Do not throw a Scorpion...you will regret it.

Have really been considering this for the future baitcaster purchases...
Although I am a long time Abu fan, just not an EON fan!

Old November 19th, 2003, 05:28 AM
Crownliner

the abu eon low profile is a great reel. the round green one sucks. just a
personal opinion. the low profile is a great reel, but due to it's cost it
is not really a bargain. there are a lot of other good reels in the same
price range that are as good or better.

crownliner