VideoFishing

Old October 10th, 2004, 01:32 PM

Default VideoFishing

I am not a fishing fanatic.
Although I like to eat fish, I do feel sorry when I see fish on the hook
trying desperately to free itself.

So I am thinking about attaching a tiny video camera to "VideoFishing line"
instead of fishing hook and watch/monitor fish behaviours and enjoy.

There are a couple of technical problems to make such a "VideoFishing" a
reality;
(i) How to obtain flexible,light weight and strong fishing line like
cable to provide (a) power for the camera and illimunation system (b) video
amplifier and/or digitizer and transmit/receive circuits ?
(ii) Small camera that can withstand 50-100m depth OR an encloser for
the camera for that depth?
(iii) How to illumunate (visible light or IR or else) the surrounding ?
(iv) Any comment?

Thanks

Old October 11th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Phil Allison

VideoFishing

I am not a fishing fanatic.
Although I like to eat fish, I do feel sorry when I see fish on the hook
trying desperately to free itself.

So I am thinking about attaching a tiny video camera to "VideoFishing
line" instead of fishing hook and watch/monitor fish behaviours and enjoy.

There are a couple of technical problems to make such a "VideoFishing" a
reality;
(i) How to obtain flexible,light weight and strong fishing line like
cable to provide (a) power for the camera and illimunation system (b)
video amplifier and/or digitizer and transmit/receive circuits ?
(ii) Small camera that can withstand 50-100m depth OR an encloser for
the camera for that depth?
(iii) How to illumunate (visible light or IR or else) the surrounding ?
(iv) Any comment?

See: http://www.camerasunderwater.co.uk/video/sony/mpk.html

** Cheaper to get a fish tank.

.............. Phil

Old October 11th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Dingo

Dick Smith sell an underwater camera,

But I would just use fibreoptic cable and keep the expensive camera high and
dry

VideoFishing wrote in message
u...
I am not a fishing fanatic.
Although I like to eat fish, I do feel sorry when I see fish on the hook
trying desperately to free itself.

So I am thinking about attaching a tiny video camera to "VideoFishing

line"
instead of fishing hook and watch/monitor fish behaviours and enjoy.

There are a couple of technical problems to make such a "VideoFishing" a
reality;
(i) How to obtain flexible,light weight and strong fishing line like
cable to provide (a) power for the camera and illimunation system (b)

video
amplifier and/or digitizer and transmit/receive circuits ?
(ii) Small camera that can withstand 50-100m depth OR an encloser for
the camera for that depth?
(iii) How to illumunate (visible light or IR or else) the surrounding

?
(iv) Any comment?

Thanks