Thanks to ROFB, from SWL

Old December 26th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Chris S

Default Thanks to ROFB, from SWL

Happy Holidays to you also Joe.
Thanks for the very kind offer

Chris S

Old December 26th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Joe Haubenreich

We appreciate that, Chris.... and we're happy to be associated with the
folks in this group.

I'm looking forward to fishing with you, again, when you come down for the
Mid-Tenn Classic on Center Hill in April. I promise, if I'm on the trolling
motor at the time you hook a six-pounder, I will be quicker getting you over
to it.

Chris didn't mention it here, but in the last hour or so of the Okeechobee
Classic last year, a huge bass hammered his spinnerbait as it came across a
hole in the grass. The bass tangled him up in a clump of weeds, and I slowly
steered a zig-zag course over to it, trying to keep on eye on the bass, one
on the trolling motor arrow, and one on the grass to pick out a way through
the slop. Unfortunately, I ran out of eyes, and Chris ran out of time. The
bass came unhooked just out of arm's reach. After such a strong showing the
first day of the tournament, that one bass the second day would have assured
him of first place, I thought.

It just proves how gracious Chris is, that I didn't have to wade and swim
back to Okie-Tantie for the weigh-in.

Chris, I hope you can bring some of your buddies back down with you. Yuell
and the ladies at Hurricane are excellent hosts and cooks, and the fishing
on The Hill seems to have improved over two years ago, too.

Joe
___________

Old December 26th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Joe Haubenreich

Hmmm.... We'll check into that. Might be something to do with browser
compatibility.... Did you use Explorer as your browser? If not, try that.
I'll send you a prostaff price list privately, Ken.

Joe
"Ken Blevins" wrote in message
Joe. I would like to take advantage of this offer but when I open the
page all I get are symbols and a few numbers randomly scattered at the
beginning . This sounds like a good deal and I'd hate to miss out on it.
Thanks for your time
Ken Blevins
PS If your offer is spam then its my kind of spam

"Joe Haubenreich" rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com wrote in
message ...
Merry Christmas from Bob, Charles, Joe, and all the folks at Secret Weapon
Lures. Maybe we can help make the waning days of this season a little
merrier, and brighten up your new year as well.

From the ranks of ROFB came our first field testers, prostaffers, and
customers. A number of you have promoted us with your fishing buddies and
your local tackle shop dealers, and we really appreciate it. To give
something back, we've sponsored several events ROFB Classics and host its
Web site as well. Now, we'd like to do something for individual members.

Through December 2, we're offering VIP pricing, normally for prostaffers
only, to ROFB members. To take us up on this offer, go to
http://secretweaponlures.com, and click the "ProStaff" button under
"Login"
in the top menu.

User Name: rofb
Password: blackbass

Happy holidays.... and good fishing!

Bob Rickard (founder, Secret Weapon Lures)
Joe Haubenreich
Charles Summers

Old December 26th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Joe Haubenreich

Yep, that was supposed to be January 2....

We'll check the coding on that 2-blade lure page. The others seem to display
properly now..... I think we should be able to fix it up. All the other
pages, including the mini-kit, should be working correctly.

Thanks for the heads up, Marty.

Joe
"Marty" wrote in message

"Joe Haubenreich" rofbmail (at) secretweaponlures (dot) com wrote in
message ...
Through December 2, we're offering VIP pricing, normally for prostaffers
only, to ROFB members. To take us up on this offer, go to
http://secretweaponlures.com, and click the "ProStaff" button under

"Login"
in the top menu.

I assume that "through" date is Jan. 2.

Now, I'm a computer dummy. I clicked the "ProStaff" button, did the logging
in, then clicked "Online store" and saw no pictures or prices, only a bunch
of "Select model" and "Add to cart" stuff on the right.

???????????

Old December 26th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Ken Fortenberry

RGarri7470 wrote:
Thanks Joe, great offer. And thanks to Secret Weapon for the support of ROFB.
I am sure some will get their panties in a wad saying this is spam, but ignore
them.

Support of ROFB ? That's nonsense. Every single person on earth
who pays a subscription fee to an ISP which runs an NNTP server
supports ROFB.

Weird, the first post here tonight when I logged in was "HOW TO TURN £3 INTO
£10,000 USING PAYPA" - wonder if the same folks that get so upset about spam
will respond to this one, too.

My ISP filters all that junk from the newsgroup. I would never
have seen it if "Guitar Man" hadn't responded to it.

I will post this one last time - if you don't like a post, ignore it. Don't
feed the trolls and don't try to stir up folks here just to see what they will
say.

Why don't you follow your own advice ?

There is a way to advertise here, by the way. If Joe had posted
a nice spinnerbait story like the one about him & Chris on
Okeechobee and then included the advertisement in a 4 line or
less .sig, something like:

ROFB only special on Secret Weapon Lures email me for details

nobody would have cause for complaint. As it is, I do have cause
for a SPAM complaint and I have made it.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old December 26th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Chris S

Thanks Joe I really enjoyed fishing with you as well and hope to get another
chance.
Joe that fish just didnt want to come home but we did get that 4 lber
that you got!!
Now I wouldnt have made you swim after that one, but trying to play with
that HUGE gator as we floated over him now just maybe you may have
Look forward to seeing you all down at Center Hill and I do beleive the my
buddies are coming too as it stands now.
Thanks for the kind words Joe

Happy New Years to you and the Boys at SW

Chris S

Old December 26th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Todd Copeland

"AJH" wrote in message
But you have to remember who sponsor's the ROFB website, they should be
given special consideration..

Because someone _volunteers_ to do something does not entitle them to
something else as consideration. This is why the word is "volunteer".

If it were not for Secret Weapon's history of spam, I might not mention
anything. But truth is, they/he harvested email addresses from ROFB in the
past and sent _email spam_ to many of the people here.

How would you feel if someone just came into the groud and started selling
their ebay items here? Why is SW's post any different?

While I think the price of SW lures was too high to start and the
"reduction" in price brings it inline with other lures (my personal
opinion... I just cannot afford expensive/nice/high quality lures), I did
see it as someone posting of a reduction in the price of fishing lures. That
would be a good thing. I think the post falls into a grey area.

Just my 2 cents.

(I thought Ken's comment about sig's was funny... but true :)

Old December 26th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Chris S

"Todd Copeland" wrote in message
ink.net...

If it were not for Secret Weapon's history of spam, I might not mention
anything. But truth is, they/he harvested email addresses from ROFB in the
past and sent _email spam_ to many of the people here.

I have never received email spam from SW or anyone else from here for
that matter ???
I have order from them in the past and I still have not recieved any emails
from them unless I just ordered and recieved a conformatiom from them
Maybe you're just unlucky

Chris S.