Selling my boat...

Old July 11th, 2006, 05:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Default Selling my boat...

Sounds classic Steve! How come my father in law wasn't anything like you?
(He was actually an Elvis inpersonator.... and a VERY BAD ONE)

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"Charles B. Summers" wrote in message
. ..
Sorry if you missed out, but... SOLD!

LOL, Charles, you've made a young man VERY happy. It's so funny to watch
him, he's acting like I did when I got my first boat. Actually, he's
acting like I was a month ago when I got my Cat..... My wife Janet,
daughter Rebecca, future son in law Brandon and I spent the afternoon in
the boat chasing smallies. It was funny to listen to Becca and him
discussing plans for the new boat. And, when we left, I threw him the
keys to my truck and made him back into the landing.

Can you say "Blue Fox commercial?"
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old July 11th, 2006, 05:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Yup...

"Jerry Barton" wrote in message
news
So you actually "SOLD" it ??

Old July 11th, 2006, 12:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

Charles Summers wrote:
You know it... I love it, but it's not getting any use. I think I want to
sell it, buy a big ass Harley Davidson. Call me crazy, but you won't be the
first.

Anyone interested in a Nitro?

Charles,
You're making a big mistake. But if you insist on buying a
motorcycle, contact me. I've got a really nice 2004 Honda VTX1300 with
accessories for sale. I made the mistake that you're about to make.
Jack
~~
Jack Dalzell
www.jdbass.com
~~

Old July 11th, 2006, 02:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles B. Summers

Dude... that's BIG bike! I'm looking in the 600cc class... but that's not
why I'm selling, err.. sold my boat. I just haven't had the chance to really
get it wet this year, or most of last year. I hate to see it sitting unused.
I don't know if something happened to me last year when I crashed by bicycle
or not, but I just haven't had the desire to really get out and spend any
time on the water. When I do get out... personally I wish I was back home
doing something else wondering why I was still fishing. I guess you could
say that the thrill is gone for me... or the thrill of fishing alone.

wrote in message
ups.com...

Old July 11th, 2006, 03:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Charles B. Summers" wrote in message
Dude... that's BIG bike! I'm looking in the 600cc class... but that's not
why I'm selling, err.. sold my boat. I just haven't had the chance to
really get it wet this year, or most of last year. I hate to see it
sitting unused. I don't know if something happened to me last year when I
crashed by bicycle or not, but I just haven't had the desire to really get
out and spend any time on the water. When I do get out... personally I
wish I was back home doing something else wondering why I was still
fishing. I guess you could say that the thrill is gone for me... or the
thrill of fishing alone.

Fun fishing is usually more fun with a buddy or two in the boat.

AS to MCs unless you are looking at one of the in-line 4 sport bike
configurations you will probably be disappointed in a lot of the 600cc
class. I know the 600VLX Honda is not all that impressive. Some of thos
inline 4 though really perform well, but you have to wind them up to the top
of their range.

Look for something in the 700-750 class. VT700C (no longer made) Shadow in
good shape performs well, and handle wells for a crusier. The Nighthawk is
still one of the best buys in a 750 class new bike although braking is not
as wonderful as some sport bikes and the suspension is not suitable for any
major two up riding. Personally I really like the VF750C (discontinued in
2004 I think, but virtually unchanged from 1994 to 2002) Magna as an all
around performer. Plenty of useable power, but not as quirky as a sport
bike. As comfortable to ride as any middle weight cruiser, and has decent
adjustable suspension. It has one of the smoother dyno curves with only a
slight stumble a little over 4000 rpm. (Most riders can't feel it at all)
You will be very upset with yourself if you decide to get anything smaller
than a 600, although the older VT500C Shadow performed very well for its
class. Then again, I only weighed 190 when I owned mine. LOL. In case you
get tempted to buy a cute little CL350 or some other small bike.... DON'T DO
IT. They are fun, but when you really need to go somewhere you can burn one
of those up on a longer run at moderate speeds.

I have owned (or currently own) all of the above except the Nighthawk as
well as several other bikes, but you asked about Hondas.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old July 11th, 2006, 04:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles B. Summers

Default Selling my boat... Getting alot off topic

Bob, I haven't been on a bike since I got married 13 years ago. Taking that
into consideration, I really don't want to jump into a larger bike right
off. My old bike was a GS550 and did everything I wanted it to do. This will
not be my daily driver neither since I'm the one who takes our son to school
every morning... I wished I could drive it every day. Gas mileage in my
F-150 is about 14mpg.

I was thinking about keeping my first bike a year or two, then seeing if I
wanted to upgrade to something larger, but then again... this is only a play
toy for me. It all started out with wanting to cruise around the
neighborhood.

.. .

Old July 11th, 2006, 07:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Charles B. Summers" wrote in message
. ..
Bob, I haven't been on a bike since I got married 13 years ago. Taking

that
into consideration, I really don't want to jump into a larger bike right
off. My old bike was a GS550 and did everything I wanted it to do.

Those older 500s performed pretty well. Don't expect that out of a modern
bike. I had a CX500 (same engine as a GL500) that ripped along pretty darn
good too, but they have not been made in a very long time. Realistically, a
700 class bike atelast in the cruisers will perform similarly to some of
those old 500 class bikes from the 70s and 80s when it comes to Honda.

This will
not be my daily driver neither since I'm the one who takes our son to

school
every morning... I wished I could drive it every day. Gas mileage in my
F-150 is about 14mpg.

A lot more folks are riding everyday. I used to ride everyday, but I've
been a contractor for a long time. Pretty hard to carry powertools,
ladders, etc on a bike. LOL.

I was thinking about keeping my first bike a year or two, then seeing if I

That's a good thought.

wanted to upgrade to something larger, but then again... this is only a

play
toy for me. It all started out with wanting to cruise around the
neighborhood.

Ah, you really want something cool and small. How about a 250 rebel. LOL.

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old July 11th, 2006, 07:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles B. Summers

Don't think I haven't looked at the Rebels... they're some cool little
bikes, but one that I'd outgrow within the first month! If my son was a
little older... he'd be getting one. That's for sure...